Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ebay member custom acrylic tanks

callmesaul8889

Ya I think I will have plenty of room to move stuff around and get to frags.

I am undecided what I am using for powerheads. I am splitting the return into dual locline. I have 2 K-nanos laying around so I may start with them. My plan is to raise one piece of egg crate off the bottom an inch and notch and area for them to sit to create turbulence along the bottom. I have been contemplating a spray bar that would supply the flow to the upper part of the tank.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
callmesaul8889

i need to get my koralias still and i dont want to misjudge what to use..

ive never done any plumbing before so that should be interesting, know of any guides or anything? i saw an ad for a hydor flo which looked pretty cool, i might invest..

What do you need help with plumbing wise? If its just the basic glueing and such someone at the local hardware store could probably give you a quick run down.

As for the hydor flo I have heard of them getting gunked up overtime and quit spinning. I think K1's would be pretty good for that size or maybe a few nanos.

callmesaul8889

no i can handle the glueing and what not, im just not sure where to get all of the elbows and connectors and such.. like the flat tips, i have no clue what that's even called lol

callmesaul8889

agreed, he was wasnt shy to adjust the deal according to my available funding, im sure he would be willing to work something

Well I got the lighting all mocked up and now just need to paint the pvc structure, add some more eggcrate racks and paint the eggcrate. Oh yes and I need to pick up another stick of pvc. You will notice the pvc in front of the stand is wierd. I didnt have anymore pieces long enough so I used what I had for now.

Here is a quick shot. You get the idea

SSPX0376.jpg

callmesaul8889

woww that looks pretty awesome! i plan to combine two light fixtures together over mine, any DIY ideas? i posted in the DIY forum but didn't get any replies

callmesaul8889

have an ebay account? if so, just message him and ask what he would charge you.. it might need eurobracing because of the size, either that or thicker acrylic.

callmesaul8889

there we go, the tanks only been up and running for 2 days now, i havent aquascaped yet. the nem and coral frags havent settled down yet, i had to go a day without a light since mine broke during the move home..

4198039390_183fd573c1_o.jpg

Dustin C Mills
Well I got the lighting all mocked up and now just need to paint the pvc structure, add some more eggcrate racks and paint the eggcrate. Oh yes and I need to pick up another stick of pvc. You will notice the pvc in front of the stand is wierd. I didnt have anymore pieces long enough so I used what I had for now.

Here is a quick shot. You get the idea

SSPX0376.jpg

You should paint that pvs to match a tiki skirt and make it look like a bar.

• 1 month later...
Talk him down on the shipping he will take less on shipping and the tanks.

Yeah - this seller is awesome. Even after you have the tank in-hand, if you have any issues, he'll take care of it.

Archived