ReefCleaners.org

20L>AP24 by Justin

Justind823

That's a LOT of frags! If you are going to have the rock come out, think about how to either keep it dry or keep it wet. Did not go back and read, is it a six line? I had one for a while and never new it to be a jumper.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a LOT of frags! If you are going to have the rock come out, think about how to either keep it dry or keep it wet. Did not go back and read, is it a six line? I had one for a while and never new it to be a jumper.

It's a pink-streaked wrasse a.k.a. the cryptic wrasse. There isn't many people who have had experience with them it seems. I'd like to play it safe and put a lid on it but then again rock coming out of the water would be really sweet looking I think.

After a long time without the ability to recharge the battery for my camera, the charger has come back into my life. I feel more complete. Maybe not complete but more. Kinda like this :) also known as the opposite of this :(

ON TO THE PICTURES-------

(Keep in mind I'm still battling various algae - particularly bryposis - ack. But it has been defeated once before and will soon feel death soon via raised magnesium - it will not be pleasant and there will be no survivors.

Hat

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

SPS?!

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

Frags awaiting to be glued to a real rock

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

FTS

IMG_2709-1.jpg

This is what kind of growth I've been seeing with the Par38's and decent parameters.

Dec- the day after the mini colony got to my house

IMG_2483.jpg

Today-

IMG_2743.jpg

NO :(

36" 6 bulb Tek light but I am going to be running a nice Icecap LED moonlight bar.

I could always convert to Par38 if I'm not happy ;)

I don't want to hijack your thread though, AWESOME tank.. Keep it up! I've been following.

NO :(

36" 6 bulb Tek light but I am going to be running a nice Icecap LED moonlight bar.

I could always convert to Par38 if I'm not happy ;)

I don't want to hijack your thread though, AWESOME tank.. Keep it up! I've been following.

Lol no biggie. Not a lot goes on in this thread anyway :lol:

I always hear good things about T5's so I'm sure you will be happy. Did you start a tank thread yet/ What tank are you setting up? Or are you being :ninja:

YEA! another cryptic/pink-streaked wrasse keeper! woo

They're really shy but I can't imagine mine ever jumping. I've had mine for a long time now (roughly a year?) in a rimless tank (no lid or netting; take a look at my thread) and my cryptic has never once been even close to the water line.

I think it helps that all my tank in habitants are really peaceful. My livestock consists of the cryptic wrasse, three small cardinals, a harlequin shrimp and soon to be a barnacle blenny.

oh, and i forgot to mention. i like your tank. :happy:

That makes me feel better. Now that I've had it in the tank for a bit I see how shy they really are. It hasn't even made it to the other island yet lol. I think its an awesome fish though. Very cool to watch and seriously sneaky. Basically impossible to get a good picture of. Of course the only one I could get was when all I had was my phone, gah.

All my tank inhabitants are classified as peaceful I would say so hopefully there won't be a problem.

How often do you feed yours? I've been feeding twice a day and there is a large amount of pods still in my fuge so I'm not sure if one feeding a day is good or not.

• 2 weeks later...
automatik_33

Any new updates??? Really like your lighting setup. Do you think 2 Par 38's would be too little light for a 20L? Been looking into getting 2 20k and trying them out and if anything can always get a third later.

Justind823
Any new updates??? Really like your lighting setup. Do you think 2 Par 38's would be too little light for a 20L? Been looking into getting 2 20k and trying them out and if anything can always get a third later.

Nothing new really, still fighting algae and all that good stuff. I'll take some pictures on Friday maybe, I don't really have any time during the week with work and school.

If you keep all your coral in one location or have two small island you should be okay with two. I have actually been thinking about getting another with the amount of coral spread across the tank. I really like the look of the bulb and the idea of spotlighting but it can be difficult getting light in all the places you want. But right now I don't have the money to drop on another bulb so I'll make do.

So yea, you'll be okay with two for awhile but once you have them you will see what I'm talking about.

latteslave

GET THAT ALGAE!

:)

looking great - love the growth shot and the sexy/hammer shot :o (that does not sound like it belongs on a reef thread) :lol:

• 3 months later...

OMG! An updated fts? Sure why not...

IMG_0051.jpg

Yea thats right. There's another bulb up there.

And a cat...

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

I need a better camera!

IMG_2534.jpg

So is the right and left side of the tank an accurate color representation of the 20Ks? I am debating whcih to go with for my tank but I haven't seen the 20Ks in real life.

So is the right and left side of the tank an accurate color representation of the 20Ks? I am debating whcih to go with for my tank but I haven't seen the 20Ks in real life.

Hmm its probably closer to the blue color you see in the most recent FTS i posted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
bamboosharkbark

SO you took the rim off right? but then why does it look like it's been partially euro-braced? Also that is some crazy foam work omgomgomg

SO you took the rim off right? but then why does it look like it's been partially euro-braced? Also that is some crazy foam work omgomgomg

Yea after I took the rim off I euro braced it so thats probably why it looks that way.

The crazy foam caused crazy phosphates unfortunately. Maybe if I epoxied it, it wouldnt have been so much trouble. No problem anymore though since I took this tank down awhile ago. It was fun while it lasted.

Damn this looks fantastic! Love the lighting.

Thanks upgraded to a 75g though!

Archived