Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bonsai's [In-Closet] Frag Tank

Bonsai

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done. The tank looks fantastic. May I ask what brand tank that is?

Sure thing - the tank is 3/8" Acrylic, made by Advance Acrylics out of California. Several members of this forum have purchased tanks from this company recently, mostly through his eBay store. Search eBay for a seller name "macilwu"

Some requested Mangrove shots:

A View of the Leaves

fragtank-mangroves01.jpg

A View of the Roots, and the Egg Crate Shelf holding them upright.

fragtank-mangroves02.jpg

And a quick shot of some Bam Bam frags

fragtank-bambamfrag.jpg

Looks amazing man. Id love to start a frag tank! Looks like the fragging process went pretty smoothly. Gonna add any fish to it or just frags?

I don't think I'll add fish unless it becomes a necessity. I am, however, getting some ugly brown algae in the tank, so I'll likely add snails before long.

I was taking some photos tonight for a member who is buying some pieces from me, and I snapped this macro shot of a Bam Bam frag. These Bam Bam's are unreal.

ft-bambam-macro.jpg

Hey bro, I am setting up a frag tank currently... do you have any more black eggcrate by chance?

Hey dude - I got my sheet from Bulk Reef Supply, it was reasonable. I think TM01 has some though, hit him up.

Aight sweet! Thanks, I will post a link here after my frag set up is done... it looks super clean! Your gonna love it... btw how many gallons is the tank and how is the koralia working for you? I have a spare K 1 I was planning on using in my tank which is going to be like ~16 gallons I believe

Aight sweet! Thanks, I will post a link here after my frag set up is done... it looks super clean! Your gonna love it... btw how many gallons is the tank and how is the koralia working for you? I have a spare K 1 I was planning on using in my tank which is going to be like ~16 gallons I believe

K1 seems to be working well in this tank. The frag tank itself is about 10G, with the sump, about 20G total for the system.

I bought a sweet Darth Maul polyp from you that turned into five polyps, but now none of them will open and they're slowly melting away. Have you ever experienced that with Darth Mauls? It was such an awesome zoa.

Archived