Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 3 Tanks Combo Thread

bbales

I agree...excellent photography skills!

Thanks! I have the cannon rebel t1i with the 50mm lens but haha I was just cursing my skills because the lens I have doesn't allow for any close-ups, it does however take really nice fts pics. guess i just have to save up! (as if thats even possible with an aquarium! let alone 3) I was just admiring your volcano tank, it is by far the most creative unique stunning tanks i have seen congrats on a job well done!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice 3 tanks!!! Sweet! I wish I had an extra tank to grow different corals.

Thanks! I love your tank =)!

where did you get the scoly from thats in the 34 gal.?

some guy off of craigslist for like 20 or 30 dollars i think!

Very nice. That Turbinaria is gorgeous.

=) thanks !

nice tanks

Gracias!

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of new stuff in the 125g =) various SPS and chalices and of course zoas!

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

in the 30g breeder

IMG_2001.jpg

The tank is looking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Pics of the RSM yet? :)

hahahaha thanks! and I havnt added anything so I keep forgetting to take pics, annnnd its def due for a good scrubbing but i promise! =) next time! (and I would right now but i just put purple up in so its all cloudy =/)

Wow I love your Disa.... Sailfin Tang. I think they are my new favourite fish, there look soo cool.

Thanks=)! yea he (hah could be a girl too i suppose=p) was the first fish in the 125g, he has such a great personality and I would be devastated if I were to loose him.

Nice. Will you flesh out the filtration and equipment behind this 125? Also, what is your dosing and feeding schedule like? Loving this tank.

Nice. Will you flesh out the filtration and equipment behind this 125? Also, what is your dosing and feeding schedule like? Loving this tank.

Thanks! Sure thang its nothing sophisticated at all!

Filtration- no clue what the pump is called or what its rated at, or the name of my skimmer =/ My sump has 1 sock then flows into the skimmer, then to the middle chamber with miracle mud and live rock (big mistake- we bought this tank used after a FOWLR tank chock full of nitrates and phosphates and kept the rock sand and miracle mud, the nitrates are under control however phosphates not so much =/ im sure the growth would be much better). Also in this middle chamber, chaeto, red grape algae, and some other red algae, and some mangroves, then a sponge filter then a very old UV sterilizer (that probably does no good since we have never changed the bulb =x) then back to the tank. There are 2 over flows, 2 returns, 2 pumps for circulation, and thats about it I think sorry i dont know more about the system, but like I said it was used so I didnt pick out the gear.

Water changes- we do a 20-25 gallon water change every week using instant ocean, change the sock, and empty the protein skimmer. we are going to try out reef crystals next salt purchase

Lighting- nova extreme pro t5 with upgraded bulbs: ati blue plus, ati aquablue special, and kz fiji purple

Dosing- I have not been very good at establishing a perfect routine, but dose 60mL of each bionic 2-part approx every other day (I always test prior to dosing since I am scared to mess up). I am hoping that switching to reef crystals will cut down on some of my dosing. I also use purple up every once in a while as well as a drop or two of lugols.

Feeding- My anthias need to eat frequently so I feed almost every day, the tangs get algae, and everyone eats flake and rods original and mysis and another mixture cube of some sort. i used to feed silversides to my nems but they are getting too big so the only time I feed them is to entertain guests =p

I will take a pic of the sump area when I get a chance, as well as look for the names of the equiptment I have =) thanks for the interest!

It is definitely not a perfect system, we have trouble keeping some things while others do phenomenal, and we are considering changing the bulb combo slightly in order to attempt to color up some corals that have browned out or lost blue-green pigments.

How do you keep your anemones from stinging other corals?

HAHA we do our best to create walls or blockades between them and the corals, they have gotten soo big! Id get rid of them prlly if I could get them out, but forget that they are in there for the long run =/ and getting bigger and bigger everytime I look at them! O well they are pretty too =p

I would love to have one but I am having small gobies :/

yea not to mention the carpet has eaten 2 wrasses and the bubble tip in the 34g RSM ate my starry blenny =(

Archived