inTank Media Baskets

Nyaquatic.com

Rockfish

I sincerely doubt he'll sue, even if his wife is an attorney....seriously, 1. Truth in an absolute defense against libel or slander and 2. It would cost him way more in time and money....if he wanted it to go away, it would have been much cheaper for him and his reputation to refund the purchase price and shipping to resolve the issue.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sincerely doubt he'll sue, even if his wife is an attorney....seriously, 1. Truth in an absolute defense against libel or slander and 2. It would cost him way more in time and money....if he wanted it to go away, it would have been much cheaper for him and his reputation to refund the purchase price and shipping to resolve the issue.

+1

Even if he would change his emails he sent you it wouldn't matter.

Emails are stored on your email clients servers. All you need is to show the email in your inbox and that is all the proof you need.

You better get that money back. Who cares if its $45 or $1000. Aside from all of the unprofessional things he has done the simple fact remains that he has not provided you with the product that you purchased. This guy doesn't belong being in business. You should contact a BBB and file a complaint with his actions and responses.

already done

As much as it pains me to lend credibility to Rockfish's thread, I feel I have no choice but to clarify a few things:

In terms of the sequence of events:

1) He bought a clown fairy wrasse from me. when he got it, he emails me thanking me for such a beautiful specimen. Amazing. Out and swimming from the getgo. A number of hours later, he emails me again, saying the fish died, and threatening to bash me all over the internet. "If I know what's good for me, I'll refund his money". Now it certainly would have been easier just to pay him off, but I don't answer to threats. My policy is clear. If the fish arrives in good shape, then turns south in your tank, it's not covered. This was not a casual policy decision. A certain percentage of fish will die in a customer's tank. 9/10 times, there's no way to tell why. A business can cover these losses (ala Live Aquaria), and simply build these losses into their prices. I do not. I feel that forces people who take better care of their fish to subsidize people who don't. The vast majority of my customers are more than happy to take responsibility for their losses, in order to get prices that are typically 1/2 what other online stores charge.

2) ultimately, he begs me to help him out, and I agree to send him a replacement, no charge. All he needed to do was pay shipping ($17.50).

3) about 2 weeks later he, (or his father, it's never clear who I'm emailing), emails me telling me the second one died the next day. Would I refund the cost of the first one (which I already replaced).

After several back and forths, I ultimately agree to refund 1/2 the cost of the first one, which I explained was a gift. I had already done much more than required by my explicit policies, and the fact that he continued to threated me with these sorts of garbage posts, would not coerce me to do more.

Now I'm sure many people would have just paid him off.

Again, I don't deal well with threats, especially when coming from someone like Rockfish (again, it's unclear whether I'm dealing with the father or the son). I would happily post some of his emails, but they are all so laced with profanity and bile, it would be inappropriate.

Just to let you know whose post your jumping on, my final communication with the father was one of the most vial, disgusting, horrific conversations I ever had the misfortune to hear. The highlite being when he called me a F$$$ing K$$$(derogatory profanity towards Jews) Jew Ba$$$$$.

So, anyone wants to join this guy in a slamfest against me, just know the type of person you are dealing with.

Anyone wants to get top quality livestock at prices nobody can touch, you know where to find me.

(you can also check my feedback on Ebay, if you want some offsetting opinions

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tab=AllFeedback

then why did Manhattan Reefs let go of you? :huh:

why did N-R let go of you too? :huh: x2

Oh yeah and please copy+paste the emails to this thread NYAquatic. ;)

The heart of this matter, is you sold not one but TWO sick fish and were a complete @** bout it.

I don't care how many foul words he used. Your attempt to bully him with fear of a groundless lawsuit says all anyone needs to know about you sir.

THanks everyone for the friendly warning. i almost took the wrong path.. :) glad i didn't haha.

i need to take him off my email update fish list. haha

The heart of this matter, is you sold not one but TWO sick fish and were a complete @** bout it.

I don't care how many foul words he used. Your attempt to bully him with fear of a groundless lawsuit says all anyone needs to know about you sir.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Customers are always right Mr. Stern. No matter what.

i too learned this in my summer days at the LFS ;)

Hey genius, your most recent feedback may be green, but it says

"Some fish died DOA"

so thanks for further evidence of Rockfish's case.

Hey genius, your most recent feedback may be green, but it says

"Some fish died DOA"

so thanks for further evidence of Rockfish's case.

LOL i was about to say that!

APOCALYPTIC FAIL. :lol:

lulz

Just to let you know whose post your jumping on, my final communication with the father was one of the most vial, disgusting, horrific conversations I ever had the misfortune to hear. The highlite being when he called me a F$$$ing K$$$(derogatory profanity towards Jews) Jew Ba$$$$$.

So why did you choose to threaten him about his rather tame post on here instead.

Bullsh­i­t.

then why did Manhattan Reefs let go of you? :huh:

why did N-R let go of you too? :huh: x2

Oh yeah and please copy+paste the emails to this thread NYAquatic. ;)

As best I can tell, MR let me go because one of the other vendors, who's buddies with the owner, got tired of members compaining their prices are 2-3x what mine are.

I stopped being a sponsor here because it was too expensive.

Here's one of Mr. Charmings emails:

the posting has been deleted....now go *** urself ***hole......i'm going to write another thread about you on another site and use to emails and see what everyone else thinks about your action......but don't worry....this one will be 100% truthful with every email intact and unedited.......i'm curious to see if ppl take ur side ***hole

Yes, the customers are almost always right, except when they are seriously wrong.

this guy is bad news. End of story.

And yes, the person on Ebay bought 10 chromis, a couple were DOA, and it was dealt with.

