Pod Your Reef

Fanciest SPS 29 BIOCUBE you ever did see

chrisjj625

so because of the new MP10 I just had to move one coral. Oh wait my entire tank looks different. why the hell are we in this hobby lol.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love that red monti cap...their growth patterns always amaze me.

Beautiful tank...love six lines.

I just sold the monti cap was growing like a weed

• 3 weeks later...

Just got some new stuff from the frag swap this past weekend including new clam, acros, and mini plate. Pictures to be coming soon.

Would really love some comments if anyone is bored out there.

The clam looks great, can't wait to get the sps going in my tank.

The clam looks great, can't wait to get the sps going in my tank.

Thanks man I found that clam and snatched him right up I have been looking for a sweet one ever since I sold my last one. Sps is fun, but your tank requires more care much more care with dosing just to attempt to keep the levels in check. My tank eats alk and cal for breakfast.

Looks real good...............still like mine better. :lol:

Im glad to see your not bias :P

+1 the tank looks great B)

Thanks man I really appreciate it.

The dendro looks like a penis.

:D

I dont know about you but my penis doesnt have tentacles.

Added one sexy shrimp a week a go to test and see if anything would eat him. Just added two more all three are hosting in my maxi mini really cool to see.

Added one sexy shrimp a week a go to test and see if anything would eat him. Just added two more all three are hosting in my maxi mini really cool to see.

That's funny, I just added 2 last night to see if they would make it. Just fed some Mysis and only could see one left, something had a nice $20 dinner. :)

Ya I got mine for 12$ so I jumped at that deal. What do you have that would eat them? I was concerned for my sixline because he is a dick and killed a pep twice, but I thought the anemone would protect them and I was right.

Hey chris, sorry I'm late to comment about your tank.

Looks good, the sps seem to be doing well. And as you already know, montis do grow like weeds. I was constantly trimming and breaking off pieces to keep it in check.

I see you have 2 clams! WOW! I bet you really have to stay on top of dosing!

A constructive suggestion though about your rock-work. If it were me, I would get the rocks off the back wall. By doing this, it creates more openness for fish as well as better flow through. Just my 2 pennies. ;)

Keep us updated, look forward to seeing your pics!

I would love to move the rocks, but there is no way in hell I can anymore not with all that coral. Maybe the next tank. The mp10 has helped a ton with better circulation though really noticing it. Thanks for your kind words and your time. Many pictures to come hopefully I can get some sweet ones because the tank looks really different after I sold that monti rock I had to add some dry rock. I am waiting for it to look good before any more full tank shots. I really do dose a lot I think the SPS just eats up cal and alk. Oh well thats the fun of making it your tank right lol. Thanks again.

Just got some new coral ATL rainbow acro, pro corals strawberry fields, and pro corals superman. Pics coming soon once they get happish.

Ya I got mine for 12$ so I jumped at that deal. What do you have that would eat them? I was concerned for my sixline because he is a dick and killed a pep twice, but I thought the anemone would protect them and I was right.

I have a cleaner shrimp (very well fed BTW) that likes to eat small hermits.

Your tank is awesome BTW I was just kidding before. What are you using in the media basket?

Thank you very much. Media basket has filter floss/purigen/chemi pure elite/rowaphos. Let me know if you have any other questions.

The titles is rather misleading. Nevertheless, nice tank. :)

Is that a negative comment?

Just read through this thread, I really like the scape, lots of caves, arches, etc! :)

Nice SPS, can't wait to see the new additions!

Thank you very much. Media basket has filter floss/purigen/chemi pure elite/rowaphos. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Not misleading at all, I have an HQI that I am pretty fond of and still am very impressed with this one..........................pretty dang fancy. ;)

very nice. i want to start keeping some sps. what do you do to keep the water quality up? Lots of water changes i imagine? the growth of your corals from the start is impressive. good luck.

It was meant to be a positive comment... :mellow:

Archived