Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
AquaticEngineer

Thank you both!

I also found out today that my tank was mentioned on ReefBuilders! Woo!

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/03/27/jacob-dixons-puget-biotope/

You should make sure Joost mentions in the article that the livestock was collected before the change in laws took effect in 2010 making the take of unclassified fish and inverts illegal in Washington state.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I am very happy to see Reef Builders talking again about Cold Water reefs! I met today with Novatech and we are planning on bringing you reefers a thermoelectric chiller to support up to a 16 gallon cold water reef... :)

i live in Portland ..was just in Seattle at the aquarium thinking why don't i have a cold water set up??? yours is amazing!

You should make sure Joost mentions in the article that the livestock was collected before the change in laws took effect in 2010 making the take of unclassified fish and inverts illegal in Washington state.

Very good point! I sent ReefBuilders a message, I wouldn't want to get into any trouble. I also wouldn't want any potential readers to start collecting and get into trouble either.

I am very happy to see Reef Builders talking again about Cold Water reefs! I met today with Novatech and we are planning on bringing you reefers a thermoelectric chiller to support up to a 16 gallon cold water reef... :)

I am happy they are as well!

Nice. :)

Thank man :D

High five on the reefbuilders mention! I love that blog...

Gracias! It is a great blog for sure.

i live in Portland ..was just in Seattle at the aquarium thinking why don't i have a cold water set up??? yours is amazing!

Thanks! I would set one up :D!

Great tank Jacob. Its one of the tanks that I read up on to get my first one started. Its great that you were able to put temperate tanks out in the mainstream:) and besides that your a fellow Washington reefer too!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks! We are in the same club now :D

Great tank Jacob. Its one of the tanks that I read up on to get my first one started. Its great that you were able to put temperate tanks out in the mainstream:) and besides that your a fellow Washington reefer too!

Thanks! Hey nice! We Washingtonians have to stick together.

Congrats on the Reef Builders write-up, I saw it when it came out and said, hey thats Jacobs tank, hehe. Well deserved, I am thinking of doing a cold water tank myself, I live in BC not too far from the coast. I need a chiller though, and a few other supplies. Cheers !

Christine

Congrats on the Reef Builders write-up, I saw it when it came out and said, hey thats Jacobs tank, hehe. Well deserved, I am thinking of doing a cold water tank myself, I live in BC not too far from the coast. I need a chiller though, and a few other supplies. Cheers !

Christine

Thanks! Ah you are close! You should definitely set one up! Dooo it!

Flippin' awesome! Short but sweet.

Flippin' awesome indeed! Thanks man :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have a wonderful announcement to make. I recently found out that an internship I applied for was accepted...I will be doing marine conservation, environmental photography, and chameleon and jackal surveying this summer on the Greek island of Samos! Best. Day. Ever.

hey there, I read until page 46-ish then I decided to skip to the end. Awesome tank, it was fun to read through and see how your tank changed. Sucks about the beginning but was still awesome. Congrats on the mention

and awesome, I'm so glad for you with your internship! even more congrats are in order! just wow! <3 :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the time to read this thread from post 1. What an amazing transformation this tank has had, and you've really grown as an aquarist and photographer along with it Jacob. This tank is truly an inspiration. Good luck with your internship :)

andi.rahl

Thank you very much :D! I can't believe you read through all of those pages!

Thanks!! :blush:

haha! I can't believe I did either. I enjoyed the info you presented by way of your experiences with your tank. If I hadn't read this, I probably never would have thought about a tank like yours. Maybe one day down the road (like years from now) I'll try a tank like this.

Jacobnano

I finally got the time to read this thread from post 1. What an amazing transformation this tank has had, and you've really grown as an aquarist and photographer along with it Jacob. This tank is truly an inspiration. Good luck with your internship :)

Thank you! I really believe I have too. Thank you, that is quite a complement! I am incredibly excited for this summer, you have no idea :lol:

haha! I can't believe I did either. I enjoyed the info you presented by way of your experiences with your tank. If I hadn't read this, I probably never would have thought about a tank like yours. Maybe one day down the road (like years from now) I'll try a tank like this.

Ah you definitely should! We need more temperate tank people! If you have any questions of anything definitely let me know :)

Beautiful tank! The sandbed is especially nice, it complements the earthy tones of the fish well and gives a nice contrast to the colors on the inverts and anemones. I'm kinda tempted to try my hand at this someday. Keep at it, you're one lucky reefer. :lol:

Archived