Pod Your Reef

My 3 Tanks Combo Thread

bbales

So I went to a Tampa Bay Reef Club Coral Auction and BBQ this past saturday, got to meet some fellow hobbyists and see Brian Greenes coral grow house of approx 4000 gallons in a garage! It was quite amazing he has a rediculous amount of corals, and has it growing under very minimal lighting (he even uses shop lights on some!), no protein skimmers, deep sandbeds, and I think the only thing he doses is kalk water. one of those don't try this at home methods that would epically fail for anyone else, but the systems are about 10 years old so they are well beyond established. Got some great new corals that I will post pics of soon!

-garf bonsai

-tri color validia

-green montipora digita

-different kind of xenia

-awesome candy apple pink palys

-bam bam orange zoas

-and a pink birds nest grown on a string! (this way it grows in 360 degrees and gets max flow to all parts)

also did a bunch of fragging of various corals, letting those grow out before selling, thinking I need to learn how to ship, and possibly offer a free frag of something to test my packing abilities and to get some good reviews... hmmm anyone wanna try this? theyd just have to pay for shipping from 33703 (St.Pete FL) lets hear some input, anyways thanks for checkin out the thread check back in a day or two pics of the new stuff should be posted!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so my ROSE and GREEN bubble tips nems must be on the same cycles, both split within a day of eachother about a month ago, and now again, this time literally the same day. prlly my feeding schedule since its the same in all 4 tanks, but crazy!

• 3 weeks later...

Not that anyone watches this thread, but... heres an update.

-This should be the last pic post with my old camera, my bf is getting me a dslr for xmas =)! cant wait to take pro shots of the aquarium!

-Got new bulbs for the 125! its very blue now, just waiting on the fiji purples

-New corals shown below

125g FTS (with a stock actinic temporarily in place until the fiji purples come on monday)

IMGP3593.jpg

pink palys are growing like crazy since we moved them up, and the new mohawks are coloringup very nicely.

IMGP3573.jpg

new armor of gods =)

IMGP3582.jpg

New Valentines Day Massacres <3

IMGP3583.jpg

Bam Bams growing very fast, they glow sooo much in the new lights

IMGP3587.jpg

Not sure if these have a name, but weve had em' for a while, grow like crazy!

IMGP3576.jpg

good ol' gsp

IMGP3579.jpg

anthias<33

IMGP3581.jpg

sunset monti that got stung by the nem but is recovering well

IMGP3580.jpg

this HUGE digitata was only $25!

IMGP3591.jpg

THE RSM is soo low maintenance and happy i love it!

IMGP3598.jpg

that green birdsnest started out as a single branch!

IMGP3600.jpg

favia

IMGP3603.jpg

rics

IMGP3605.jpg

this was taken in the mornin before the nem had opened (its split 2x in about a month!)

IMGP3606.jpg

cutie =)

IMGP3609.jpg

left to right side view

IMGP3612.jpg

Thanks for looking! let me know what you think!

And as soon as i get my new camera you can be assured that there will be a redic # of pics =)

hha i just noticed in the last pic, my sexy shrimp, can you find him!?

What a gorgeous tank, how did I miss this before??!!

What bulb combo are you using?

THANKYOU! so nice to actually have a reply to my posts haha,

The combo on each side (12 bulbs total) is:

1 KZ fiji purple (not in yet)

3 ati blue+

2 ati aquablue specials

That's alotta bulbs!

Make sure you don't give the corals sunburn!

Everything looks super healthy though, very impressive.

thanks! and yea its a fairly deep 125, and the nova extreme pros reflectors are not perfect, but we will def be keeping an eye on the corals during the adjustment period.

eagle eyes

IMGP3620.jpg

duncan

IMGP3621.jpg

green milli

IMGP3623.jpg

rose milli

IMGP3626.jpg

gold milli (looks kinda green in this pic) and ORA bird of paradise

IMGP3627.jpg

i also have a blue milli but the pic didnt really turn out

fire and ice zoas, with some other green and orange

IMGP3619.jpg

IMGP3618.jpg

okay this is a creme with blue tip tabling acro, no clue what name or species, but its really nice in person, for this pic I was trying to get the details but epic fail, will have to wait for dslr<3

IMGP3615.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Check out some of my new corals and fish!

In the 30 breeder we now have:

-female divided wrasse

-tiny vlamingi tang (dont freak out we have the 125g to move him into when hes too big, and when hes too big for that we will buy the next size up =))

And since our starry blenny decided to perch on the nem =( we replaced him with:

-tail spot blenny

125g

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

RSM

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

30g breeder

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!

By the way all these pics are with my new cannon rebel t1i, I am still learning some of the settings tho, I am using a 50 mm lens but I am finding it hard to get up close so down the line ill prlly get a macro lens, but thats far down the line because they are madd $$$, anyways let me know what you think of the new pics.=)

I subscribed to this thread recently. I love these tanks. What bulb combo were you running in the video of the 125g? How do you like the new bulb combo compared to what you were running? My mother lives outside Tampa. I guess I need to pay her, and these LFSs, a visit.

Such awesome tanks - I'm really taken by that giant scroll coral in the middle of your 125g. What a showstopper! Keep those pics coming!

Thanks! yea its def the staple item in that tank, i guess thats why my clown hosts that and not our giant rose nem =/ can u believe it was only 50 dollars! a frag goes for that much! deal of the centry

I subscribed to this thread recently. I love these tanks. What bulb combo were you running in the video of the 125g? How do you like the new bulb combo compared to what you were running? My mother lives outside Tampa. I guess I need to pay her, and these LFSs, a visit.

sweet! thankyou! That vid was take before i upgraded the bulbs, which were the stock nova extreme pro bulbs,

The new bulb combo on each side (12 bulbs total) is:

1 KZ fiji purple (not in yet)

3 ati blue+

2 ati aquablue specials

I <3 the new bulbs and so do my corals, things were browning out under the stock bulbs, and now things are coloring up =) if you go to tampa the lfs there are as follows

coral corral

fish and other ichty things

marine warehouse

st.pete marine

rockin reef

the first 3 are within about 5 miles of one another around oldsmar area, and the last 2 are within 10 of eachother in st.pete. coral corral is my new found treasure, best around for sps.

Thankyou for the interest!

• 5 weeks later...

back to my babies and taking pics of the growth =)

heres just a few shots of some of my zoas

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

and a video is currently being uploaded! check back in a bit

thanks for following! :D

animalmaster6

Definetly one of my favorite threads!

Phenominal job on all 4 tanks! So amazing!!!

Can I get a close up of the Desardjini? I am getting one for my 125G

Definetly one of my favorite threads!

Phenominal job on all 4 tanks! So amazing!!!

Can I get a close up of the Desardjini? I am getting one for my 125G

Thanks! I actually just took down the 12g =/ the acrylic was too scratched from urchins! but heres a shot i just took of marvin =) he wouldnt flare up to show his beautiful fins, but he was the first fish in my 125g, and has a special place in my heart

IMG_1087.jpg

animalmaster6

Thanks!

I read that urchins completely take out acrylic.

O man, I can't wait to get mine!!! Check out my 125G tank thread. In my sig. I'm about to post my new fish list

Archived