inTank Media Baskets

rimless + simplicity = my tank.

pnguy3n

I agree with the 8 bulb fixture, it'll give you a lot more diversity when you go and choose bulbs, plus your tank is so wide you're going to be happy you went with 2 extra bulbs.

Great looking tank.

I say lose the ATI especially the 8 bulb.

All these T5 only fixtures hang too low over the water. They prevent viewing from above and they give a shadowless lifeless look to a potentially great opportunity to turn your kitchen into an awesome living space. Have a powerhead aimed to break the surface of the aquarium water and watch the shimmer dance in the tank and project onto the walls. Find a fixture with T5 supplements.

My pick

Giesemann Infinity

Sfiligoi's Infinity XR6

Adding quality moonlights again would make your room come alive the entire night.

JMHO

PS

If you don't care about shimmer please ignore above opinion. :P

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
INCREDIBLE. :happy: when ya planning on putting water into that bad boy?

What should be in over the weekend.

The texture on the concrete works surprisingly well... beats the socks off of wood grain anyday IMO.

Will you be mounting your lights from the ceiling or hanging from a light bar?

Yeah I really like the texture of the concrete, it's super smooth. The bar area has a couple pendant lights so I didn't want too much stuff hanging on the ceiling. I've been searching around the boards for DIY light bars or I might end up getting some light bars from Ali's store. Might powder coat that white to give it a different look.

Great looking tank.

I say lose the ATI especially the 8 bulb.

All these T5 only fixtures hang too low over the water. They prevent viewing from above and they give a shadowless lifeless look to a potentially great opportunity to turn your kitchen into an awesome living space. Have a powerhead aimed to break the surface of the aquarium water and watch the shimmer dance in the tank and project onto the walls. Find a fixture with T5 supplements.

My pick

Giesemann Infinity

Sfiligoi's Infinity XR6

Adding quality moonlights again would make your room come alive the entire night.

JMHO

PS

If you don't care about shimmer please ignore above opinion. :P

I really appreciate the input, I currently have a Sfiligoi fixture and love it. I've had bad experiences with AO, so I don't know if I would order from them again. The only thing with Giesemann fixtures is they only make 24" and 48". The problem is mine is a 36" wide tank, so if I went with Giesemann it would have to be a 24" light fixture. I'm still debating what fixture to get, really like MH but leaning towards the ATI powermodul.

Awesome tank. I am interested inmore detail on the pannels and how they are attached.

I will take pics when I get home, the internal of the panel is... :o

Meaning it looks nothing like the outside, kind of looks like an alley. There's spray paint on it, well I'll show you guys later.

I really appreciate the input, I currently have a Sfiligoi fixture and love it. I've had bad experiences with AO, so I don't know if I would order from them again. The only thing with Giesemann fixtures is they only make 24" and 48". The problem is mine is a 36" wide tank, so if I went with Giesemann it would have to be a 24" light fixture. I'm still debating what fixture to get, really like MH but leaning towards the ATI powermodul.

I'm just north of Toronto about 30 minutes from AO's office.

Lots of bad feelings for AO on the Canadian reef sites and RC.

Shame..seems these AO guys are hit and miss with a lot more misses of late.

Maybe hang the Sfiligoi fixture and compare it to a quality T5 that a LFS will lend you for the day..

You should get a good idea if you will be happy with the T5 only.

I'm sure whatever the decision your tank will look great.

HAHA :lol: Bonsai that's awesome.

Really busy weekend, transferred some fishes from my old tank. Everything is doing fine so far, I have some LR I'm curing outside for almost 4 weeks. Should be ready to aquascape soon.

sweet build. this is one clean setup. i think you are giving the elos fanclub a run for it's money. lol

Thanks I'm trying to keep it clean and sleek. I already had a few people think it was an ELOS tank.

I like this build, can't wait to see it up and running.

Appreciate the compliments.

I'd recommend Herbie style!

My 125 is plumbed this way and it's DEAD silent.

I had a skimmerless tank for about 3 years and I had mostly LPS/Softies. I'm farely new to the whole plumbing, I had a buddy come over and take care of the plumbing. I'm actually going with the Durso plumbing.

Holy crap....... I'm so jealous right now.

Lol, thanks :lol:

wow...I was actually searching for a tank with these dimentions to see how it looked. Love it so far!

I love the dimension I chose. I was thinking about a 30x30x24 or some other options, but really glad I went with 36x30x20.

Time to aquascape, the one thing that always gave me trouble in this hobby is getting the "right look". I had to browse around for inspiration. I definitely like the open look and with a wide tank I also want to maximize the depth. So here's some of the tank that inspired me.

cpfarm.jpg

cpfarm

SunnyX.jpg

SunnyX's rimless

Leonardo.jpg

Leonardo's minimal aquascaping

CoralGrowth2.jpg

I just like the open look similiar to this, I found this on Leonardo's thread on RC.

Here's some pics I haven't gotten a chance to post up. Water was waiting to clear up, but I decided to go with sand instead of BB. I added about 1 1/2" of sand, we have free saltwater in San Diego. So had to make a 10 minute drive for that.

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Some dry rock that I've been curing for about 4 weeks, I'm going to epoxy them together.

Im a fan of SunnyX's if it was more slopeing reef style...but they are all so amazing its hard to say. I cant wait to see your scape

by the way id say something smart about how the chargers have been playing lately but I have Rivers, Gates and Sproles on my fantacy football team so my lips are sealed...

but go Texans! :P

Im a fan of SunnyX's if it was more slopeing reef style...but they are all so amazing its hard to say. I cant wait to see your scape

by the way id say something smart about how the chargers have been playing lately but I have Rivers, Gates and Sproles on my fantacy football team so my lips are sealed...

but go Texans! :P

I like Sunny's tank too, we'll see. Aquascaping a tank never turns out how you want it to be but I'll see how it goes. My buddy is coming over to help and he has a really good eye. We did one island already and it turned out great, so I'm going to wait a week or two to add more rocks.

Phillip Rivers is a beast but not to make any excuses but the team has a lot of injuries. It's still a long season so as long as we're healthy towards the end of the season I'm fin with that. So you're a Texans fan? That was a nice win last week vs. Titans. I had Titans D and I ended up with -1 pts. Cheers!

+1 on above...wow

But yea die hard Texans. I root for the chargers every week though because my family are trator Denver fans. gotta love watching Sproles, IF he can catch the kick off he will take it to the 40 at least.

Archived