ReefCleaners.org

fewskillz' ever-evolving nano tank

fewskillz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did the livestock arrive yet?

Tagging along

Tomorrow. Ships out today, I already have the tracking number.

pics

Tonight, I've been sick so I haven't done anything with the tank. I'll get it up and running this evening for tomorrow's arrivals.

sealife inc?
Yep.
Hope u feel better :flower:
Thanks. I'm at work today at least, feeling a little better. Hopefully I'll last the whole day. This is one heck of a head cold...no fun at all.
Yep.

Thanks. I'm at work today at least, feeling a little better. Hopefully I'll last the whole day. This is one heck of a head cold...no fun at all.

Hope you'll be back to normal soon!

I planned to get my rock from SeaLife as well, and going kind of the same route than you...

macros and Caribbean...

Not copying here, I guess it was / is quite possible that more than one person came up with this...?

Kept searching for nice LR and SeaLife became first choice...

Anyway, if you are "fewskillz" than I am "noskillz" so there should be no problem contest-wise... :D

I'll have to get my rock after Thanksgiving, wanna be around when it cycles...

Best of Luck!

I'll keep checking your progress.

Deleted User 6

Needreefunds did a sealife inc. 5.5g tank - it was really cool looking. I use their rocks in my tank - they're one of the best purchases I've made (also caused some random issues too - but whatever).

Needreefunds did a sealife inc. 5.5g tank - it was really cool looking. I use their rocks in my tank - they're one of the best purchases I've made (also caused some random issues too - but whatever).

Their rock really looks like the way to go.

Random Issues?

Dying sponges and Monster Mantis eating trough the glass?

Actually, my little brother is "noskillz". He joined a local surfing forum back when he first started surfing with that as his username. I had only been surfing about 6 months longer than him, but joined that forum after he did. I had to be better than him, but didn't want to sound like I was bragging, so the modest "fewskillz" was chosen. We will forever be known as the Skillz brothers around the beach here.

I'm sure lots of people thought about doing the florida biotope thing, I'm not worried about it, this is all in good fun. I was going to setup this tank either way. I didn't get any rock from sealife inc, just my livestock. The last thing I need is more rock, I have at least 250 pounds between all of my tanks!

Deleted User 6
Their rock really looks like the way to go.

Random Issues?

Dying sponges and Monster Mantis eating trough the glass?

issues like out of control dictyota and some kind of random cottony algae. but that's getting under control now. also had 4 or 5 xanthid crabs. there's still one in the tank.

the good way outweighed the bad though.

issues like out of control dictyota and some kind of random cottony algae. but that's getting under control now. also had 4 or 5 xanthid crabs. there's still one in the tank.

the good way outweighed the bad though.

That's what I think right now, too. Never ordered rock over the internet before (this is only take 2 on SW)

and wasn't sure if I dare to introduce uncured LR to my tank...

On the other hand the stuff sold here at the LFS is more like Base Rock...

And the (good) critters that come with real Live Rock are supposed to be pretty much all my livestock...

So I'll give it a go.

Thanks for your input.

Actually, my little brother is "noskillz". He joined a local surfing forum back when he first started surfing with that as his username. I had only been surfing about 6 months longer than him, but joined that forum after he did. I had to be better than him, but didn't want to sound like I was bragging, so the modest "fewskillz" was chosen. We will forever be known as the Skillz brothers around the beach here.

I'm sure lots of people thought about doing the florida biotope thing, I'm not worried about it, this is all in good fun. I was going to setup this tank either way. I didn't get any rock from sealife inc, just my livestock. The last thing I need is more rock, I have at least 250 pounds between all of my tanks!

That makes me "Zeroskillz" then..jk

Yep. Fun is key.

Deleted User 6
Thanks for your input.

np - i'll check out your tank thread for more.

skillz, kick some ass bro.

Edit: KIE, your link is broken in your sig.

Deleted User 6

Yeah, I am. Unfortunately we aren't going to get as much time down there as I had hoped. I'll PM you and see if I can find some time to come say hey.

Sounds good. I'm literally only a minute out of the way if you're taking highway 133 between Wilmington and Southport. The main entrance to my neighborhood is on 133.

np - i'll check out your tank thread for more.

skillz, kick some ass bro.

Edit: KIE, your link is broken in your sig.

Thanks,

I kind of fixed it, can't get a Title / Text into the Topic Link..it keeps jumping to Value "0", once I add the Title...

I am no good with that kind of stuff. I use computers for other things, no idea of HTML & stuff.

Got the tank setup this morning. I don't love the aquascape, but it'll do for now. The livestock is supposed to arrive by 10:30 this morning. I don't know if I'll get any pictures while I'm unpacking everything, but I'll definitely take some pictures tonight!

Didn't order rock, just corals, fish, shrimp, and crabs. I have plenty of rock, in fact I'm probably going to sell some after this tank is done. I bet I have 250 pounds.

THEY'RE HERE! Now I've gotta hurry up and finish what I'm doing so I can get home and get these guys in water. I was planning on having at least another hour!

Archived