Happy customer.

lulz

So why did you choose to threaten him about his rather tame post on here instead.

Bullsh­i­t.

I cant believe that the filters didnt get that... :lol:

@NY.

Rockfish is very trusted on this forum.

anyways what about your threat of Suing?

where did that come from?

why would you even do that?

theres no grounds for that here

why didnt you respond to Orphicdragons statement?

No sir, a happy customer is one who gets live healthy fish the FIRST time.

Lets say I buy all the horrid things you have said, how in the hell does that affect anything? I have a tendency to call a spade a spade, or a butthole a butthole, you still jacked his money and effed around for a month before bald face lying about a slander lawsuit.

Lets take rockfish out of the equation all together, how is YOUR behavior acceptable?

Convenient how it's everyone's fault but your own.

No sir, a happy customer is one who gets live healthy fish the FIRST time.

Lets say I buy all the horrid things you have said, how in the hell does that affect anything? I have a tendency to call a spade a spade, or a butthole a butthole, you still jacked his money and effed around for a month before bald face lying about a slander lawsuit.

Lets take rockfish out of the equation all together, how is YOUR behavior acceptable?

Convenient how it's everyone's fault but your own.

yeahp. i agree totally.

so your saying you didn't have anything to do with the transaction?

YOU didn't sell him the unhealthy fish?

YOU didn't immediately give him his money back

YOU didn't send him another fish when he didn't want you to?

i wonder where he disappeared to.. :huh:

:lol:

yeahp. i agree totally.

so your saying you didn't have anything to do with the transaction?

YOU didn't sell him the unhealthy fish?

YOU didn't immediately give him his money back

YOU didn't send him another fish when he didn't want you to?

i wonder where he disappeared to.. :huh:

Of course I did.

I sold the fish.

Healthy, well acclimated fish.

NO clue what he did to them.

And again, my policy is clear.

You want to pay $70 for a $35 fish so you can have a guarantee, that's fine.

Most people I know are happy to keep the extra cash for themselves.

And yes, he wanted the replacement for free, which was sent right away.

He contacted me weeks later that the second one died.

Ha, after going back and forth for a month my email would have been a hell of a lot worse than that! (and I would have filed a chargeback immediately)

You probably are a big chocolate starfish like he said anyways...

Ebay : I GUARANTEE THAT I WILL NOT SELL ANY FISH THAT IS NOT FULLY QUARANTEENED, HEALTHY, AND EATING IN MY TANKS. PERIOD!

5/2009

As you can see, Mike was receptive and very responsive to my questions. They have no QT procedure, basically doing what they have to to get the fish in shape for a quick turnover (revive and resell) to the consumer. This, of course, puts the burden of survivability risk on the consumer

Source:

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?show...rt=#entry252862

pampee, i have heard horrible things about them. I was really tempted to order from them and read about 30 different people say the same thing about them on Reef Central. I actually called and talked to the guy and got a bad vibe from him about what he was telling me so i backed out. I think they have great prices but if the fish come out horrible and die, i could not justify the price. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it is worth.

http://dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58397

I think my clowfish may have died from brooklynella, from an Anthias that was bought on-line =(. Does anyone have experience in treating Brooklynella? We bought the Anthias and a clown fairy wrasse from nyaquatics.com.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/genera...lease-help.html

All your "positive" reviews seem to be from 2007 that's sad.

Sir, you are not only a cheat, but a liar. You should be ashamed. I wonder now how many people you and your "lawyer" wife have bullied into being silent about your deplorable livestock.

Edit: Forgot to mention that these quote's are edited to some degree, wording is NOT changed but entirety of post isn't there. Source link follows every quote :)

Of course I did.

I sold the fish.

Healthy, well acclimated fish.

NO clue what he did to them.

And again, my policy is clear.

You want to pay $70 for a $35 fish so you can have a guarantee, that's fine.

Most people I know are happy to keep the extra cash for themselves.

And yes, he wanted the replacement for free, which was sent right away.

He contacted me weeks later that the second one died.

People on Manhattan Reefs say your acclimation process is very bad.

He had good water. 6 clams says something to me.

2hr policy is not what i would expect from a reputable salesmen (LiveAquaria offers 14 day guarantees on everything)

you made him pay extra for a 2 hour guarantee? thats totally unsound.

If a fish dies YOU should be the one to offer a free fish. he should not have had to ask in the first place.

Ebay : I GUARANTEE THAT I WILL NOT SELL ANY FISH THAT IS NOT FULLY QUARANTEENED, HEALTHY, AND EATING IN MY TANKS. PERIOD!

5/2009

As you can see, Mike was receptive and very responsive to my questions. They have no QT procedure, basically doing what they have to to get the fish in shape for a quick turnover (revive and resell) to the consumer. This, of course, puts the burden of survivability risk on the consumer

Source:

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?show...rt=#entry252862

pampee, i have heard horrible things about them. I was really tempted to order from them and read about 30 different people say the same thing about them on Reef Central. I actually called and talked to the guy and got a bad vibe from him about what he was telling me so i backed out. I think they have great prices but if the fish come out horrible and die, i could not justify the price. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it is worth.

http://dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58397

I think my clowfish may have died from brooklynella, from an Anthias that was bought on-line =(. Does anyone have experience in treating Brooklynella? We bought the Anthias and a clown fairy wrasse from nyaquatics.com.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/genera...lease-help.html

All your "positive" reviews seem to be from 2007 that's sad.

Sir, you are not only a cheat, but a liar. You should be ashamed.

LOL another APOCALYPTIC FAIL from Mr. Stern

Archived