inTank Media Baskets

PaulEs 12gallon AP Dosing question!

PaulE915

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tank looks great! I like the aquascape design. :D

Thank You! I tend to be really indecisive and highly impulsive...I may change it up again before I start to stock it.. appreciate the comment though

:D

Thank You! I tend to be really indecisive and highly impulsive...I may change it up again before I start to stock it.. appreciate the comment though

:D

..happens to the best of us :)

You mean to tell me im not the only person who goes to the LFS intending on one item and leaving with like 3 or 4?

those LFS places are some sneaky devils!! :eek:

3 of my 4 hermits... The one in the middle is sooooo tiny!! he's smaller than a thumb tack!

They do some serious work.. and in an attempt to keep them civil, I have 4 or 5 vacant shells on the sandbed...lets hope they notice!

post-47845-1258737144_thumb.jpg

SOOOOOO...Cheers to friday...I hate being at work now..All I want to do is go stare at my tank... Im now contemplating a 10g AGA built for my office......I know im new to this, but the aquapod just seems to be too easy..I would stick the 10g on my desk at work... and just have colorful stuff...yes schtuff... we'll see...I may buy impulsively this weekend :scarry:

SOOOOOO...Cheers to friday...I hate being at work now..All I want to do is go stare at my tank... Im now contemplating a 10g AGA built for my office......I know im new to this, but the aquapod just seems to be too easy..I would stick the 10g on my desk at work... and just have colorful stuff...yes schtuff... we'll see...I may buy impulsively this weekend :scarry:

Speaking of buying impulsively. Someone had suggested keeping track of things that didn't work, poor purchases, mistakes, etcetera... and reviewing it before heading out to the LFS. I plan on doing this today, as I'm going to get a fish for my 46g FW tank.

Hopefully I don't come home with a lot of stuff.....

Speaking of buying impulsively. Someone had suggested keeping track of things that didn't work, poor purchases, mistakes, etcetera... and reviewing it before heading out to the LFS....

Hopefully I don't come home with a lot of stuff.....

that is def. advice one should heed, as I've already learned the LFS will try to sell just to make a buck and not care about a) the livestock or B) your tank.. Now I am a true capitalisst and sell things to make a living, but I disagree with selling living things to a less than desireable circumstance :D

Have fun at the LFS though i love going and browsing...in this city i live there are like 6 dif LFS, and so far ive only been to 2

that is def. advice one should heed, as I've already learned the LFS will try to sell just to make a buck and not care about a) the livestock or B) your tank.. Now I am a true capitalisst and sell things to make a living, but I disagree with selling living things to a less than desireable circumstance :D

Have fun at the LFS though i love going and browsing...in this city i live there are like 6 dif LFS, and so far ive only been to 2

Just got back, didn't buy anything! I'm so proud of myself. :lol:

I had to actually talk my girlfriend out of buying stuff! sweet, I'm getting good at this.

I agree they want to make a buck, and there's nothing wrong with that (except for livestock as you've suggested.) But I honestly believe they just don't know any better themselves. The most likely situation though, is that they are going to tell you what you want to hear and/or skew things that way...... :wacko:

I had to actually talk my girlfriend out of buying stuff! sweet, I'm getting good at this.

dude... youre supposed to let her stock your tank!!!

hahah..yeah you make a good point with the LFS people...I prefer to deal strictly with the main person, ie the owners, as they are thought to be the most intelligent, but then again in business you hire people who are smarter than you to run your operation...but thats besides the point...\

how the heck did you not purchase anytrhing you brave soul.. :lockdown:

dude... youre supposed to let her stock your tank!!!

hahah..yeah you make a good point with the LFS people...I prefer to deal strictly with the main person, ie the owners, as they are thought to be the most intelligent, but then again in business you hire people who are smarter than you to run your operation...but thats besides the point...\

how the heck did you not purchase anytrhing you brave soul.. :lockdown:

Yeah, she has done a fair amount of stocking in my Tanganyikan cichlid tank. :happydance::D:happydance: She really likes aquariums though too, just doesn't like the upkeep.

How you ask did I not buy anything? Well, I just thought about the two junky extra 10 gal tanks I have at home, the 46g FW tank I have set up, the SW NC6 tank I'm cycling and the third one I'm setting up as a frag grow out.

I then thought about the two boxes of crap I have... asst heaters decorations and worthless stuff i.e. broken auto feeder, four air pumps, :unsure: the list goes on. I need to get back on Craigslist.

