Coral Vue Hydros

jz's 12" Cowrie Kingdom

lajz9

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I figured it can't hurt to go balls out for this one. With the 70w Viper this baby is gonna need some serious temp and salinity control. I love my RKL on my 40g so I just submitted an order with Marine Depot for a Reef Keeper Lite - Level 1, RKM-SL2 module to measure temp, pH, and salinity, the new DA float switch kit and a salinity probe for this one. I figured it's an early birthday present for myself.

So, I figured it can't hurt to go balls out for this one. With the 70w Viper this baby is gonna need some serious temp and salinity control. I love my RKL on my 40g so I just submitted an order with Marine Depot for a Reef Keeper Lite - Level 1, RKM-SL2 module to measure temp, pH, and salinity, the new DA float switch kit and a salinity probe for this one. I figured it's an early birthday present for myself.

I'm turning in my RK2 for a RK elite. I'll use it on the 12"er then move it to the larger system after 6 month. I hope to use the network module to hookup a camera to the 12" tank.

I'm turning in my RK2 for a RK elite. I'll use it on the 12"er then move it to the larger system after 6 month. I hope to use the network module to hookup a camera to the 12" tank.

That will be very cool, great controllers in my opinion. Hope to do that eventually with my 40g.

Wow, great controller set up!

Definitely looking forward to it. Running a RKL on my other tank, but with the SL2 to measure salinity and ATO on this one it's a whole other ball game.

Damn, just when I thought I'd decided to go fish-less I found an awesome little fish I think would fit great! Now just to see if I can get Vivid to find one for me...

Anyone know anything about the Yellow Striped Clingfish? I've done some reading and it sounds like they're a lot like pipefish with their feeding habits and pair with longspine urchins (although apparently not required) which would be too big for this tank. Bad idea? Any opinions?

Here's the Slow Globe Paly I fragged for this tank and it's mother colony:

3938487523_e2ec043087.jpg

3938483045_33103cd10d.jpg

Acan Rotundoflora (Maria, can you give me a price ruling on this one? It's pretty tiny, if you need something to compare it to let me know):

3938487067_d9d1b1a557.jpg

Got my massive shipment from Marine Depot today. Anyone else care to comment on the $800+ spent on equipment for this tank?? lol

P.S. - After the contest everything including the equipment is being moved to a larger tank

Well, I should have had an update tonight but my GD ReefKeeper Lite isn't working once I upgraded the firmware and of course DA's support and instruction manuals suck major a$$ so I can't do $hit. I'll have to hit them up tomorrow. DA seriously needs to hire a technical writer. Their info is useless as best.

Lookin good. Can't believe the contest actually started haha

Thanks.

No kiddin! I snuck outta work early today to finish everything off. Shhh...

I also got a shipment of corals today, got a pretty cool Deepwater Lobo and a single Darth Maul paly.

great aquascapin! Fill that mother with some corals! lol

Soon enough my friend.

I've gotta say this RKL system with the pH, salinity, temp monitoring and ATO is pretty damn sweet. VERY easy to set up and should make my life a hell of a lot easier running the Viper light.

Just keep an eye on the temp probe, mine was fine for 2-3 weeks than the probe went bad, pain since it kept turning my heaters & lights off.

Yeah, I've got another thermometer running along with it for that reason alone. Calibrated my other iTemp probe on my 40g yesterday and it was off by about 1.5 degrees.

Did you get the RKL-3 package? Or get the salinity and pH probes after? I am going to get the RKL-1 el cheapo package soon. Probably $100 well spent from what I've read.

Did you get the RKL-3 package? Or get the salinity and pH probes after? I am going to get the RKL-1 el cheapo package soon. Probably $100 well spent from what I've read.

I bought the RKL-1 package and the SL2/probes separately. Unfortunately the SL2 will never be included in one of the packages so if you want salinity monitoring you don't have much of a choice.

I highly recommend it, especially with the ATO setup they've got. Running the tank for only 24 hours I lost 16oz. of evap. so it's a must for me.

Archived