Coral Vue Hydros

fewskillz' ever-evolving nano tank

fewskillz

If you need to get rid of some, I can always setup a bucket at home for the rocks you're holding onto for me.
Those rocks have corals, they're cool in the 125. It's all the crappy rocks I'll be getting rid of. Stuff that belongs in a sump, not in a display.

off to acclimate the new additions omgomgomg:happydance:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those rocks have corals, they're cool in the 125. It's all the crappy rocks I'll be getting rid of. Stuff that belongs in a sump, not in a display.

off to acclimate the new additions omgomgomg:happydance:

Haha, sounds good then ;)

Change of light. I have this laying around and the 40w Satellite won't work that well because of the black hinge on the versa-top. Plus this one doesn't need new lamps... Similar price too!

Everything looks fantastic and is done acclimating! I put all of the corals in a soap dish since I need to turkey baste the rocks. Hopefully it will be settled enough tonight for pictures!

These 10G contest tanks are going to be fun to watch but everyone else has pics. Where are yours? :P Good luck in this contest.

I've been sick. This tank was empty until about midnight last night, it would still be empty if I hadn't ordered the livestock for a today delivery. I'll post pictures once the sand has settled, hopefully tonight.

Well, none of the coral is placed, it needs more sand and a little more rock still, but here is a picture to keep ya'll happy.

tengallon.jpg

Everything seems to be settling in ok. The gorgonias got knocked over and the ricordeas and the zoas are in the soap dish until the rock work is final at which point I'll glue everything down. The heater still needs to go in the fuge, oh, and the fuge needs setup still! That's not even the AC110 yet, that's the AC70 because it was out and clean. The 110 is in a huge box with all of my other spare aquarium junk. Man there is still a lot to do. Oh, and I can't find the legs to the light fixture.

It's always something.

Hope ya'll like my work in progress.

I like the blue chromis a lot, I've never seen one in person before. The jawfish pair is awesome, I have to get some more sand in there so they can make a burrow big enough for the two of them to share.

This is going to look great :D

If you have room in the budget, use the halide to really light up the blue background and give the tank some sparkle sparkle. :happydance:

Can't use the halide, cheapest I can find it online is $169. I think it would look fantastic on there and will probably switch to it once the contest is over if I keep this tank running. The other thing with the clip-on is it won't work with either HOB filter, they're too wide.

Par 38 LED?

That would work nicely, but I'm trying to not spend any money. I have so much extra equipment laying around that I've setup this tank (with 7 or 8 possible light/filtration combos) in it's entirety for free.

Only thing I've bought is the livestock, and only reason I bought that was to get all Florida stuff. All of my spare money goes/is going towards the race car, the 125 gallon, and the new house. Priorities are no fun, but I'd be broke without them.

Gottcha. So I guess I may have jumped the gun. I saw travisurfers post about MH and thought you were looking for a light. Then reading back I see you already have a light setup. Sorry, thought you were looking for something new.

Then reading back I see you already have a light setup. Sorry, thought you were looking for something new.

I already have 3 light setups!

No need to apologize, I don't read every post in every thread either.

Thanks! I'll see if I can't re-arrange the budget and the tank to make it work. It's going to take some creativity since I want to keep the HOB filter. I don't want any black powerheads or heaters showing against my blue background, just the clear AC intake.

edit: Looks like using the AC70 and the Viper would put me about $25 over budget. About the only thing expendable worth more than $25 are the jawfish pair. I could put them in the 125...something to consider I guess.

You could either setup a 2x4 behind the tank to clamp the light onto or you could run the light from the side of the tank. $150 is still a huge chunk of the "budget" but I think it would be worth it in the long run.

$36.95 for an Aquaclear 70 might help.

You could either setup a 2x4 behind the tank to clamp the light onto

$36.95 for an Aquaclear 70 might help.

I was thinking the 2x4 thing. That would also help hide all that extra arm length. That helps a little, I could frag the zoas down to make up the rest, maybe get rid of the porcelain crab...

If you really want MH just go with the link I just posted. It would save you almost $40.

I have metal halide, a 70w Viper. That's why we keep talking about budget sacrifices.

The fishneedit lights are in high consideration to light the 125 though.

Budget:

Equipment:

AC70 - $36.95

Visi-Therm Stealth 50w Heater- Free!

70w Viper MH - $148.49

12" Incandescent strip Fuge light - $13.99

13-w GE 6500k spiral CFL - $3.22

Equipment Total: $202.65

Livestock:

Blue Chromis - $13.50

Yellowhead Jawfish - $18.75 (x2) $37.50

Gorgonias - $3 (x3) $9