Coral Vue Hydros

Bonsai's [In-Closet] Frag Tank

Bonsai

I bought a sweet Darth Maul polyp from you that turned into five polyps, but now none of them will open and they're slowly melting away. Have you ever experienced that with Darth Mauls? It was such an awesome zoa.

I am sorry to hear that man, I havent had any experience with that. So sadly I cannot give you any information on that but I can only conclude that you may want to frag off the good remaining polyps and maybe give them a dip? I may have some more at the Lansing swap if you would be interested? They grow super quick for me actually... :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sorry to hear that man, I havent had any experience with that. So sadly I cannot give you any information on that but I can only conclude that you may want to frag off the good remaining polyps and maybe give them a dip? I may have some more at the Lansing swap if you would be interested? They grow super quick for me actually... :)

I dipped the five polyps in Furan-2 a couple days ago ... maybe I'll give it another round this week.

I'm working on taking better top-down photos with an acrylic Photo Box ... but I'm not entirely happy with the results. Here goes nothing:

Colony of my Kedd's Reds Morph

ft-colony-reds.jpg

Colony of Fire & Ice, with some Reverse Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoas

ft-colony-fireice.jpg

A Frag from the above Fire & Ice Colony

ft-frag-fireice.jpg

A Devils Armor frag - the color on this didn't come out well at all. It GLOWS in real life.

ft-frag-devilsarmor.jpg

Looks good man! Wish I would have thought about the whole mangrove thing and the eggcrate rack to hold them up ;)

I *definitely* stole that idea from you ;)

I *definitely* stole that idea from you ;)

It is ok I suppose. I will let it slide this time but next time I am expecting a free frag or something. Hopefully I can get some new pictures of my frag tank up soon. Been working on it quite a bit the last few days. I ended up changing it once again. Hopefully for good this time!

How many polyps is that?You get that one from your LFS?

Are those baby Aiptasia on there?

2 Polyps. Just some hair algae or something - the Turbo Snail will take care of that in short order.

let me bet

5 bucks on this ( or a frag of somthing bonsia )

he bought them from preuss

150$

2-3 polyps

there was only 2 frags of it yesterday in the top display tank to the right of the SW pond thing

let me bet

5 bucks on this ( or a frag of somthing bonsia )

he bought them from preuss

150$

2-3 polyps

there was only 2 frags of it yesterday in the top display tank to the right of the SW pond thing

You owe someone $5.

This is from a local reefer, not Preuss. These are true Purple Hornets, Preuss is selling true Blue Hornets.

;)

so is your biological sorta filtration just from the mangroves? or do you have liverock in the sump, pretty sweet setup :)

I have Live Rock in the sump :)

@Lawnman ... Preuss Pets is an incredible place in Michigan, but they offer their coral online through their e-commerce branch, Crazy Ricks ( http://crazyricksonline.com )

@Lawnman ... Preuss Pets is an incredible place in Michigan, but they offer their coral online through their e-commerce branch, Crazy Ricks ( http://crazyricksonline.com )

I lived in Grand Rapids and loved driving to Lansing to stop by Preuss' they always had a great variety of fish, coral, and inverts.

You owe someone $5.

This is from a local reefer, not Preuss. These are true Purple Hornets, Preuss is selling true Blue Hornets.

;)

dam

i owe you 5$

You owe someone $5.

;)

dam

i owe you 5$

Here are a few new photos with some newly added frags.

A FTS of the Frag Tank

ft-janfts.jpg

A Closer Shot of Some of the Frags

ft-lotsoffrags.jpg

Up Front - "Fruit Loops" ... "Purple Hornets" are Back and to the Left

ft-fruitloops.jpg

Grandis Paly!

ft-grandispaly.jpg

I looked at the coral online.They have some nice stuff.Where you getting your frag disk Bonsai?

The disks, like the one that the Grandis is attached to, is made by my LFS. They are flat on the bottom and look pretty natural when they've been in the tank a while.

The frag plugs are from Boston Aqua Farms.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived