ReefCleaners.org

Podpimp's SPS SOLANA

PODPIMP

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey pod looking great still! Got a question for ya? How did you attached your sps or corals to your rock arms above. I try to super glue gel but it is not working for me. Did you had to take out your rock scape to be able to glue it? I'm curious on how to do. I just finish scaping my rock. :)

Thanks MGDMIRAGE and Acan Lord :)

d'Espresso I use IC gel to glue the frags to the branch. I put a glob of glue on the frag out out of water, dip the glue drop in the water and blow on it (a white skin will form). Then I press the frag against the rock and twist until I feel it grab. All my frags were glued this way and they hold pretty tight.

hth,

Rich

Just a couple random shots :)

This one has been coloring up nicely under the T5's (no idea what it is)

DSC_0005-3.jpg

Whole setup

DSC_0042.jpg

EXPENSIVE!!!! Me likely! and will try to getting.

I think I might have to sell my mp40w too...It looks like it might be too much for a solana :(

Thanks pismo

Spankthepyro IMO the mp40 would definitely be too much. You would have to run it way dialed back. The flow from the MP10 full is even too much. On a pulse setting I get a nice wavemaker effect and don't destroy corals directly in its path.

Incredible job! The colors are so vibrant. Extremely nice job. This is a TOTM for sure.

Thanks :mellow: I don't feel it's TOTM worthy at the moment. I have a bunch of hair algae on my rocks that I am fighting to clear up and everything was just transfered from a 24gal 1 1/2 months go so nothing is fully incrusted. Hopefully everything continues as it's going and I grow this tank chock full of acros. :P

I can tell you that it is a lot more difficult growing out this nano that my old 120g. My 120g grew no matter what I did to it. All my parameters have to be perfect in this nano or growth comes to a halt.

• 4 weeks later...

Still battling hair algae on my rocks but the tides have turned. I tried keeping my nutrient level VERY low but the HA still grew. I tried clean up crews + seahares and the HA still grew. I tried using Algaefix marine.....that slowed growth a little and made the HA's grasp on the rock kind of weak. I also began using Kent Magnesium to raise my MG levels. It seems whatever algae I manually remove doesn't grow back. I am also seeing some strands of HA free floating in the tank ( I remove as much as I can).

So the HA is not totally gone but I conquered 70% of it. Hopefully I fully eradicate it in the next month or so.

Here's a pic from OCT 13

DSC_0009-3.jpg

and new ric I got today :)

DSC_0003-2.jpg

ugh I want to get a 6x24w ati for my solana too but like $700 thats crazy!

The good stuff is always $$$$ in all aspects of life. Sucks but that's the way it is. Make a lot of $$$ and get what you want......or just run up your credit cards ;)

SpankythePyro
The good stuff is always $$$$ in all aspects of life. Sucks but that's the way it is. Make a lot of $$$ and get what you want......or just run up your credit cards ;)

I can afford it, I just can't justify it. Something not many americans can do lol

SpankythePyro

Dear Podpimp,

You will be pleased to note that once I have sold my mp40w. I will be getting an ATI 6X24w" sunpower. It may not have 3 fans (has 2), but it is cheaper and lighter, while not as aesthetically pleasing :P Now all I'll have to decide from is 2 of the 3, mp10, sapphire skimmer, $200 of corals lol.

Yours truely,

Spanky

Dear Podpimp,

You will be pleased to note that once I have some my mp40w. I will be getting an ATI 6X24w" sunpower. It may not have 3 fans (has 2), but it is cheaper and lighter, while not as aesthetically pleasing :P Now all I'll have to decide from is 2 of the 3, mp10, sapphire skimmer, $200 of corals lol.

Yours truely,

Spanky

good job spanky, that's wonderful.

Pod, this is truely the best money investment in such a great fixture, tank, and corals layout. Happy late birthday.

Dear Podpimp,

You will be pleased to note that once I have some my mp40w. I will be getting an ATI 6X24w" sunpower. It may not have 3 fans (has 2), but it is cheaper and lighter, while not as aesthetically pleasing :P Now all I'll have to decide from is 2 of the 3, mp10, sapphire skimmer, $200 of corals lol.

Yours truely,

Spanky

Spanky that is awesome! You're gonna love it! In appearance the 6x24 ATI looked brighter than my 250w sunpod with 20k bulb. I think you made the smart move with the sunpower. I don't think 1 extra fan will effect light output at all.

ttyl,

Rich

good job spanky, that's wonderful.

Pod, this is truely the best money investment in such a great fixture, tank, and corals layout. Happy late birthday.

Thanks d'Espresso and thank you for the belated b-day wish :)

SpankythePyro

4xblue plus 1x GE 6500 and 1 Fiji purple, unless he has changed em out. I'm using the same combo except super acintic instead of fiji purple

Sorry I get all excite, my tank is coming tomorrow! Hopefully it isn't broken!

Archived