inTank Media Baskets

JK's Custom 135g Lagoon Style

JKUNZ

Here're a few more pics of the system when the fuge lights are off...

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

This is how it normally looks during normal light hours...the fuge lights are on a reverse cycle.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it appears I never did a great job of laying out the system and it's components, here it is:

AQUARIUM:

Dimensions: 55 inches long, 26 inches wide, 22 inches tall

Aquarium Volume: 135 Gallons

Live Rock: 170lb Fiji Select Live Rock

Substrate: ~100 lbs. White Live Sand

Lighting: 4 Foot Outer Orbit 4xT5 2x150W Phoenix 14k MH

Flow: 3 Tunze Pumps (2x 6055, 1x 6105) all controlled by the APEX to alternate wave pulses

Controller: Aquacontroller APEX with a PM2 Module

Lid: Two Piece Custom 1/4 inch Mesh Framed Cover

CUSTOM STAND

Height: 38 Inches Tall

Structure: Supported by four 4x4 legs, reinforced with angle-iron grid built in the deck lid, custom finished to a dark Cherry

Doors: Six removable doors, attached by magnets

REFUGIUM:

Tank: Three Chamber 50 Gallon Refugium

Components:

>Main Return Pump: Dart Reeflo

>Aqua UV Sterilizer

>Euroreef Skimmer

>Phosban 150 Reactor

>Deltec Calcium Reactor

Refugium Lighting: 2x 2 foot 24watt Sunblaze CF

Auto Top Off: Plumbed directly into the RO/DI unit via a float valve for Auto Top Offs

Water Changes: Plumbed directly into the water change jug as well as a waste drain for ease-of-use water changes

WATER CHANGE CLOSET

Salt Water Storage: 75 Gallon Drum that holds fresh saltwater, heated and mixed

RO/DI: Air, Water & Ice RO/DI Unit plumed to auto top off both the Aquarium and the Water Change Drum

Pump: Iwaki Mag Drive Pump keeps the Drum mixed. With a switch of a valve the same pump sends the new water to the aquarium for water changes.

NaClCrocodile

I love the stand! The tank looks great as well. I can't wait until all my rock is seeded and pink with coraline.

I love the stand! The tank looks great as well. I can't wait until all my rock is seeded and pink with coraline.

Thanks!! I've gone thru some set backs...but we're back on track now hopefully!

I don't have much of anything cut and healed just now, but hopefully my new frag tank will be starting toward a fast cycle, then I will get a bunch of stuff encrusting....I'm good for it...real soon.........I wanna populate your tank with a whole new round of beautiful stuff.....

I don't have much of anything cut and healed just now, but hopefully my new frag tank will be starting toward a fast cycle, then I will get a bunch of stuff encrusting....I'm good for it...real soon.........I wanna populate your tank with a whole new round of beautiful stuff.....

Good I need some happy corals, asap!! :)

I'm happy to see this tank is doing fine!

How do you like the skimmer?

The skimmer is awesome, I've had probably six different skimmers over the last 8 years and this is the best yet. After the most recent move the water was terribly tinted but the euroreef cleaned it up within a few short hours. What do you run?

The skimmer is awesome, I've had probably six different skimmers over the last 8 years and this is the best yet. After the most recent move the water was terribly tinted but the euroreef cleaned it up within a few short hours. What do you run?

I've used ASM and Reef Octopus as well as AquaC, but I'm currently using a bubble magus NAC6, which I really love. The skimmate produced is in my avatar. I'd really like to try out the EuroReef one day though! :P

I've used ASM and Reef Octopus as well as AquaC, but I'm currently using a bubble magus NAC6, which I really love. The skimmate produced is in my avatar. I'd really like to try out the EuroReef one day though! :P

Very nice!!!

Since it appears I never did a great job of laying out the system and it's components, here it is:

AQUARIUM:

Dimensions: 55 inches long, 26 inches wide, 22 inches tall

Aquarium Volume: 135 Gallons

Live Rock: 170lb Fiji Select Live Rock

Substrate: ~100 lbs. White Live Sand

Lighting: 4 Foot Outer Orbit 4xT5 2x150W Phoenix 14k MH

Flow: 3 Tunze Pumps (2x 6055, 1x 6105) all controlled by the APEX to alternate wave pulses

Controller: Aquacontroller APEX with a PM2 Module

Lid: Two Piece Custom 1/4 inch Mesh Framed Cover

CUSTOM STAND

Height: 38 Inches Tall

Structure: Supported by four 4x4 legs, reinforced with angle-iron grid built in the deck lid, custom finished to a dark Cherry

Doors: Six removable doors, attached by magnets

REFUGIUM:

Tank: Three Chamber 50 Gallon Refugium

Components:

