Cultivated Reef

FBC's 10 Gallon Frag Tank

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

unfortunately none of the pics came out, but after figthing the brine shrimp for 42 mins, the favia finally got the b#####d. Very amusing :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some new zoas from coral fanatics today. when the colonies are fully open, I'll snap some pics. Should be getting my flasher wrasse in the mail tomorrow to, with a porcelain nem crab, and a sweet mushroom rock w/ 4or5 variations on it.

Nice! Why didnt you just drive to mr.coral? :lol:

because having a restricted liscense is a biatch!!! I can only got to work so I can afford all this, I would love to check out what they have in their store in person though.

some one set you up the bomb,

nice tank

thanks dude, always love a compliment on the tank, and its good to see that someone other than jacobnano and psychosis read this :P

so updates:

-Got a great shot of all 5 legs of the micro brittlestar out, now I just need to fina a way to relocate him into my rockscaping.

-My three colonies from coral fanatics came in, and the colonies look great-kedds reds,watermelons, and pinkmouth w/ pink/purple center. looking pretty dam good and two of them are full enough where I might just have to cut a couple frags out of the middle soon. have pics but to tires'n'lazy to upload them to PB toninght.

-My McKossers Flasher Wrasse for my 45 comes tomrrow as well as my porcelain nem crab for my 10g and a sweet mushroom colony w/ (from what I could tell by the pic.) green stripped, green polka-dotted,teal,red,hairy shrooms on it. Will have updated both threads tomorrow.

-Finally set my 36" Sunpod up over my 45

heres the new porcelain nem crab :D

IMG_2523.jpg

the shroom rock turned out great!!! the lobo was bleaching a little from too much light so its now in the 45 w/ my M F Wrasse under an overhang so it won't get direct light

thanks dude, always love a compliment on the tank, and its good to see that someone other than jacobnano and psychosis read this :P

Oh har har. Say the word and I'll never come here again.

Haha. Le sob, le cry.

Pics of colonies/mushroom rock?

hey psych, dont be goin all sensative on me know*JK

hows your tank recovering from the unfortunate incidents?

yeah the rocks got several different variations of shroom, I just have been to lazy to take good shot and upload it. maybe after my water changes though....and feel free to come by any ole time buddy, that is unless there's a tie on the door ;)

So I jsut finished the WC and went to feed the corals w/ a new food mix, and everyone in the tanks was going ape$##t. I took a little SW and threw in three ml of DT's and crumbled up some freezedried hikari vitamin enhanced brine shrimp and let it all dissolve. The corals loved it, esp. the shrooms, they were cupping upwards to get even more, chalice, zoas, favia, the acans look a little beiggger than before ;), ric.. The "zombies" came out immeadiately, and a little slower to come out was the porcelain. even my cerith, asteria, and nerite were crawling over the sand where the spirulina/phyto was settling. :D

Def. gonna keep this up if I continue to get such a great reaction instead of just plain ole DT's. Also looking forward to feeding my lobo some of this tonight as well as live BS of course.

edit=oh yeah the HH feather dusters and micro bs where also further extended and sucking back in to get as much food as possible too.

Its actually doing much better. Convenientally enough, a guy was having monti eating nudi problems, and decided to give away his livestock free. I just broke out in to SPS. The tank looks at least 10,000 times better. I even have an Acro that's doing great. I've plucked off a few of the nudis, and it looks like the population is all most non existant for now. I also got a sweet mushroom rock I think you'd appreciate. I've never seen another mushroom quite like it.

I'll have to try that food mix, it sounds like something my tank could use. My Micro brittle army would appreciate that as much as the coral I think.

edit: If there is a tie on the door, I'll knock twice and then steal the frags while you're occupied. Haha.

Go for it, thats the best feeding reaction I've gotten from my corals yet!

glad to hear everything is goin better in the tank!!!!!!!!!! you need to resurrect your tank thread, I'd love to see what it looks like know. also lets see these shrooms your talking about. Mines got, greens, green striped, green dotted, reds w/ bumps, purples, pinks(although these are all small so I'm guessing they are either going to turn red or purple. The rock is actually populated w/ a couple that are splitting too that its at the point where I think I'm going to have to cut some of them off and get them to attatch to some rock rubble just so the smaller ones won't die off from complete lack of light.

