inTank Media Baskets

Konolua - Volcano Tank

konolua

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said it before and I'll say it again, your tank rocks! (haha... pun intended).

I like the video. It's simple and shows off the inhabitants in various viewing angles.

As others have mentioned I like the new rocks just as much as the volcano look, but really I'm more impressed with the overall health of your corals and livestock. Your clowns look great! I also like your coral choices and invert choices. IMO the fact that you've been able to maintain such diversity successfully is your greatest achievement up to this point.

Finally, I'm looking forward to the addition of your mangrove plants. I'm creating a "display fuge" in my upcoming tank that will be 36x10x12 and I'm thinking of adding a mangrove and making it more of a plant/algae oriented display. I did want to ask you though, what kind of sand are you using and how deep is it on average?

Your tank has always been one of my favorites. I think the thing I like most is that it's got something cool going on from any angle you look at it, yet it never looks "busy". I hope that makes sense. More regular updates demanded.

I said it before and I'll say it again, your tank rocks! (haha... pun intended).

I like the video. It's simple and shows off the inhabitants in various viewing angles.

As others have mentioned I like the new rocks just as much as the volcano look, but really I'm more impressed with the overall health of your corals and livestock. Your clowns look great! I also like your coral choices and invert choices. IMO the fact that you've been able to maintain such diversity successfully is your greatest achievement up to this point.

Finally, I'm looking forward to the addition of your mangrove plants. I'm creating a "display fuge" in my upcoming tank that will be 36x10x12 and I'm thinking of adding a mangrove and making it more of a plant/algae oriented display. I did want to ask you though, what kind of sand are you using and how deep is it on average?

It's live Fiji sand. Pretty cool stuff. Haven't seen it available again. It averages about 3".

I was planning on adding some mangroves to my display.....

Do you think the stem of the mangroves would irritate corals if they touched or visa versa?

By the way this tank is totally awsome!!!!!!!!!!

I was planning on adding some mangroves to my display.....

Do you think the stem of the mangroves would irritate corals if they touched or visa versa?

By the way this tank is totally awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, in fact corals may grow on the roots! But, you have to float the mangrove for the roots to show.

Very, Very cool aquarium design. Very unique and love all the details that you've incorporated into the design and aquascaping.

Here are a couple of updated pictures. Just for fun. Nothing special....

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

Sea cucumber. Nice creature. Done wonderful things for the sandbed so far, in just a week.

IMG_2458.jpg

The anemone is doing well. It hard started to not do so well before the move because it had moved out of the light (stupid thing), but nothing bad. However, it is back to its glorious self now. Took about a couple of days before it was "normal."

IMG_2469.jpg

Love these new orange turbos! Hadn't seen them before!

IMG_2471.jpg

This is starting to take off. Looking at the photo now, I can see it is hard to see in the photo what I see in person, but it is really healthy up there.

IMG_2474.jpg

Peppermint shrimp has taken residence up there!

IMG_2476.jpg

I love this angle. Looks cool. Can't wait for that to grow in. New lights are in the mail. new bulbs will help out!

IMG_2478.jpg

Hope it was worth your time to look! Thanks for all the positive comments!

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

Last two showing the bigger picture.

IMG_2440.jpg

haha @ the snail grave yard, i've got one in the back corner of my tank too :P-_-

Most people would KILL to have such a beautiful and healthy tank!

Great looking tank as always.

Is it just me or is your carpet nem bleaching? It looks a lot lighter than it used to be.

Great looking tank as always.

Is it just me or is your carpet nem bleaching? It looks a lot lighter than it used to be.

Yeah, it did a little bit. It had gone behind a rock for about a month. It is substantially darker now and is eating like a mad anemone now. It almost looks normal. Good thing. I was worried about it.....

Archived