inTank Media Baskets

FBC's 10 Gallon Frag Tank

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

Lol. O thats too bad those things are really cool, I am thinking about getting one for my 5.5g.

Are you sure it wasn't its molt? They look almost identical to the crab and it will hide after it molts.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it might be, It fed like crazy on all the shizit i feed my corals, although it looked like there was an eye(could be just a grain of sand) and one of its filter apendages. that with the zombie trying to eat its brains(jk) leads me to think it might. however, I am ever hopeful that it is a molt. However I am leaving town sun till next sun, so I'll find out then.

Def. get one, or a pompom crab

I do too. while your at it, he lost one of his large claws during shippin so cross your fingers that if it is a molt he'll gwo it back and be complete again. fingerscrossed

I'm also thinking of ordering another species from Sea Life Inc. and maybe a scarlet hermit. once i set up my 6.5 hex/quaranteen or maybe a pico , im def. gonna order some lr from them. theirs is supposed to have insane amounts of life on them and just looks great

Ya, they have tons of weird stuff on their rock. A guy even got a fish once lol. If you get a mantis let me know, I am looking for one :)

How are you planning on lighting the hex?

I have about, oh, 3 of those. I wonder if mine are actually small tiger brittles...

I pulled a leg off of one for funsies.

I'm a sick man.

Tank looks great any way.

if i get a mantis he's staying in there ;) although a free fish would be kick @$$

Thanks psych...I was actually wondering the same thing. that would be pretty cool though. If anything I'd split it so it has part of the stomach and makes 2 mtbs

eventually once the kenya tree and gsp actually look worth taking a pic i'll post some. however the aussie zoas look so sick, justr haven't been able to get a good pick yet.

so to update...

shrooms galore +1 fl ric&3 yumas, 2 favias,2 acans, a chalice and a a lot of zoas. micro-tbs, cuddles, feather duster, porcelain nem crab???, 5 snails

THX :D It def. looks like it. I need to update my FTS. other than the algea problem and the mushrooms in cups, it looks soo good.

I know this has been asked but how do you embed a link into youur sig pic?

The algae issue should go away in time. Since I cut back my feather caulerpa I am beginning to get some cyano issues in my tank. Grr, but what caulerpa I left is growing new shoots quickly.

When you go to the signature area, there should be a button, like in the fast reply area that states insert link and has a plus sign.

Click on the insert link, then when the code comes up, before the [/a], if you have a picture to use, then put the insert image in there.

Where the updated FTS you promised? lol You are so lucky you get nice HH on your stuff. All I have gotten in some aptasia and 3 feather dudters... and some worms. All your stuff is looking awesome!

P.S. I did read the first page, but I like looking at that pic twice lol.

• 1 month later...

thanks Opy.

Long story short went on vacation and then my comp crashed. its back up and running and when I have the time I'll do a full update on my tank threads...Its good to be back :)

FBC

I was wondering where you went. I was out for almost a week and that seemed like a long time then I noticed its been over a month since I posted here last lmao. Every time I see your av I think about my two hitch hikers that were almost double the size of yours. Havent seen one of them since I put them in the tank and the other just stays in a hole and never comes out. You see your guy much?

I was wondering where you went. I was out for almost a week and that seemed like a long time then I noticed its been over a month since I posted here last lmao. Every time I see your av I think about my two hitch hikers that were almost double the size of yours. Havent seen one of them since I put them in the tank and the other just stays in a hole and never comes out. You see your guy much?

yeah, but its been a while. He usually has one spot where he can pop out in different places in this one rock and extends his arms out to feed. There is also a white one, but it likes to stay a little more hidden. they both wonder out on occasion

yeah, but its been a while. He usually has one spot where he can pop out in different places in this one rock and extends his arms out to feed.

Thanks, I was wondering if that was normal behaviour. Mine at the office does the same. I havent seen the one at home since day two of him moving in.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found another white brittle star about half as small as the other one during feeding today. Also, I'm just about finished with my AC20 mod. Will be posting several shots tomorrow and update both my threads( I know, I know, this isn't the first time I've said this). My starry blenny is finally used to the tank and was out in the open alot today. If you haven't seen him yet check out my 45g thread, I have two pretty good shots of him up.

FBC

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating, once again life has been very, very, hectic. Thanks to seabass I got $5 off my latest order from LA. I was going to order one of the teardrops, but of course it was gone -.-

On friday I should be getting my clingfish, as my LFS could never get one in. Another porcelain nem crab, and hopefully he won't be to banged up from shipment, and actually make it this time. and a baby golden maxima.

Other updates: got a sweet pinkish with green eyes brain of some sort. a couple zoa frags, a red legged hermit who hasn't been to big a pain so far. another stometella popped out of the wood work. moved my favias to the 45. got a couple small rics/ possibly yuma - purple with green spots.

and lastly a red ball sponge thats more red orange and has been doing well for the week I've had it. When I first started researching they were one i=of the critters I'd thought about stocking and gave up due to their fragile nature. However I know my LFS well (they only unload shipments when the owner is there and he's the only one that works with acclimating the corals) and they assured me it hadn't touched any air on their end. I made sure they put a f###ton of h2o in the bag so it would make it home safely, and babied the $hit out of more than anyone with paranoia would've until I got it in the tank. So far so good, and I really hope the porcelain decides to host it, as that would just look ssswwwweeeeeeeettttttt!!!! I will get pics up whenever I can catch a 30 min break in life, and trust me, there are lots of em.

Also working on a better sig.

thanks for reading,

FBC

So the shipments come tomorrow and I'm siked. Sorry no pics yet, but I'm trying to get em up before the weekend. Don't think I posted this up and I'm to tired and lazy to look back, but my ric sprouted another mouth about a month ago, and my MH enchita has grown several. Got some BA thats been popping up more frequently...I think my hermit has gotten a taste for em <_<. Also I will be getting a green sinulaaria frag and some chaeto for a local as soon as it heals up from the fragging...possibly some rics (huge too) and zoas from other locals as well. Just waiting to hear back from them..... I'm going to bed. Update once everyones in the tank tomorrow.

Thanks 1337. Yeah I got on, I just haven't had the time to upload it to my comp and photobucket yet.

So I got out of class early today and arrived at my house right as the fedex guy was setting it on the ground. Perfect timing! :D Temp acclimating is almost done and about to float and do SG acclimating

I really hope the clam makes it. I was a quite a bit unsatisfied with how they packed the ice pack under peanuts, against the bag the clam was in. Believe me the water in the bag was noteiceably colder to the touch than the bag the clingfish or PA crab were in.

Just back back from work and checked on everyone and they all appear fine. The Porcelain Anemone Crab is already filter feeding in his little crevice, the stripefish is checking out his new home and the clam was open slightly(I imagine because I've had my MH off and LED's on so its not opening fully. I'm gonna give em another hour or so before turning the lights back on.

Archived