Pod Your Reef

PaulEs 12gallon AP Dosing question!

PaulE915

so uhmmm a little off topic, but who saw J-Lo bust her a$$ last night?? hahah and how disappointing for Eminem... i was a bit upset that he didnt win artist of the year. :rant: .. And I must say I disagree with Micheal Jackson having even been nominated for any awards..we all know he wouldnt have even made the guest list if he were still alive.. :rant:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive noticed more purple coloring and green on the rocks, i take it as coraline...any way for me to speed it up? I want my rocks to be covered in the stuff

Just let it come naturally.

i tell ya, waiting is not my strong point..I am learning alot from this new hobby..everyone who knows me personally doesnt know me for my patience... glad I have nano-reef here...

So, after the sharp decline in temperature overnight here in El Paso, I have decided to relocate my tank to the otherside of the bedroom...awway from the window...I tried to block the window with fleece blanket, yet the tank dropped to 75.5 over night... even with the heater...el paso weather is highly unpredictable...during the day we can be in mid to upper 70's and than drop to the 30's overnight...

So, after the sharp decline in temperature overnight here in El Paso, I have decided to relocate my tank to the otherside of the bedroom...awway from the window...I tried to block the window with fleece blanket, yet the tank dropped to 75.5 over night... even with the heater...el paso weather is highly unpredictable...during the day we can be in mid to upper 70's and than drop to the 30's overnight...

You gotta love the desert :)

You gotta love the desert :)

Dude youre somewhat of a local sweet...lol...Yea good ole southwest weather!

SOOOOO i moved the tank across the room...and now its nowheres near the window...i may have to dial the heater back now... :rant:

You have any new FTS (full/front tank shot)? Like the rockwork PaulE!

I do!!! however i cant upload them til i get home from work..thank you..i went with the pile of rocks approach :huh:

I do!!! however i cant upload them til i get home from work..thank you..i went with the pile of rocks approach :huh:

Don't be so modest! You have a few cool arches, that was no accident.

Better than my "boulder" approach anyway..

Aug 2007:

tank-1.jpg

well, thank you..and in the words of the late great donkey from shrek, 'Thats a nice boulder' your boulder approach seems real simple with lots of space for expansion!

does your sand have black in it? dude i wanted the black tahitian moon sand stuff but couldnt find it locally, and i hate ordering online.. the waiting just kills me..but in the end, this is about patience right..lol

well, thank you..and in the words of the late great donkey from shrek, 'Thats a nice boulder' your boulder approach seems real simple with lots of space for expansion!

does your sand have black in it? dude i wanted the black tahitian moon sand stuff but couldnt find it locally, and i hate ordering online.. the waiting just kills me..but in the end, this is about patience right..lol

Yeah, this is the packaging for the live sand:

LS.jpg

The guy I bought everything from was super cool. A coworker and got me everything I needed for around $700.00 (chiller, tank, hqi canpopy, lr, ls, everything). But his choice of live rock was terrible. C'mon, 2 hulking boulders?

I made the best of it, added a few more rocks. Here's a picture from March 2008. Pile of rock approach:

tank121907.jpg

Lookin good, You got indo pacific Live Sand! I used Fiji Pink caribsea brand as well..thanks for the info..I am gonna put together a rimless 10 AGA in the near future as a DIY project build..this aquapod is too easy and generic i kinda want my own design..not saying i don t enjoy the AP, just want something more custom...only problem is finding time.. how many gallons is your tank? nice fish too...and the zoas/palys look sweet...thats what i want in my tank..multiple paly/zoa colonies in multiple colors...and a pair of black clowns.

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood???

:naughtydance:

Sorry folks...im in the office, and bored outta my mind!

:lockdown:

Noticed you like watching your hermits. Wait til you get a larger one.. I have a big zebra hermit that I felt like target feeding the other day. Guy has a ton of personality.. charged at the pipette, snatched the fish flakes out of them and shoved it in his face. When it was all gone, he decided the pipette was a good source of food, one that he wanted to keep around so he grabbed it and tried to pull it into his shell.

Mofo wouldn't let go! I had to pull the pipette out of the water before he went tumbling down. Love that crab. Shame he stomps all over my polyps.

Mofo wouldn't let go! I had to pull the pipette out of the water before he went tumbling down. Love that crab. Shame he stomps all over my polyps.

I hope mine will just get bigger..I dont want to run into problems in the future when i stock palys and zoas...this whole reef thing is alot of fun... but yeah these guys are pretty active...ive had to break up a fight between a red(blood) and a blue(crip) hahah they were both trying to run the reef..until i got my baster an showed em whos king

new pics....tank has cleared up, CUC is working overtime, and ordering some zoas tonight....

post-47845-1259378697_thumb.jpg

post-47845-1259378848_thumb.jpg

side shot

post-47845-1259378921_thumb.jpg

post-47845-1259379058_thumb.jpg

post-47845-1259379111_thumb.jpg

post-47845-1259379148_thumb.jpg

post-47845-1259379191_thumb.jpg

post-47845-1259379264_thumb.jpg

okay so i had to throw these in...scored front row floor seats for Trans Siberian Orchestra...gonna take the GF....

post-47845-1259379237_thumb.jpg

alright fellow reefers, the pics are upppppp

Okay so yesterday I bought an eagle eye frag, stardust PE frag,(from a fellow nano-reefer RACECHASE) and the dude said he would throw in a few freebies for me...Im excited! anxious for him to ship them out to me...

Okay so yesterday I bought an eagle eye frag, stardust PE frag,(from a fellow nano-reefer RACECHASE) and the dude said he would throw in a few freebies for me...Im excited! anxious for him to ship them out to me...

gonna need pictures when they arrive!

hellls yeah, the dude said he'll ship them out monday, so ill have em wednesday...

Nice, just got some new frags myself - I'll have to take some shots once I get everything in place.

throwin down a 3 gallon WC, i figured out a way to speed up the heating process...look

post-47845-1259531952_thumb.jpg

i just pulled one of the space heaters out, and threw it next to the bucket... :lockdown:

Nice, I should give that a try on my next WC.

quick warning, with my monster plasma tv, my tank pump and heater and lights, and the space heater and seperate heater for the water and the pump, as well as my laptop and ceilin fan and the lights on, and my flameless candle all pulling juice at once, I managed to trip the circuit breaker 3 or 4 times.... :eek: and the room got quite toasty but the time it took to heat the water from 70 to 79.5 was like 30 minutes... sooo well worth all the hassles...IMO

soooo gueessss whgat.... i woke up this morning, and my water was....WET!!! hahah just worried if its wet enough...

Archived