Top Shelf Aquatics

20L>AP24 by Justin

Justind823

Ah no. I forgot to document that part, it all happened so fast...

All I did was cut out eggcrate in the basic shape the wall was going to be. Then I siliconed it to the back of the tank. Once that cured I just started spraying foam and pushing dead rock into it while sprinkling sand on the exposed foam to make it a little more natural. Keep in mind that the foam plumps up a lot when it cures.

Its a very simple process.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pretty friggin sweet frogspawn!!!

im pretty jealous of your euphyllia collection

Its an addiction. Well the whole hobby is an addiction.

Its an addiction within an addiction.

I know

i want to the trio in my tank with a torch

I miss mine, I had one awhile back in my 24AP it did really well, then there was a heat wave... I lost half of the tank

I know

i want to the trio in my tank with a torch

I miss mine, I had one awhile back in my 24AP it did really well, then there was a heat wave... I lost half of the tank

Ah that sucks! I can't imagine loosing any part of my tank let alonen half of it.

The trio is needed though. I mean, the torch tentacles can be difficult but it looks so sweet.

Apparently its party time when I feed the sun coral. Which is now semi trained to come out during the day! Woo!

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

And some pictures of the clams now that they are more settled in...

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

awesome new additions

i really need to join the clam club now

the lfs im getting my yasha from set got a few new ones ... and i just got paid ... who knows

awesome new additions

the lfs im getting my yasha from set got a few new ones ... and i just got paid ... who knows

Haha the clam club and the trio of euphylia...you've got a lot on your plate! Get to it!

That tank is awesome. Looks great. Love the lights. Clams are looking good.

Thanks man!

So I'm currently running a 20L also and I was wondering if you had any pictures of the tank just under the 20K's. I'm not usually big on really blue tanks, but I'm hoping to get away with 2 bulbs rather than 3 so just wanted to see what it looks like. Need to know if I could use 2 20K or 2 12K...or I may just have to steal your setup :P

IMG_2572.jpg

AWESOME!!! Them's some friggin' sweet clams!

awesome new additions

Yes you do!

Damn, more clams! The peer pressure is intense...

Yes you do!

Justin - when you get a chance, can you add your incredible tank to the 20L Owners thread? It just would not be the same without yours on there. :) Link is in sig below.

could you show us more info on your light setup, i have 3 par38's coming in and i want to make a fixture similar to yours, i know you used track lighting, but how do you have it connected to the stand and how is in connected to the track lighting...thanks :)

I love your tank setup. The euro-braced 20L is awesome, and the semi AIO sump setup to accommodate the mantis is a great idea, much easier than giving it its own tank. I've never seen anything quite like it. A++ !

Archived