ReefCleaners.org

New JBJ 28g LED tank

Crease123

Dustin C Mills

Shimmer looks awesome in there.

600 bones and no timer? Weaksauce.

I see the JBJ LED is the deal of the day again on Marine Depot but it's 699.99 ..the same it was when it wasn't the deal of the day.

Where's the deal? I can buy it cheaper off the JBJ Website

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dustin C Mills
Deal of the day is $599.

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_28_Gallon_N...IAQNCTS-vi.html

Anyone have PAR or color info on this unit? I may buy one today if it's decent. Are the blue LEDs on a seperate power unit than the whites? Do they have dimmable drivers like the Aqua Illumination units?

Ya I seen they updated it. It was 699.99 deal of the day whenI posted though cause I had it in my basket to make sure.

No they are not dimmable the PAR on the LEDs are pretty high I belive there is a write up in a seperate thread about them. ..and yes all the LEDs are on seperate cords Daylight-dawn dusk- and moonlight. 89Watt total I believe

You can get 5% back using Bing.com's cashback deal you can get this thing for $570 delivered (after the cash back). California buyers can use coupon code NOCALTAX to get no sales tax on it to still get that price.

Keep this in mind if you go for the $599 deal.

Dustin C Mills
how do you do that?

Nevermind I found out.

How do you LED owners feel about the light penatration and overall money spent for it? Would you do it again?

LED is a far superior technology in most peoples opinions. The bang for your buck is going to be whether or not you have to run a chiller. $100 spent extra on non-HQI option = more than double that saved on a chiller.

Dustin C Mills
LED is a far superior technology in most peoples opinions. The bang for your buck is going to be whether or not you have to run a chiller. $100 spent extra on non-HQI option = more than double that saved on a chiller.

Do corals really thrive under LEDs? Or do they just survive? I have heard some people say that LED doesn't give the coral the spectrum they need to thrive. What are your opinion?

Do corals really thrive under LEDs? Or do they just survive? I have heard some people say that LED doesn't give the coral the spectrum they need to thrive. What are your opinion?

1. There are three different power circuits: Daylights, Nightlights, and 4x daylights + nightlights (for Dawn/Dusk), all have different plugs.

2. Yes, I would buy it again ;p

3. No idea on the corals, but these LED's can't be much different from the plethora of other LED builds i've seen on these forums, and that alone convinces me it's worth it ;p The money saved on replacing HQI bulbs+lower energy use from LED's saves you money in the long run, too!

Dustin C Mills

So I went to pick up my son from school came back to order the LED tank after a lot of thought only for the deal of the day to be switched to the JBJ PC...

This morning it was 699.99

This afternoon it was 599.99

Right now it's 750.00

Just what are they doing over there at Marine Depot?!? They seem very flaky.

The JBJ 28 Gallon Artica Chiller and Stand was 599.99 this Afternoon while the LED was 599.99 cause I was comparing and thinking about both of them.

Now the PC artica with stand is 799.99 deal of the day LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Marine Depot is ridiculous. Did the USD tank while I was out or something?

Call and ask about it. If they admit that it was at $599 at one point, ask if they'll honor that price. Quite sure they would. We're not talking about a $5 sale here. lol

Dunno how long you've been in this hobby, but MarineDepot is a fixture that wouldn't pull crap to try and get one over on people there is a mistake somewhere. Try and take advantage of that mistake if you can but it's still a mistake none the less.

Dude, they made a mistake, had to fix it and are offering the ability to still honor said price that it was originally advertised as...I'm failing to see what the problem is. You're making out like a bandit, buy the tank or don't.

Luckily they're huge, cheap, have great customer service and a good reputation that you can't impact any. People work there, why #### with their livelihood there was an error, something human beings have done once or twice, and they've done more than they need to resolve the situation. Let it drop already cause I think at this point you're just making yourself look bad.

Archived