Coral Vue Hydros

Markushka's 20Hex

Markushka

so I noticed my longspine devoured the flesh off of one of my acro frags, I though these guys were reef safe ecxecpt for eating coraline. he may have to be moved to my QT

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tank looks good, wanna see tha skimmer in action!

thanks man, I wanna see it done too. I just need to get the airstone, and then i'll be ready to seal it up. I'll try and get it tomorrow.

on another note I'd like to thank violinist for making a sig for me. and since i cant put it up in my sig yet (NR is showing an error message) I'll post it here first.

markushka.jpg

now just to get it to work

this is the error I get:

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

its rather silly since the url is in the proper format and i'm not changing anything else.

I dunno, i just think NR is being silly, didn\'t work in windows too.

you know, i think the problem is that the file is called markushka.jpeg and it adds another .jpeg on that so it turns out to be markushka.jpeg.jpeg and thats an illegal file name. lets see if I can fix it that way.

turns out NR didn't like the ticker. oh well the sig is much cooler.

and now for something actually about the tank. I did a bit of tweaking with the scape and now I have it just how I like it.... so far :) (i'm tired so pics tomorrow, I promise)

The urchin's been banished to the QT since he devoured my acro frag :angry: and he has plenty of GHA to graze on there.

I think I should start a thread for my QT since it starting to grow into a NPS/peaceful nano. Its a 10g aga and I have some chilli coral and some black sun coral as well as the banggais and mandarin (who's eating frozen now quite well now, and putting on some weight :D)

Well now I stopped being lazy and did two things: Scraped my glass clean with a razor :) and went to the LFS to get that airstone. Well the glass is clean but still don't have an airstone :( They dont carry them but they're ordering me one. so the skimmer is being put off again. lets hope for next friday <_<

Now for some pics omgomgomg

someone's watching...

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

oh and this was before I cleaned the glass

DSC_0008.JPG

little sis took this pic

DSC_0036.JPG

FTS

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

rear view

DSC_0056.JPG

ac70 Fuge FTS

DSC_0060.JPG

some of my poor attempts at macros

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

Frag shelf

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

further down

DSC_0075.JPG

The maroon

DSC_0082.JPG

The whole thing

DSC_0112.JPG

well yes, but the nitrates are at or close to 0 constant. hopin' to relive the bioload when I go back to college next semestre. The foxface is definitely being rehoused. I want to leave just the sixline in there, but my mom doesn't want me to get rid of anything so as of yet i'm not sure how it's going to play out.

I decided to redo my sump a bit. it's a bit hard to put baffles in now and i'd have to take the tank off the stand to take the sump out so i'm improvising.

I decided to pull that awful algae screen, it was just becoming a hassle. put in a container to act as a baffle of sorts and some chaeto. I also added an AC 50 as return powerhead in addition to the MJ1200, but i'll be switching it out for another MJ1200 as soon as I get the replacement impeller housing from mr. fosi.

As to the skimmer, all works been halted while i'm waiting for the LFS to get a wooden airstone in for me. hopefully they'll have it tomorrow so I can finish this build friday.

Edit: got snowed in today. skimmer project is on hold indefinitely.

so that last scape was a bit shakey so I redid it :D

I've really gotta keep my hands outta my tank.

I've also replaced the AC50 I had running as a return with a MJ1200 so now I have two of em. maybe its a bit too much flow.... and i'm hoping my overflow will be able to handle it... :scarry:

Pics tomorrow when the light go on.

the overflow wasn't pulling it at first, I had a splitter on the return hose to make more flow in the sump but the 1/2 inch tubing has too small of a diameter to handle 2 MJs so the tank overflowed the top :scarry: I was still there fiddling with it so I caught it fast and there wasn't much of a spill...

It was still cloudy when I shut the lights off and pics are better with the MH on :D

Looks good. I hope that chaeto does you some good. I am surprised that none of your LFS have it... I would sell some to them when yours grows out. ;)

Archived