>Main Return Pump: Dart Reeflo

>Aqua UV Sterilizer

>Euroreef Skimmer

>Phosban 150 Reactor

>Deltec Calcium Reactor

Refugium Lighting: 2x 2 foot 24watt Sunblaze CF

Auto Top Off: Plumbed directly into the RO/DI unit via a float valve for Auto Top Offs

Water Changes: Plumbed directly into the water change jug as well as a waste drain for ease-of-use water changes

WATER CHANGE CLOSET

Salt Water Storage: 75 Gallon Drum that holds fresh saltwater, heated and mixed

RO/DI: Air, Water & Ice RO/DI Unit plumed to auto top off both the Aquarium and the Water Change Drum

Pump: Iwaki Mag Drive Pump keeps the Drum mixed. With a switch of a valve the same pump sends the new water to the aquarium for water changes.

Wow, nice setup!

Cool 'scape too.

I've picked up a few corals from a friend and a lfs the past few days..they include:

unidentified Red Challice

Neon Green Trachy

War Coral

unidentified multi-colored acro (hard to get a pic of, but is purple at the base, green stem, pink polyps.

Now the pics!

Unidentified Red Challice:

DSC01042.jpg

Neon Green Trachy:

DSC01045.jpg

I'll try to get good shots of the other two yet tonight, but for now, here's my blasto (from Mitch himself) who seems to be doing just fine after the two emergency moves:

DSC01046.jpg

And one of the shrimp hangin out:

DSC01057.jpg

More pics to follow....

Apparently the Frag Fairy loves me....

Here's some more goodies:

ORA Red Planet (it's hard to get a good shot of the coloration due to it being in the center of the tank):

DSC01088.jpg

Sunset Monti:

DSC01089.jpg

Echinata:

DSC01085.jpg

Orange Plate Coral/Fungia:

DSC01079.jpg

Red Challice with Yellow dots (name unknown at this time):

DSC01074.jpg

Three Leaf Plate Monti's fragged together (red, green and purple). Hopefully they'll grow together:

DSC01090.jpg

And final, a shot of the war coral I got the other day:

DSC01092.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wow.........it's starting again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Man Go.......I will get some stuff cut SOON.....I promise.............

Wow.........it's starting again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Man Go.......I will get some stuff cut SOON.....I promise.............

Yessir! I didn't want to be adding stuff again so soon, but the majority of this literally fell into my lap. What's a guy to do??

PS...I need superman!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I couldn't help myself the other day and got a juvenile Chevron Tang; absolutely beautiful and the bext looking one I've personally seen...and while I was at it I figured I might as well grab the nice Peacock Feather Acro and a small Maxima I had been eyeing.

They were all acclimated and in the tank first thing this morning. Hopefully I can get some good shots of them, especially the tang, later today.

On a side note, in my fuge I currently have only caulerpa and some chaeto....I'm thinking of adding some mesh dividers to the fuge to seperate not only the caulerpa and chaeto but add some red grape kelp purely as harvest area to supplement the chevron tang on occasion as well as any other herb's I acquire.

Any thoughts on the best fuge algae as well as the best to grow purely as fish food supplement? Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

J

I've always loved Chevron Tangs and this one is a beauty. Let's see pics of the acro and maxima!!!

I'll snap some soon....I'm currently in the middle of adding a center brace to the tank; aesthetically, the natural bow isn't working for me.

135g013.jpg

This looks like dragon bones! Cool!

New Chevron looks good, but I think the idea of the three montis together is awesome! I hope that works out.....have you ever done that before? Great idea.

This looks like dragon bones! Cool!

New Chevron looks good, but I think the idea of the three montis together is awesome! I hope that works out.....have you ever done that before? Great idea.

Thanks...and no I've never done the three plates together before, just thought it may be neat. I actually mounted them towards the back side of the tank, hopefully they'll grow fast and large as typical and offer a nice backdrop to everything else.

Here's a pic of all the new frags, and a few of the new Chevron again, and a few of the Blue Spot!

First, the frags from a few days ago:

Here's the mini-me Maxima:

DSC01205.jpg

The Peacock Feather Acro (yet to color back up) :

DSC01200.jpg

And now the new frags:

Gold Digger Acro:

DSC01199.jpg

Red Devil Monti:

DSC01196.jpg

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea:

DSC01198.jpg

And a few more of the Chevron Tang, saying hello:

DSC01186.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

And finally a few of the Blue Spot Jawfish, and the digs he made...

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very nice....I gotta figure out whatyou want me to cut. Drop me a PM and we can start figuring out Frags 6.0 I believe it is....

Very nice....I gotta figure out whatyou want me to cut. Drop me a PM and we can start figuring out Frags 6.0 I believe it is....

PM Sent....

Archived