I also thought about the one time I overstocked a 10 gallon tank as a 13 year old, I never even cycled it.. I brought the tank home with the fish, sad story. :closedeyes:

Yeah, she has done a fair amount of stocking in my Tanganyikan cichlid tank. :happydance::D:happydance: She really likes aquariums though too, just doesn't like the upkeep.

How you ask did I not buy anything? Well, I just thought about the two junky extra 10 gal tanks I have at home, the 46g FW tank I have set up, the SW NC6 tank I'm cycling and the third one I'm setting up as a frag grow out.

I then thought about the two boxes of crap I have... asst heaters decorations and worthless stuff i.e. broken auto feeder, four air pumps, :unsure: the list goes on. I need to get back on Craigslist.

I also thought about the one time I overstocked a 10 gallon tank as a 13 year old, I never even cycled it.. I brought the tank home with the fish, sad story. :closedeyes:

whoa dude that is some deep twisted stuff...

whoa dude that is some deep twisted stuff...

It is better to wait and research what you're buying so you do it right the first time. I keep learning that lesson.

I also learned the wait till the tank cycles lesson the hard way too..

runnin stock at the moment?

for the most part yeah, but I did upgrade to the Maxi900, took out the bio balls and ceramic crap, cut the sponge in half and topped it with about an inch of floss, and im running the stock carbon bag, will go with that chemipure stuff when I start stocking... I also siliconed the lower and middle intake grates as I was instructed by another member, in an attempt to up the surface skimming...which might I say worked like a charm :happydance:

It is better to wait and research what you're buying so you do it right the first time. I keep learning that lesson.

I also learned the wait till the tank cycles lesson the hard way too..

Touche, I was half asleep when I posted the deep twisted comment, lol... But yea, I kinda bought my tank and supplies on impulse, and have slowed down a bit while the tank does its thing...I bought 11lbs of fully cured LR at first, went back and bought another 3lbs, and also started it with 20lbs of CaribSea live sand... So i think my cycle came and went over 2 weeks, the CUC seems to be doin just fine, Im gonna vaccuum some ship off the sand and do another water change this evening, and hopefully tuesday or wednesday get my first zoa frag...we shall see B)

Touche, I was half asleep when I posted the deep twisted comment, lol... But yea, I kinda bought my tank and supplies on impulse, and have slowed down a bit while the tank does its thing...I bought 11lbs of fully cured LR at first, went back and bought another 3lbs, and also started it with 20lbs of CaribSea live sand... So i think my cycle came and went over 2 weeks, the CUC seems to be doin just fine, Im gonna vaccuum some ship off the sand and do another water change this evening, and hopefully tuesday or wednesday get my first zoa frag...we shall see B)

I started with some LR from a friend this time and added live sand as well. Just got my diatom bloom today, it's been about a week since I started the tank.

I started with some LR from a friend this time and added live sand as well. Just got my diatom bloom today, it's been about a week since I started the tank.

nice I think my blooms appeared in 10 days, and it took me like another 3 days to get half of my CUC

Paul, since this thread is turning into your tank thread, you have 2 choices, I can move it to Member's Aquariums for you, or you can start a new thread there yourself. LMK what you want.

Paul, since this thread is turning into your tank thread, you have 2 choices, I can move it to Member's Aquariums for you, or you can start a new thread there yourself. LMK what you want.

It would be awesome if you could move it for me, I actually had the intentions of trying to move it to another category, but wasnt sure how. I would greatly appreciate if you did move it..Thank You

*POOF*

Scott, that was some serious magic :eek: I like your style!

how's it coming along?

So far so good.. Water is crystal clear, still need to buy a test kit..im kinda winging it on water params...umm the hermits are doing serious work on my rocks, and the snails are moving about the sandbed..I think i got me some smart critters...lol..Im thinking maybe tuesday I can get to the LFS and pick up some zoas.. fingerscrossed as well as a test kit...

BTW....Nice anenome tank..Im already thinking of taking an old 10gallon tank thats sitting in my garage and taking the rim off and starting a second tank..but idk yet..dont wanna bite off more than I can chew just yet

ran by a new LFS today, when i say new i mean one ive never been to... Place smelled funky..maybe becuz the dogs n cats, but the saltwater tanks looked sad...nothing but LR...helll the lighting looked like crap too.. needless to say it was my first, and last visit to that black hole.... :rant:

Archived