Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Podpimp's SPS SOLANA

PODPIMP

What's up everybody! I just pick up my ati 6x24w. Took it out of the box, man this things is awesome. I will set it up tomorrow. Love your tank!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pismo I will take new pics of the scoly soon :)

Reefman if you have pic of it running please post

theqnguyen thanks! I am winning the battle at the moment. Using Kent MG seems to really be working.

Reefman I used toggle bolts (in the ceiling) from my local hardware store. I don't remember the size

treygarz, I purchased the ATI powermodule from Reefgeek.com. If you have any questions about the fixtures I recommend giving them a call. They're very helpful.

Mikedege, thanks dude. I'm sure your solana will kick a$$ soon!

How high is the lightfixture from the tank?

1 1/2" from the top of the tank. If I raise it too high I get too much light spray into the room.

The tank looks amazing!

What do you do when you need to get inisde the tank. Also have you noticed any less evaporation. . . how much do you have in a day?

One last thing. I'm looking into an AIO or DIY. If you had to do it all over again, would you go with the Solana (or a different AIO) or just do a DIY?

The tank looks amazing!

What do you do when you need to get inisde the tank. Also have you noticed any less evaporation. . . how much do you have in a day?

One last thing. I'm looking into an AIO or DIY. If you had to do it all over again, would you go with the Solana (or a different AIO) or just do a DIY?

Thanks Xander

When I have to get in the tank I pull the fixture up high on the hanging cables. The hanging kit comes with stoppers on the wire so the fixture can easily be hung at any height.

Not sure about evaporation. If there is a change since changing to T5's it is minimal.

I would go with the solana 100% if I had to do it again. I don't like the filtration systems on any AIO setups so the solana was the best choice for me. This tank was delivered to my door for $260. I pulled all the crap out of the back and added a deltec simmer, phosban reactor, heat, and auto top off. I am very happy with the look and function of the solana.

hth,

Rich

One of my monti caps was red, now pink. Do you see any change in your corals?

Is this just the appearance from the bulbs or did the cap actually fade in color to pink? Did any of your other corals lighten up?

Is this just the appearance from the bulbs or did the cap actually fade in color to pink? Did any of your other corals lighten up?

I'll look at it from the top of the tank but it looks pink from thr front.No change in other corals.

awesome setup. i'm planning on using a phosban reactor on my 24g NC. can you show me how you have yours set up? what kind of pump are you using?

-carlos

9th wonder I have a MJ400 running the reactor. No fancy setup for it or anything. It's hanging on the back of the tank.

myzislow good to see you here buddy. It's Jackson6745 from reefcentral incase you couldn't tell by the tank. You should post a tank thread here. Your nano is awesome!. It must be one big sunset monti by now..LOL

Archived