Cultivated Reef

40 Beeder Reef Plan

Anthonyjiz

Yea That's 45lbs, why do you question? Another friend questioned that too.. I saw them weigh each piece twice.. they're just really large chunks.. Some porous, a few not..

You guys think I should add the LS after the cycle or in about 2-3 weeks?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea That's 45lbs, why do you question? Another friend questioned that too.. I saw them weigh each piece twice.. they're just really large chunks.. Some porous, a few not..

You guys think I should add the LS after the cycle or in about 2-3 weeks?

Just makes my 40lbs or so look like alot in my breeder.I would have stayed away from the real solid chunks.

Rock is already cured and ready to go, it's just cycling now, but that rock is able to go straight into any display tank. What do you guys think about the sand? How should I do it?

Guys I need your help =(

I think you scared them off by your common sense ?s There is alot of good info out there if look.Dont think you need to ask a ? for every little thing. :huh:

I know what you mean but I'm just scared and would rather do stuff right the first time, know what I mean? Sorry =/ Your tank jus looks AMAZING and I would love to make something just like it thats why I try to ask so many questions

Okay so here's a big question.. I'm stuck on getting a AC110 and a koralia 1 or 2, or just getting a AC110 alone because it will give about 150-500gph depending on how much i put it on (and how much im aloud to have it on depending on the cheato)

Do you guys recommend this CUC -

* Scarlet Hermit Crab:10

Blueleg Hermit Crab:10

Brittle Starfish:2

Coral Banded Shrimp:1

Emerald Crab:3

Turbo/Astrea Snail:20

Cleaner Clam :2

Nassarius Snail - Group of 10:1

They want $120 for that online..

Or should I get this for $100 from my LFS

* 2 emerald crabs

30 blue n yellow tip crabs

30 snails

I'm looking on eBay and i see some CRAZY deals even WITH shipping on hermits alone or snails and such.. What do you guys find best for me??

Hey guys, Just installed my ceiling hanger for the 175w 20k MH! Here's some pics!

First is with flash (even though the MH is on)

Second is without flash with the MH on!

Enjoy!

Here's the second.. Couldn't upload both =(

post-48038-1258759792_thumb.jpg

post-48038-1258759861_thumb.jpg

Do you guys recommend this CUC -

* Scarlet Hermit Crab:10

Blueleg Hermit Crab:10

Brittle Starfish:2

Coral Banded Shrimp:1

Emerald Crab:3

Turbo/Astrea Snail:20

Cleaner Clam :2

Nassarius Snail - Group of 10:1

They want $120 for that online..

Or should I get this for $100 from my LFS

* 2 emerald crabs

30 blue n yellow tip crabs

30 snails

I'm looking on eBay and i see some CRAZY deals even WITH shipping on hermits alone or snails and such.. What do you guys find best for me??

look at reefcleaners......Dont get a cbs as they are the devil.I would also look into a hermit free cuc.I only have snails and a few emerald crabs in mine and works sweet.I would also get a koralia 2 to go with the ac110

I'm entered in a group buy from reef2reptiles

and I'm getting

Nassarius Vibex 6

Blue Leg Hermit Crab - Micro 6

Strombus Conch 2

Sea Cucumber 1

Peppermint Shrimp - Medium 2

Cerith Snail - Large 6

Turbo Snail 10

the one thing not get is a sea cucu, or I'm change

the herms, I'll see, but I'm also getting a small ricordea colony :D all for about $30!

Guys my order is placed and it will be delivered to me the week I'm back from Italy probably! I'm so excited I can't wait!

For a skimmer I think I'm just going to end up using my little 30gal one, I'll see how it does, if anything I'll buy a second one, which would be a 60gal skimming process, if you get what I'm saying? (2 30gal skimmers = 60 right? Or it won't work?)

I checked my Ammonia and Nitrite a few hours ago guys... This is my 7th day of cycle and 3rd with sand.. Here's what I got for both..

Ammonia I THINK is .25

Nitrite I THINK is .05

I got Red Sea master test kit, I hate it though because the way u test is SO frigen hard (You have to do everything within like 10 seconds, shaking, this and that, so I wasn't so happy with it) Do you guys think that's normal or bad?

Another question I have is live rock.. What if i wanna add more live rock RIGHT after the cycle like before even adding the CUC... My LFS has LR for $8/lb (Which is where I got this rock) and it's suppose to be "Display" rock, meaning it can go straight from their tank to mine because it's "already cycled".. Do you guys think I should add some more LR after the cycle? I'm scared to say that I feel that there's ALOT of room up top and the rock is all pounded into two small islands..

Guess what I ordered last night guyssss =D

Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel - up to 65 Gallon (Blk friday sale off marinedepot and go it for only $85)

and a 32gal bag of Tropic Marin PRO REEF

:D I can't wait for it to get here, the only thing I'm scared of is if it will fit on the back because the tank is only like 17" high and the skimmer is 20".. Hopefully it'll sit good because if not I might have to return it and I'll be out of luck!

Guys, just reaquascaped, check it out! (Sorry for the sideways pic!)

I think you may be moving a little too fast. You should not have ordered your clean up crew, because your cycle is not over. Slow down and wait a month or so for things to settle down before adding any corals.

Love the MH.

No no no buddy, i ordered the CUC but i won't get it delivered till i get back from italy, the 14th, which by them it should be cycled.. See what im sayin?

Archived