Top Shelf Aquatics

ebay member custom acrylic tanks

callmesaul8889

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, that's John from Advanced Acrylics. Sometimes his communication sucks but tanks are 100% and I guess that's what is important. Definatly post some pics up with you get the tank! ;)

This guy is catching on fast :)

I just received my tank from him last week, and the quality is AWESOME.

I ordered on Nov 10th - the tank was listed as 16" x 20" x 8" high. I had Advance Acrylics modify those dimensions and create a custom frag tank for me that is 24" x 12" x 8" ...

Start to finish, just over two weeks from concept to having it in my hands. Here are pics of the custom frag tank. Notice the rounded corners, I'm no acrylic expert, but that looks nice to my eye.

fragtank01.jpg

fragtank02.jpg

Wow, that does look awesome. Where's the return? Also... if I may ask, what did it run you? Thanks 4 sharing!

The overflow box in the back has a hole drilled for a 1" bulkhead - for a return from the sump, I'm going to use one of these:

lg_25768_FS34720PZ.jpg

callmesaul8889

yeah he's going to picturemail me the progress of my tank, ill post pics... i love that he made my tank the exact dimensions i was looking for!

and i hate eurobracing, so instead of eurobracing, hes using thicker acrylic so it will still be rimless.. awesome stuff

I bought one of his 4.5g pico tanks not too long ago and am in the process of cycling the tank now. I had to do a couple small mods to the tank to get it to where I wanted it to be but have to say that I could not be happier. The build quality is really good.

When I first got it I thought that the pre-filter area was too large. However after trying a number of different configurations I realized it was the perfect size. It's about 4" deep with varying chambers. This works perfectly for my chiller, heater, temp\pH probes, return pump AND AquaLife skimmer (fits absolutely perfectly!). In the pics you can see that I added some acrylic to one of the chambers so I could have a little better separation for my Chaeto

I'm including a couple snaps I took while testing out the tank. I'll post more pics when I have a bit more time.

UPDATE: I spent some time and posted all of my current build out to my blog. I was thinking of posting them here but with nearly 30 pictures I didn't want be a B/W hog...

[ picoxp.blogspot.com ]

post-6402-1259515213_thumb.jpg

post-6402-1259515227_thumb.jpg

post-6402-1259515235_thumb.jpg

20x16x8 I am in the process of getting the plumbing figured out. It is going to tie into my main display tanks sump. Hopefully within the next few weeks she will be up and operational. I will try and get some better pictures soon with a real camera.

They way you took that picture it looks like a 55 gallon LOL

Also you might want to put a level on it.Looks like the left side is low.Might just be the picture though.

nice, using it as a frag tank? or just a shallow reef?

I am using it for a frag tank but its crossed my mind to make it a shallow reef. I have been contemplating on making an anemone tank and buying another one from him.

23x24x10 24g 3/4 THICK ! WOW I want that AIO :o

Ya I have been looking at getting one of these too for anemone tank. Who knows :unsure: I would definitely not hesitate to deal with the seller though. His work is top notch!

By the way I sent him a message with link to this topic. Just thought I would let him know his work is getting good publicity.

callmesaul8889

yeah i told him that there were some happy customers and gave him this site.

the reason i ask is because my dimesnions are almost the same except for the depth, do you have a lot of working room inside the tank since it's rimless? and what kind of powerhead do you plan on using? i can't decide between a koralia nano or a koralia 1..

Archived