I can't describe them, really. I'll try a pic in stead. I wonder if my tank thread even made it through the database loss, I haven't checked. I can tell you I have 4 of the 6 mushroom varieties on that rock though :P

edit: Sorry for the threadjack. You should take pics next time your corals are having a feeding reaction like that.

sweetness, we'll have to do a shroom swap one of these days. Oh and check out my Flasher Wrasse in da 45 g thread, he hid for all of 2 hours and as soon as I fed the tank he shot right out and hasn't been shy since, fast as f###ing lightning to - hes even hard to follow w/ your eyes when he bolts. On sale for $35... now I just need to find him 1-2 females and give a crack at breeding em.

I'm thinking of possibly starting a thread just for all the corals that way I don't have a bazillion shots in each thread

so while making room on the shroom rock by cutting of a couple shrooms I took my feeding needle(never had to use it against pest nems :P ) I squirted some water over the shrooms just to keep them from being too slimy and saw this ba###rd moving aroun so I gently got him off the rock to take these pics and moved him to a better rock w/ lots mor hiding crevices for him.

I have named him tiger. now to figure out what species he is...

IMG_2540.jpg

pic for scale of size

IMG_2545.jpg

also got this guy off the rock and moved him to a better more permanent niche for him to grow as well.

(feather duster tube)

IMG_2538.jpg

finally pics of my new shrooms and zoa colonies.

Shrooming time: $###ty pics - sorry

green spotted and reds

IMG_2535.jpg

green, green striped, purple, and pink(hard to see from this angle)

IMG_2532.jpg

new zoas:

kedd's reds,

IMG_2549.jpg

whamin watermelons -note the open one juts belowand a little left of dead center. I love the colour mutation and hope a couple more just like it bud from it.

IMG_2551.jpg

and i'm callin the last one pink eyes

IMG_2550.jpg

thought I'd share this cool one of my ric under the moonlights

IMG_2553.jpg

On tuesday I should be getting 1 cavernous glow favia, 1 miami hurrican enchita, and a free frag of cool looking aussie zoas. (I couldn't figure out how to order on the site, but it should be buy one get one free so can't wait for tuesday.

so it appears tha not onlyis tiger my coolest HH (that I know of yet) but it also seems to just be a small tiger-striped brittle sar instead of a micro bs. that would just be kick @$$ and fine with me. If he turns out to be a fish eating psychopath when he gets bigger, I'll just set up an invert only tank for him.

another new stuff update w/ pics

Miami Hurricane Enchita:

IMG_2588.jpg

Cavernous Glow Favia: (w/ bivalve HH which is actually pretty cool to watch filter feed)

IMG_2582.jpg

New Zoas: Aussie zoas from MrCoral haven't opened up enough for me to get a good shot

New colony from my LFS 100+p for $40 :D :D :D

IMG_2591.jpg

close up of polyps

IMG_2590.jpg

and $6 yuma(just a mm or 2 shy of 3" diameter B):

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

You guys have been talking up a storm in here!

Miss me? Haha I kid.

Nice new colorful stuff, like the zoas and I really like the hurricane. Also, I have a brittle just like that! I call it "Zebra" <- I really don't ;)

hey man great to have you back. how was N'Orleans??

Yea got lots of new stuff :D including a flasher wrasse in the 45G check out the picks when you get a chance

It was awesome. But, with temps being near 100 and humidity being around 100% it was pretty damn..well...sweaty lol.

There were 37,000 youth there, it was insane. The superdome was crazy with all of them in there. Went on a swamp tour too, gonna post some crappy cell pics and probably some from my youth leaders beasty DSLR camera.

Gonna go look right now ;)

I really need to update my FTS , it looks soooo different. Oh yah in case you skipped a page I got me a Procelaine Nem. Crab too :)

Your thread is only one page long for me, I am a reef ninja ;) (Its a setting that makes this site soooo much easier)

Yes you do, you gots corals now!

yeah, I really ought to update the whole master list of everything I have now

Losses and Gains update: Unfortunately me PNC died (i think). pretty sure its not a molt due to the fact that it looked like it still had one of the fans they use to filter feed on the shell, and my Nass. is crawling all over it as we speak. also it hadn't moved for a day and a half(it liked to say in the same spot for a day or two and then go to a dif one). I guess I'll find out once I get back from the beach if he's still kickin or not.

My Aussie Zoas opened all it polyps fully (finally, so damn good looking).

I got another $6 yuma even larger than the one I got yesterday.

Found a small pink/puple shroom that had detatched from the shroom rock aas well as a tiny yuma that must have come in w/ the first one.

the owner of my LFS gave me a free kenya tree frag and a gsp frag(its not doin to hot, but he said if it didn't make it he'd cut me a deal on this huge frag they have.)

and lastly got my first non-HH feather duster:

IMG_2609.jpg

Archived