Cultivated Reef

Fanciest SPS 29 BIOCUBE you ever did see

chrisjj625

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the problem though alot of that stuff is gone :( I have went almost all SPS I am trying to wait until next month when my tank is 1 year old to post pics but it looks pretty different. I agree with you I love that picture. Thanks for looking!!

I just got my rodi hooked up today so excited to have pure water At home. My fish store only has ro water so now the water will be better and not have to lug buckets around and pay for it awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

love the scape, ive been thinking about getting more into sps (right now i have some stunning blue acros, a "stag horn" monti, and a blue milli) i love the look of them! your tank has inspired me to do so!! p.s. MOA PICS..... please?

p.p.s. - how do you like your skimmer? i want to get it, but i dont want to waste the money (like i did on the biocube one)

I dont run a skimmer I bought the 115 but shortly after I tried to set it up I sold it. I was to much of a pia to deal with for me anyway. MOA pics? Thanks for visiting!

• 4 weeks later...

Your livestock , cause ive heard it can get expencive?

And ur equipment cause I'm a newbie and trying to set a butget but anyway I love your tank I'm probly getting the Bc14 with a little of all coral types.

It is expensive and can get outta control real fast. Its fun though I mean you really want to go slow so that helps with the money side of things as you dont want to add alot all at once. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

UPDATE

Just bought a Dreasa Clam and a MAXI MINI pics to come

So I moved a bunch of corals around today along with my clam trying to get it to attach to a rock is a PITA when you have pistol shrimp. Anyway so I put it up in the rocks and it fell into my maxi mini and I had to pull it out. It was trying to eat it, it was stuck I had to slowly pull and now the clam is opening like 35%ish. Not real happy hopefully the guy pulls through.

• 2 weeks later...

i see that you have sps at all levels of the tank. How is the growth and color of the various species? What's doing the best and what is lagging behind?

Gr8_Outdoorsman

Your tank looks really good! Certainly one to be proud of...

As a newbie, setting up my BC29, I have a few questions...

Are you running the inTank drip trays and the fuge? If so, how is it working out for you?

How is that AquaticLife skimmer working?

What water level are you keeping in the chambers?

The reason that I'm asking is that I ordered the inTank setup today for the BC29 and the same skimmer. I have the Biocube skimmer currently, but it isn't working worth a flip and I'm going to return it.

Thanks!

i see that you have sps at all levels of the tank. How is the growth and color of the various species? What's doing the best and what is lagging behind?

Honestly still moving stuff around I'll let know when stuffs been set for a month or so

Your tank looks really good! Certainly one to be proud of...

As a newbie, setting up my BC29, I have a few questions...

Are you running the inTank drip trays and the fuge? If so, how is it working out for you?

How is that AquaticLife skimmer working?

What water level are you keeping in the chambers?

The reason that I'm asking is that I ordered the inTank setup today for the BC29 and the same skimmer. I have the Biocube skimmer currently, but it isn't working worth a flip and I'm going to return it.

Thanks!

Love the intank media basket works great. The skimmer is good but honestly I Am no pro when it comes to skimmers. If you have any other questions feel free to ask I know how it is starting out feel like you know nothing. You'll get there don't worry just keep reading it is the best advice I can give you.

Honestly still moving stuff around I'll let know when stuffs been set for a month or so

Sounds good, it will be interesting to see how they do.

They have grown a ton its hard to tell unless you go back and look at the pictures. Overall I am happy with the growth the problem is if you move them they seem to kind of shut down for awhile until they get settled.

Gr8_Outdoorsman
Love the intank media basket works great. The skimmer is good but honestly I Am no pro when it comes to skimmers. If you have any other questions feel free to ask I know how it is starting out feel like you know nothing. You'll get there don't worry just keep reading it is the best advice I can give you.

Thanks for the feedback! It does seem like a lot to take in, but I enjoy learning. Posts like yours, sure make it easier though.

Are you using the fuge compartment as well? I'm curious what water level I'll need to run to keep the algae alive in the fuge and the media baskets still be effective?

Thank you for your time!

Thanks for the feedback! It does seem like a lot to take in, but I enjoy learning. Posts like yours, sure make it easier though.

Are you using the fuge compartment as well? I'm curious what water level I'll need to run to keep the algae alive in the fuge and the media baskets still be effective?

Thank you for your time!

I run water right up to the check hole between chambers 2 and 3.

• 2 months later...

I finally got a vortech today yay!!!! Anyway I also just sold some stuff out of my tank, so these pictures are a little dated but I wanted to share them because I took them with an SLR that I borrowed. They are not that great, but my photographer friend is supposed to be taking some more and doing professional editing as well so without further ado.....

IMG_7004.jpg

IMG_7005.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_7026.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7063.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7019.jpg

IMG_7011.jpg

Archived