SaltCritters.com

Konolua - Volcano Tank

konolua

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do snails, hermits, etc. come and go in the basin on their own or do you have to physically move such creatures to the basin?

They go by themselves. Though, the crabs are cleaning the basin out more than they did the smaller basin before. The polyps are growing and the mushrooms like it, but the hermits crabs are taken almost immediately.

How'd he die? :o:(

I don't think he ever acclimated...

Some shots. These are a couple of night shots, and a couple with the new lights. As mentioned, they are 15,000K's and a touch too blue for me, BUT, at least my greens are green now instead of brown! That's a bonus!

IMG_2536.jpg

The anemone with an LED maglight on it. Pretty.

IMG_2538.jpg

Again.

IMG_2550.jpg

Eating a shrimp.

IMG_2563.jpg

Cucumber.

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

It's always funny to see the plate coral balloon up after it feeds.

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

It's gonna explode!

IMG_2599.jpg

Full shot.

Thanks for looking as always!

Guest TheBlueLorax

Konolua What it do been a while since I've hit this thread..... this tank ... still BEASTIN B)

By Far the most creative tank on N-R :)

Any New Additions?

Got some new mangroves. Wanted some mature ones, but no where to be found! Anyway, to keep the picture posting marathon going, here are some new shots.

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

There is something about urchins I love.

IMG_2624.jpg

These new lights make these things glow! They are not that pretty in real life. It's crazy!

IMG_2628.jpg

I wanted to have a silhouette shot, but was unable to get it. Still kind of neat though.

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

With the previous lights, there was no green in the middle of the polyps. Unbelievable.

IMG_2615.jpg

Put a vignette on this shot. That is our baby crab. It is substantially smaller than the others. I wish I had a point of reference.

Is there much salt spray here?

No. None. That was a big consideration on making the waterfalls.

I like the mangrove additions

What kind of lights are you using? :o cant even tell what kind of zoas those are

They are my new 150w 15,000K halides. The fixtures are a custom design.

I really love your aquarium is one of the bests of this website!

Only curiosity:How many galoons?

I'm guessing you mean gallons?! :)

It is rated at 75 gallons.

This is probably the most amazing reef tank I've ever seen!!! Just wondering, what type of filtration do you use?

Keep the pictures coming, I can't get enough of your tank!

This is probably the most amazing reef tank I've ever seen!!! Just wondering, what type of filtration do you use?

Keep the pictures coming, I can't get enough of your tank!

Just a sump underneath with a protein skimmer. Simple stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a member for a few years and visit this site often, however I rarley post. In fact all of my pictures are from 2 tanks ago (I will update soon). I have spent the past 2 days reading all 35 pages and I am blown away. I thought the Volcano look was great and innovative. I am even more impressed with the tidal pool set up. please keep us updated.

Woah that crab pic is sweet.

Where did you get those rics? Love those.

also I noticed your Mangroves with some shriveled brown leaves is that normal? Mine do that all the time.

holy crap.. i like to think out side the box when it comes to my reefing endevours.. but you take my box , cut it up and put it in the recycle for the trash man to pickup.....this tank made my pants tight.....i wish i could say something original but hands down this si the most unique and well thought out tank i ever have seen.....I never have bookmarked a thread on my computer before till today.. this tank is like black tar heroin for a junkie.....whether #### its the concept or the time lapse videos... its hands down awesome.. if you tank had hands i would go buy it a engagemnt ring and be its beotch... kudos to you fine sir for blowing my mind....oh and thanks your tank is now the wall paper on my desk top... tow thumbs up..

• 4 weeks later...
IMG_2599.jpg

Full shot.

From Volcano to Cradle of Life, an evolution of sorts. I love the way the rockwork looks in this pic. I reminds me of "Pride Rock" from The Lion King. ahhhhhhhhsavennnnnnyaaaaahhhh!!!!! :D

P.s. I spent the past few hours reading this entire thread. It was worth it. :happy:

Archived