Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bonsai's [In-Closet] Frag Tank

Bonsai

Is there an easy way that you've found to remove some of the colony or have you always had to remove chunks of rock to do it? I could see it being a PITA to break off a large chunk of some of nicer rocks in a tank, but then the reward is of course better.

Yeah, it's certainly not easy -- but doable. Sometimes I'll attach a chunk of live rock next to a growing colony of zoas, then once they've covered it in a few months, it's relatively easy to chop off the mother colony.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that makes sense. Thanks a lot. I have a plan for an upgrade on my tank somewhere down the line and I may make the 20L into a frag tank. I even have a closet to put it into :P.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

animalmaster6
Well that makes sense. Thanks a lot. I have a plan for an upgrade on my tank somewhere down the line and I may make the 20L into a frag tank. I even have a closet to put it into :P.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Me too, I am considering starting a 20L frag tank and Bonsai is my inspiration :)

I Ate A Cake

Great tank. I actually plan on doing something similar to one I am setting up.

Quick question -

How do you like your lighting? It looks great, and must be better in person too. I was thinking about using the GLO T5's as well.

OClownsandNanos

Wow this is an awesome frag tank. If I ever wind up getting zoas, I'm buying them from you - I love your LA Lakers, your King Midas Golds, your Fruit Loops, and your Purple Hornets.

All I can say is keep on fragging!

Bonsai,

I have 2 questions.......

1. Have you thought about keeping a 6-line to keep any pests in check ?

2. Do you think the 2x24 fixture is sufficient ?

Bonsai,

I have 2 questions.......

1. Have you thought about keeping a 6-line to keep any pests in check ?

2. Do you think the 2x24 fixture is sufficient ?

Hey Pips -- #1, yep, I have actually. #2 - the zoas seem to like 2x24 so far, I've even had to move a few to a more shaded area.

• 1 month later...

Awesome, AWESOME thread..

Will you be selling any of these frags? I want everything! My tanks not cycled yet but PM me when they're ready to move!

This is such a cool frag tank! :bowdown:

I really wish I had the room for one (I may move so I can get one). And the Fruit Loop coral looks amazing, one I will add to the must have list.

Keep the pictures coming! :happy:

• 1 month later...

Archived