Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist
Cute kitty. One of mine looks like that, and loves to gather her toys into a pile too.

:lol: She usually doesn't, but it was pretty fun. She doesn't actually play with the green mice, but she has to have them. Every night, at least one of them makes it up to my bedroom, but she'll drop it right away. Then, after I wake up in the morning, she'll carry them downstairs, where they'll lay until the night.

looks tasty

-_-

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist

So I've gotta give it to Aquacave. I ordered new bulbs on the 29th, and they were at my door yesterday. A big thumbs down to UPS, because it looks like they played kick the can with the box. There's a few signs that the box was pretty well crushed.

27de610e.jpg

Might as well have been labeled "Fragile: Handle with Reckless Disregard."

However, in another thumbs up to Aquacave, they wrapped the bulbs like nothing else. They were practically death-gripped within the ULINE sheath, and then the sheath was heavily wrapped itself. The bulbs appear to be no worse for the wear. They go in tonight, so we'll find out then.

On the lights front, I still haven't fixed the blue bulbs turning off when the fixture is jostled. I think I figured it out last night though: I think that one end cap is a bit loose, and so making a bad connection. I may have to track down a new one. I may just re-wire the entire thing with new wire and new end caps. If that doesn't fix it....

Then again, maybe it was just the bulbs.

I'm also going to be doing some zoa, trumpet, and frog fragging soon. However, I have no idea how to price them. Here's pictures of the corals I intend to frag (these are old "file photos"):

100_1218.jpg

100_1219.jpg

Frog and Trumpet:

100_1451.jpg

Any suggestions on prices? I'll probably do 3 to 5 polyp frags of the zoas, and single or double head frags of the frog and trumpet.

Militant Jurist
damn look at that flame and frogspawn!

:lol: inorite?

Let's see if I can scrounge up a "before" photo of the flame.

The picture above was from May. This is from February:

100_1310.jpg

Militant Jurist
people don't believe me when i say it's better than chaeto, lol. but it is.

I try to tell them around here, but they don't believe me either. :lol:

Militant Jurist
i've cut mine back a lot with the recent sales. i'll have to re-grow it out.

Looks like I could have three sales in one week's time. Pretty nice!

How far back did you butcher yours? Mine's attached itself to a new little piece of rock, so I'm thinking about cutting it from the main macro and letting it grow out separately. Should have much more growth over all that way, right?

Militant Jurist
I usually do a 4" cut for $30. But you know me...I'm pretty generous. :)

I've been doing a 2" cut for $10, but then I'll toss in a couple of extra pieces as freebies. Who knew that red could be so green?

I have absolutely no idea what to sell coral frags for though. I think frogspawn usually goes for $10/head around here, and maybe I'll do the same for the trumpet. As for the zoas, maybe $10 for 3 to 5 polyps of most of the zoas, and $15 for 3 to 5 polyps of mah Gooberz. How does that sound?

Militant Jurist

Haha yeah. It would be fun if there was a camera attached to it, to see what the poor box went through! :lol:

That picture of the tank is a bit old, but I'm hoping to have fresh pictures soon. I need to change the bulbs and clean the glass, and then a picture will be forthcoming!

Militant Jurist

Just got back in late last night from my trip to St. Kitts. I was a fantastic trip, and in some ways, it was even better than I thought it might be. I'm still recovering from the flight yesterday and all of the drama associated with it, but here are a few photos from my trip:

Nevis island off in the distance

100_1494.jpg

100_1489.jpg

An island double-wide

100_1484.jpg

Giant hog at Cockleshell Beach

100_1485.jpg

View from Shipwreck

100_1480.jpg

Rawlins Plantation

100_1480.jpg

The evil monkey (it monkey slapped my g/f's sister)

100_1481.jpg

I took 20+ pictures with an underwater camera while out snorkeling. I'm getting them developed, but I hope that they will show the urchins, wrasses, large angels, a small sea fan, and who knows what else that I saw under water. :happy:

Militant Jurist

Very good! She still had obligations while I was there, but we had a lot of fun together. Things are looking good. :happy:

Militant Jurist
I wants some frogspawn 2 heads :P

I might be doing some fraggin soon, and I might be up for a trade for some of your macros :happy:

tank is looking great! glad you had a fun and safe trip B)

Thanks! It sure was fun. :D

Militant Jurist

Here are some photos from snorkeling....

27_25.jpg

26_24.jpg

25_23.jpg

24_22.jpg

22_20.jpg

21_19.jpg

20_18.jpg

19_17.jpg

18_16.jpg

17_15.jpg

14_12.jpg

13_11.jpg

Any idea what kind of fish? My guess is some kind of angel.

04_2.jpg

16_14.jpg

15_13.jpg

06_4.jpg

03_1.jpg

Some kind of wrasse?

02_0.jpg

Militant Jurist
Welcome home MJ!!

Thanks!

Great to hear you had a nice time. ;)

Me too. :happy: I had a feeling that it was going to be a good time, but I couldn't have imagined it going this well.

Thanks for sharing the pictures !! B)

Glad to! B)

Archived