Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

fewskillz' ever-evolving nano tank

fewskillz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably not doing the fuge light, so that saves 16. That would still leave the shrimp I have to catch.

Getting rid of the fuge light would definitely help. B)

Now that I'm home it looks like someone has been giving the chromis a pretty hard time. My guess would be the jawfish. I'll try to observe them for as long as I can tonight before I fall asleep. If it's the jawfish harassing the chromis then they will go in the 125. I'm ok with the chromis as the lone fish in this tank and switching to metal halide, and keeping my shrimp.

After feeding this tank for the second night now, I've decided that all of the inverts are my favorite part. A single flake hits the water and they all come out of the wood work. It's pretty funny. I think I heard the emerald crab chant "kibbles and bits"...

Deleted User 6

skillz - i've got a used 150w MH retro w/ pheonix bulb i'm trying to sell. pm me if you're interested - we can work something out. i can bring it with me next week and skip the shipping cost.

I would keep the jawfish over the blue chromis :(

I think I'd rather have something swimming in the water column. Plus the jawfish will be fine in the 125, I don't know how a single chromis would fare against 4 anthias and an A-hole sixline wrassse.

Thanks for the offer D but I don't have any use for a single 150w.

For now I'm just sticking with the PC light. I've grown too attached to the shimmer on the 125. Maybe if I get permanent lights for the 125 before the equipment switch deadline in this contest.

I still may move the jawfish to the 125, just because I think they'd look really cool in there.

For now I'm just sticking with the PC light. I've grown too attached to the shimmer on the 125. Maybe if I get permanent lights for the 125 before the equipment switch deadline in this contest.

I still may move the jawfish to the 125, just because I think they'd look really cool in there.

It would certainly make things easier in the 10. 3 fish is a bit much imo.

It's definitely a lot, but that is by design to help the softies fatten up. I'll try to decide tonight.

True. I guess you'll just have to figure that one out then ;) For what it's worth, I believe there's some kind of rock anemones down by Fort Fisher that you could try keeping. They're sort of Caribbean :lol:

Woo! you will love the gramma! they are great fish with lots of spunk haha

Your gramma looks nice. I never see anything caribbean here local and I've never had one. This guy was priced awesome ($14.99) and was small, he's like 1.5", so I couldn't pass him up. Especially since I was moving the jawfish. I couldn't have a tank with just one fish in it, I need more movement than that. I'm a fish guy, the corals come secondary to me. Thats why there are so many inverts in this tank, I LOVE the movement.

Pics tonight! I'm leaving work now to go home and play with my glass boxes.

Grammas are awesome!

I have one in my 29. He has a tunnel in the rock he hides in when the male clown is mean to him. He can hold his own against just about anything (aka sixline or clown).

So... Is there more than one kind of blue chromis?

Yep. There are blue chromis, and there are blue/green chromis. Blue's are caribbean, blue/green's are indo/pacific.

Blue:

lg-70119-chromis.jpg

Blue/Green:

lg-70197-blue-green-chromis.jpg

The pictures I promised yesterday will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. I didn't get home until late last night. So I didn't mess with the tanks.

• 1 month later...

I noticed that you had the Odyssea 24" powercompact set-up on your 10 gallon tank.

How well does it fit the 20" tank?

I want to buy them but I just dont want to get some lights that wont fit.

I hope to hear from you soon.

I'm out. Work is crazy and my other tanks require more attention than this one. I'm moving everything to a frag tank so it can just grow until work settles down in a month or three.

i love the idea!!!!

i gotta try that

I'm out. Work is crazy and my other tanks require more attention than this one. I'm moving everything to a frag tank so it can just grow until work settles down in a month or three.

well... i would go with it simplicity is the most beautiful!

I've moved everything to a 15 gallon for now. There's a pair of clowns in there I'm holding for a friend. The zoas, ricordea, shrimp and crabs are all doing fine. The gorgonias haven't been very happy though. I hope they make it.

Sooooo....Should I go with a rimless 5.5 gallon or a 3 gallon picotope? It'll be no fish, just the softies and the inverts. For now it'll be lit with the stock picotope light, but I'm probably going to build an LED or buy one of evil's PAR38s. I've also got a 70w Viper, but that would be a little overkill I'm sure.

So, rimless 5.5 or Picotope? Keep in mind that I have a lid for the picotope to cut down on evap.

Archived