Coral Vue Hydros

Collegenano's 40 Breeder (Previous 46 Bow)

CollegeNano

everything looks great. That birdsnest will color up nicely when it gets used to your lights. Be prepared to frag it in the next 6 months, it grows fast! Glad the tang and frags are turning out well. I'm trying to make a trip out to load up on frags this week. What's your availability?

Friday I'm free after lunch, plus pretty much all weekend. I'm pretty booked this week with extra curricular/class stuff. Sorry about Saturday again! I really wish it woulda worked out, I'm feening for new frags.

heeeeyey.....nice stuff ya got derr.

:D

Wow, thanks a lot pismo! I'm just starting to stock and have a full CUC coming from reefcleaners shortly. I really admire your 9.5 rimless, keep it up!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extremely happy today because all of what seemed to be hair algae in my tank seems to have disappeared overnight! Here are the only comparison pics I could find really showing the algae on one rock.

before (algae)

PA120029.jpg

after (no algae)

PA140036.jpg

• 2 months later...

Tank Mods

Removed the center brace that was creating an annoying shadow down the center of the tank (see image 2) and replaced it with the plexiglas piece below.

P1090100.jpg

Shadow

PA120035-1.jpg

No Shadow

P1090099.jpg

Also, added two computer fans to the top of my light source to keep it cooler. Slightly tacky but noticeably cooler! Both are blowing up and away while a third internal fan is blowing into the fixture.

P1090101.jpg

Both fans are wired to this adapter and plugged into my power strip.

P1090102.jpg

And some coral growth...

Birdsnest

P1090109.jpg

Hair mushrooms (used to be only two and now a 4th is splitting as well)

P1090115.jpg

Green leather

P1090107.jpg

Kenya tree I want to get rid of :/

P1090106.jpg

Duncans

P1090113.jpg

Elkhorn that won't seem to color up but is steadily growing!

P1090112.jpg

Looks great!

Thanks man. How's school going? I think I remember way back you were beginning college either last semester or last year, haha.

Thanks man. How's school going? I think I remember way back you were beginning college either last semester or last year, haha.

Yeah, I started last semester up here at UNC. So far everything's been great. How are all of your classes?

Yeah, I started last semester up here at UNC. So far everything's been great. How are all of your classes?

Ah so you did end up here. Nice! Classes should be quite a bit easier this final semester. I have finished all but one requirement so most of my classes are 100 level :D How's year 1?

Ah so you did end up here. Nice! Classes should be quite a bit easier this final semester. I have finished all but one requirement so most of my classes are 100 level :D How's year 1?

Yep! I was definitely excited to get in. Haha, 100 level classes are awesome. What did you major in? So far year 1 is great. Last semester I took nothing but general ed. requirements so I don't have to take too many more of those. This semester I've got a bunch of science-based courses, but it should be interesting at the very least. It's hard to believe how fast that first semester went by.

Yep! I was definitely excited to get in. Haha, 100 level classes are awesome. What did you major in? So far year 1 is great. Last semester I took nothing but general ed. requirements so I don't have to take too many more of those. This semester I've got a bunch of science-based courses, but it should be interesting at the very least. It's hard to believe how fast that first semester went by.

Business. I'm currently at KFBS on my last semester. Just found out I only need 12 hours this semester to graduate so I'm taking it really easy! Are you majoring in bio or chem? Difficult choices either way, in my opinion at least, haha. How's dorm life? I didn't have A/C my first year :(

Business. I'm currently at KFBS on my last semester. Just found out I only need 12 hours this semester to graduate so I'm taking it really easy! Are you majoring in bio or chem? Difficult choices either way, in my opinion at least, haha. How's dorm life? I didn't have A/C my first year :(

Awesome. Business is always a good choice at UNC. I had 12 hours last semester and it was amazing. This semester I have 16 hours leaving me with 5 class periods Mondays and Wednesdays... I've actually decided to major in environmental science. I still have to take a bunch of ridiculous classes, but I think it will be more interesting to me in the long run. Dorm life is pretty awesome though. I was able to get on North Campus which is always lucky for freshman. I had a class in Hamilton last semester and I could literally be in a seat in the class 3 minutes after leaving the dorm room. :P

Awesome. Business is always a good choice at UNC. I had 12 hours last semester and it was amazing. This semester I have 16 hours leaving me with 5 class periods Mondays and Wednesdays... I've actually decided to major in environmental science. I still have to take a bunch of ridiculous classes, but I think it will be more interesting to me in the long run. Dorm life is pretty awesome though. I was able to get on North Campus which is always lucky for freshman. I had a class in Hamilton last semester and I could literally be in a seat in the class 3 minutes after leaving the dorm room. :P

Sounds like you're living the high life as a freshman, very cool. I know I'm going to love having 12 hours. I hope all goes well for you this semester!

Love the tank!!

Cool birdsnest too!

Thank you!

Sounds like you're living the high life as a freshman, very cool. I know I'm going to love having 12 hours. I hope all goes well for you this semester!

Thanks! You too!

• 11 months later...

I received this for Christmas!

080124_2a.jpg

but that doesn't mean this photography rookie will take any noticeably better pictures.

Get some pics with it man, what has it been, about a year now?

Uploaded! Cut me some slack on any quality issues, ha.

FTS

IMG_0944.jpg

Red monti

IMG_0941.jpg

Leather

IMG_0939.jpg

Blue (Purple?) milli

IMG_0938.jpg

Blue Stag

IMG_0933.jpg

Green Slimer

IMG_0932.jpg

Duncan

IMG_0931.jpg

Birdsnest

IMG_0930.jpg

Yellow ?

IMG_0919.jpg

Green Polyp

IMG_0921.jpg

?

IMG_0923.jpg

Crocea Clam, angry after water change

IMG_0934.jpg

Shroom Rock

IMG_0935.jpg

PUPPY!

IMG_0906.jpg

I can finally take decent night shots as well.

Green Slimer

IMG_0966.jpg

Candy Cane

IMG_0969.jpg

Green Plate, bought as a small frag and has now grown a mouth :)

IMG_0975.jpg

Purple (really) Yuma

IMG_0978.jpg

Awesome pics, liked following the journey. I also had a 46g bow, awesome tank but not as good as yours!

ps- pup is wicked. Border collie x beagle?

Awesome pics, liked following the journey. I also had a 46g bow, awesome tank but not as good as yours!

ps- pup is wicked. Border collie x beagle?

Flick, very good assessment on the doggy. She is actually from a litter of a rescue mom so all we can say for certain is there was beagle in the mother, but we also agree that the color highly resembles a border collie! My girlfriend's grandmother likes to joke with us that it is clearly not a beagle, but what does that matter!

Thank you for the tank compliments. I finally had the drive to clean it up a little and take some shots. What happened to your 46? Upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up early to get my package from bluezooaquatics! A+ on the shipping/packaging (Also A+ on the customer service I received).

Too excited not to take a few acclimation pictures. Everything is covered as recommended by the acclimation "care package" they sent. Came with directions, stress guard, drip line, and a food medley. 45 min down!

The package (two heat packs were placed on the underside of the top)

IMG_1015.jpg

Acclimating (things are crooked because I didn't have enough water initially to leave the box/containers flat)

IMG_1018.jpg

I have now doomed myself to forever wear these when doing anything in my tank

IMG_1020.jpg

Archived