Yellow-StripedClingfish.jpg

MyFirstClam.jpg

And Lastly

ll

\ /

V

turned out to not be reef safe so I had to take him out

IMG_3304.jpg

lol seriously though, he's tried at least twenty times to drink out of the tank since I set it up...aometimes I catch him before hand, if not he walks around licking his chops like he does when he gets a toad(which he always drops cause they taste like $hit) for about an hour... also begs for algae wafers :blink:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

Some more pics....

clam

GoldenMaximap1.jpg

I found where my PAC likes to hide (behind the cup coral)

PorcelainAnemoneCrab.jpg

Saw my algae eating nudi today

Nudibranch.jpg

progression of FTS:

9/14/09

FTS9-14-09.jpg

9/27/09

FTS9-27-09.jpg

still need to take one with the clam in there and the latest rearrangements.

I didn't spot my clingfish today....the little bugger is very little...and I don't think he's eve noticed cuttles yet lol. hopefully I'll spot him tomorrow.

FTS9-27-09.jpg

I like this one the best. Nice sponge. How much did you pay for it?

thanks PF. wait ti'll I get a current one with the clam in it. My LFS had the sponge priced as a coral(mix up on their dealers end) at flat coral rate of $39 per coral no matter what (which kicks a$$ when they get these huge colonies in like that 6" cup coral or the brain in the left corners). since I'm in there as frequently as I am (its less than 5min. from my house, and the owner knows his stuff) I was able to talk him about selling me the sponge and yellow polyps in the back left by the cup as one peice...so for the short answer $20.

Nice. i notice you have quite a few macros. Any particular reason?

I like the way they look. I find it a more natural occurring look of a reef with some macro on it. the ulva and the neomeris were HH and the fan and red macro came from John. Also, not that I have lots of pest algal growth, but they do also help derive other unwanted algae of nutrients... I love it when form and function go hand in hand.

great thread, thanks for sharing.

so clingfish was locatable though hiding today, and "slept" out in the open till I took a couple of pics and then went hiding again :D Good signs of acclimating to my tank! Also got a FTS (new sigi and will post some pics tomorrow if I get the chance including some great ones of my clam

Very nice! The clam looks great. I am still too scared to get one (plus I am out of room lol). That sponge is awesome! The color is just hypnotic.

Very nice! The clam looks great. I am still too scared to get one (plus I am out of room lol). That sponge is awesome! The color is just hypnotic.

thanks opy. Im still scared about him since hes so small lol. And I know exactly what you mean by out of room. The clingfish is hiding a bit more out in the open where he's easier to see and so is the nem crab. The sponge is actually doing great. Its coloured in more and I'm already seeing some growth, which is lessening my paranoia about them since they are considered to be up there with gonipora(sounds like a disease :lol:), electric flame scallops, lettuce nudis, sea stars...etc. in impossibility to keep. more pics to come later tonight.

PICS :D

FTS

FTS10-4-092.jpg

FTS10-5-09.jpg

LTS:

STS-left.jpg

Cuddles: gotten bigger :)

Cuddles.jpg

Porcelain Anemone Crab:

Cuddles.jpg

PAC2.jpg

PAC1.jpg

Cling fish:

PAC1.jpg

Clingfishhiding2.jpg

Clingfishhiding1.jpg

New Ric. Yuma: This ones in the 45 but some babies in the 10g - 3"

PGric3.jpg

Clam:

GoldenMAximap3.jpg

GoldenMaximaClamtv2.jpg

Goldenmaximatv1.jpg

Cup coral:

Cupcoral.jpg

Cupcoral2.jpg

Unknown Brain:

unkownbrain.jpg

unknownbrain2.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed them as much as I do! B)

FBC

pimp4cheddar

Damn...nice corals.

I've never checked out your tank before...but it's going good.

And yea...after reading all 5 pages Cuddles did get bigger :naughtydance:

Damn...nice corals.

I've never checked out your tank before...but it's going good.

And yea...after reading all 5 pages Cuddles did get bigger :naughtydance:

thanks pimpin....yeah he really did get bigger and the bugger finally got me today. a bit dissapinting actually, I was kinda expecting more umph. but just initial pain of entry and then an unpleasant burning throbbing sensation....uh oh ;)

damn LA sent me another bum nem crab. this time he kicked it before the 14 days. I didn't really see him feed to much. I'm hoping they'll have good customer service and at least replace this one.

Just edited a bunch of pics from both the 10 and 45, including some cool ones of HHs. will post later on this weekend.

So after a week my urchin clingfish finally realized theres an urchin in my tank :lol: They're slowly forming the symbiotic bond and the clingfish is swimming about the tank much more frequently know. Occasionally I see him clinging to the rock work upside down o.O

That clingfish is pretty cool, very interesting fish. +1 on leaving macros in the tank... I love the variety of algaes, bare rock looks unnatural (probably why people keep telling me I need an emerald crab when I already have one :lol: ).

the clingfish is really cool, although he hasn't popped out for about a week...I really hope he is alright. Got some awesome pics and a colony of sun coral polyps

new stuff update:

got two nice chalice frags - no pics yet

bad pic of the "moon Dancer" acans - trust me they look a lot better than this

IMG_3651.jpg

2 duncan heads - freebie

Duncan10-22.jpg

Duncan10-23.jpg

it looks like the bigger one may split into 2 soon :fingerscrossed:

Sun coral -heelzya

SunCorallightsout10-23.jpg

last shot of the clingfish before he went mia

Clingfishonneomeris.jpg

sweet shot of the maximas mantle from top

GoldenMaximatopshot10-12.jpg

GoldenMaximatopshot10-20.jpg

Also I went to move some stuff around and the amount of micro-brittle stars astounds me. I'm also fragged a branch of kenya tree and my ulva

Sun Coral XD. I wonder where your clingfish went. :mellow: .

I haven't done a polyp count on the suns yet but I'd guess around 30+

I wish I knew where he went. Either hes decided to hide, or he kicked it and my hermit and nass. got the body...I haven't seen a trace of him for awhile now :( I really funkin hope hes hiding

Heres 2 more pics scratched of the upload list......mmmm shrimp

Acan-Dinner2.jpg

Acans-Dinner1.jpg

Taken several weeks back: I fed the back two first/ They each got a shrimp don't let the pick fool you. The one on the right ate its head first and the left one @$$ first....kinda reminds me of mario though-pop in one tube and out the other ;)

Anyways hope you guys enjoy this one as much as I do :D

I don't think they burrow...could be wrong though.

anyways guess whos getting more corals tomorrow witha $15 fire shrimp and a $30 corcea ;)

Archived