Coral Vue Hydros

ebay member custom acrylic tanks

callmesaul8889

According to one of his auction descriptions. Its not posted on all of them, but one reads in huge red letters: I DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA OR PUERTO RICO. :huh:

I might write and ask him anyways.. I really want one. haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the UPS tracking #, mine arrives today. It's a 24"Lx15"Wx9H frag tank. He routinely has items with no reserves starting at $0.01. Even with shipping from CA to VA, I'm only into it for about $65. I spent WAY more than that on acrylic sheet when I built my sump. Will post pics once set-up.

• 7 months later...

This guy is awesome. I'm on my third tank from him. His prices are amazing. If you want a really good prices go to his ebay site. Look at his past history of what people are offering for his tanks, Which is around 40% of what he has them listed for, and put in a offer. He lets them go for dirt cheap.

John is awesome. i got this custom 48 x 24 x 10 frag tank from him and a custom sump that is 36 x 18 x14 and i loved it, but i sold it. i sold them to do some clown breeding and he is making me a custom tank and should be here shortly. here are some pic of my frag tank he made.

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

John is awesome. i got this custom 48 x 24 x 10 frag tank from him and a custom sump that is 36 x 18 x14 and i loved it, but i sold it. i sold them to do some clown breeding and he is making me a custom tank and should be here shortly. here are some pic of my frag tank he made.

How much did he charge you for the tank? i am in need of a new 90g.

Thanks

adam

• 3 weeks later...

John does AWESOME work. He has built a few tanx for us and modified a couple of others. The latest build is a 7' x 2' x 2' peninsula (3 side viewable) room divider made from 3/4" stock and it's truly a thing of beauty.

John rocks again for me. i got a custom clown breeding tank from him and he talked me into a rimless 20x20x20 cube with a false wall. its 1/2" thick and i will be here in a week or 2.

here are some pics of my new clown tank and sump he made.

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

sushi_defender
I bought the 20x20x15 AIO from John. Same dimensions as a biocube 29 and fits perfectly on a Solana stand. Sorry about the crappy iPhone pics.

5205137550_e056956c8b_z.jpg

5205137660_b51a0d8507_z.jpg

5204541533_c64d473118_z.jpg

5204541635_c57a60c9cc_b.jpg

Who is the manufacturer for that light?

• 4 weeks later...
Who is the manufacturer for that light?

i must say that i bought two tank from him and his work is excellent.dont be so concern about prices,just talk tohim and i know he will give a great deal. :P:D

• 4 weeks later...

I just got an aquarium from John, from the order placed to the time i received it was two weeks. He is quick, and definitely fair priced. Gave me a great deal on my shallow cube. I literally could not be happier. The craftsmanship is A+ work. You can hardly tell it was put together with silicone since the seams are perfect and there are no air bubbles in them either. Great tank. Highly recommend AA.

I recently set up an AIO tank from John and have noticed small air bubbles in the seams, especially the in-tank seam with the false wall. How much of an issue is this (mostly concerned with the outter seams obviously) and do these bubbles have a tendency to get worse as time goes on. Should I be hesitant to get this tank going?

Those are really nice tanks, I might consider one... How bad is to clean acrylic? have you guys scratch it at all? Can you clean coraline?

its not bad as everyone thinks...you just need to remember its acrylic and be careful well you need to be carefull anyways no matter if it glass or acrylic lol. my tank is starting to get coraline on the front and sides i just scrap it off with the acrylic safe magfloat. i just brush it off lightly with the scraper and it comes right off

Yeah you just need to be a little more careful about what you do around your tank and inside of it. Be very careful when aquascaping, and i wouldn't suggest leaning the rocks on the tank either because that's a surefire way to get scratches. Deep ones even. But yeah, it isn't hard to scrape corraline or algae of acrylic, you just need acrylic safe algae scrapers. However, i would also suggest being careful when using things like magfoats because if sand gets caught in between them you could scratch up the entire inside surface of your tank, or wherever you dragged the magfloat afterwards. That's why i use a 12" Kent Scraper to to my dirty work. Pretty much ensures i won't catch anything under it and scratch my tank. Just be careful and acrylic could turn out nicer than regular glass tanks since glass has a green tint to it because of the iron content, and acrylic is clear.

Yeah you just need to be a little more careful about what you do around your tank and inside of it. Be very careful when aquascaping, and i wouldn't suggest leaning the rocks on the tank either because that's a surefire way to get scratches. Deep ones even. But yeah, it isn't hard to scrape corraline or algae of acrylic, you just need acrylic safe algae scrapers. However, i would also suggest being careful when using things like magfoats because if sand gets caught in between them you could scratch up the entire inside surface of your tank, or wherever you dragged the magfloat afterwards. That's why i use a 12" Kent Scraper to to my dirty work. Pretty much ensures i won't catch anything under it and scratch my tank. Just be careful and acrylic could turn out nicer than regular glass tanks since glass has a green tint to it because of the iron content, and acrylic is clear.

i cant even properly use my mag float my tank is 1" thick all around. i have to stick my hand in there and clean it but oh well its only 16 inches hight

• 3 months later...

He's a lil slow on the draw but makes nice tanks . I got a 20 x 20 x 10 from him . It does bow a lil on the sides . Otherwise it appears to be solid .

Here it is .

IMG_0491.jpg

nor_cal_nano
i must say that i bought two tank from him and his work is excellent.dont be so concern about prices,just talk tohim and i know he will give a great deal. :P:D

That's saying a lot coming from this shiesty b@st@rd.

• 3 weeks later...

he is a little slow these days is #1 he does great work and is busy, 2 he just got married and went on a honeymoon, 3 he just had a little girl and babies are needy. hehe

on the positive side he said he hired 2 new people to help him and he should be rocking out tanks more frequently.

i am getting a tank from him next week. its a 40g tank divided into 4 chambers to house 4 pairs of clowns for me. he already made me 1 of them that i am using.

in all, he has made me 5 tanks and 2 sumps. from a 48x24x10 frag tak, to a 20x20x20 cube to my clown breeding tanks, he rocks.

he never made or seen a tank like the one i asked him to make for my clowns. all i told him is the dimentions, and divided into 4 chambers and each chamber with an overflow and return hole. what i got was pure awesomeness. my only little complaint is that i would like the water level down a 1/2 in but i can live with it. so the next tank he is lowering the overflow a bit for me. great guy.

Archived