Top Shelf Aquatics

My 3 Tanks Combo Thread

bbales

:( That's the problem with anemones.

Btw that gorg in the RSM is AWESOME!!

Thanks! it has grown soooo much started out as a single stalk about 4 inches tall max!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've had a busy summer traveling lots and interning at the Florida Aquarium! So Aptasia are pratically over running my 125g, aptasia x seems to work at first but then a few days later tons of babies appear in its place =/ so I have moved on to biological control, trying peppermints and a copper banded butterfly. So upon adding the butterfly my purple tang decides to totally harass him to the point that I had to remove him from the 125 and put him into the 30g breeder temporarily. Then.... my vlamingi tang starts harassing him =( so i decided to put the butterfly into a breeder net for the time being until his fins heal at which point I will transfer him into the 125g again but keep him in the breeder for a day or so to see if the tangs will get over him as it were so fingers crossed, he is sooo cute and i was really looking forward to having him in the 125. Also, most of my SPS in the 125 died off after my temp reached almost 86 degrees! =( so until i can figure out what to do with the heat issue in Florida summers I am not buying anymore SPS. As for the 30g future plans we are going to make it a macro algae and flower nem tank with cool symbiotic shrimps and crabs, some feather dusters and coco worms and possibly a small school of some tiny cardinals. We might be buying 6 awesome flower nems tonite =) The vlamingi tang and wrasse that are currently in there will be going into the 125g eventually after the fish eating haddoni carpet nem comes out =/. As for the 34g, there has also been some issues, for unknown causes there was a huge tank crash where I lost almost all zoas, the hammer, the gorgonian,the birdsnest, clove polyps, gsp mushrooms, and pipe organ, I tested for everything and found nothing. My female harlequin broke up with her hubby and starved him to death by not letting him eat, 2 weeks later she died as well =( So as you can see not all has been great in my beloved tanks, but there has been some great growth that I cannot ignore so here are some updated pics, hope you enjoy!

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

p.s. animal master sorry the RSM isnt pertyyyy anymore =(

animalmaster6

WOW!!!!

Lots and lots of changes!

The tanks all look really good though :) I can't wait to see them grow out and mature when you finalize them.

lol That's okay. just one thing. Please tell me you're keeping your zoa collection?

WOW!!!!

Lots and lots of changes!

The tanks all look really good though :) I can't wait to see them grow out and mature when you finalize them.

lol That's okay. just one thing. Please tell me you're keeping your zoa collection?

Thanks!

Sadly the Zoas have been pretty devastated by the aptasia and a tricky crab that seems to enjoy picking them apart i managed to frag most of my colonies so i still have them just in smaller numbers. By the ways just purchased 6 really colorful Flower Nems ill add the pics for you in a sec. :)

these are not my pictures, but they are soon to be my little bebies!!!!!

Picture1.png

DSC06029-1.jpg

DSC06025.jpg

DSC06019-1.jpg

DSC06015-1.jpg

Sweet! I love colorful nems :happy:

Are you adding more zoas?

im always on the lookout for cool zoas, i don't want to add any in the 125 until all of the aptasia is gone but yea in the 30 im sure a few zoas will make their way into the scheme of things

• 2 months later...

So lately the tanks havnt been running at tip top shape, for numerous reasons I am currently fixing (including temperature, flow, water params, etc). I just hooked up a phosphate reactor on the 125g so hopefully I will see some good results. The fish are all great! The clowns in the 34g RSM lay eggs constantly, and I have even had my barnacle blennies lay eggs in there! They might be my favorite fish, sooo freaking cute and funny to watch. The copperbanded butterfly is eating frozen vigorously so I am working on getting him to be a little more robust. The black clown is finally hosting the red bubble tip after all this time instead of the scroll=p The aptasia levels are now very low and maintainable with aptasia x. I am not sure how much the peppermints and the copperbanded helped but I like them anyways. The Vlamingi tang is getting way to big for the 30 breeder but I keep holding out putting him into the 125 until i get rid of the hadoni carpet. I would also like to put the wrasse in there since I have a bunch of flatworms (not the bad kind) that are just a bit unsightly and tend to irritate softies at high densities. I look forward to hearing some of your input and questions, and hopefully in the near future I will be rebuilding my SPS collection =) THanks guys!<3

30g Breeder

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

34g RSM

Clowns eggs are like clockwork now=)

IMG_2959.jpg

Coralline

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

Barnacle Blenny

IMG_2984.jpg

34g RSM FTS

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

125g

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

animalmaster6

I think this might be one of my favorite threads on N-R. I love seeing updates!

The 30 Breeder looks great! Wow your Vlamingii grew a lot. I love your Melanurus Wrasse as well.

Your RSM is looking great as well! I love your Barnacle Blennies. I can't wait to get a trio for my 125g.

The 125g is looking better than ever!

Post updates more often! :P

I think this might be one of my favorite threads on N-R. I love seeing updates!

The 30 Breeder looks great! Wow your Vlamingii grew a lot. I love your Melanurus Wrasse as well.

Your RSM is looking great as well! I love your Barnacle Blennies. I can't wait to get a trio for my 125g.

The 125g is looking better than ever!

Post updates more often! :P

Aww thanks so much Animal you always have nice things to say I wish my 125g was looking better unfortunately I lost most of my SPS for various reasons. Ive been really busy with school so this has to take the back seat, and any time i do have i have to keep up on the tank maintenance. Your tank is lookin real nice too!

What do you mean haha? I don't even have water yet! :lol:

trueeeee haha I dont know whose tank I thought was urs then lol =x

dude, your 125g is pimp!

Aw thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great thread, I just skimmed over it all. Very nice tanks, I like your 125 especially. Could you tell me though, is there a common name for that awesome Montipora Cap. that you can see in the middle of your signature picture? It looks like it's purple with a yellow trim, very nice!

• 4 weeks later...
This is a great thread, I just skimmed over it all. Very nice tanks, I like your 125 especially. Could you tell me though, is there a common name for that awesome Montipora Cap. that you can see in the middle of your signature picture? It looks like it's purple with a yellow trim, very nice!

That is actually not a montipora, it is a turbinaria, or common name scroll coral =) its just huge lol. and it is more of and orange with yellow polyps in real life, but thankyou!

Random picture, but i made that tyree toadstool frag and the two pieces grew together pretty cool

IMG_3222.jpg

Barnacle Blenny

IMG_3221.jpg

Vlad the Vlamingi

IMG_3219.jpg

Chalice Garden----dont mind my dirty glass!

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

Archived