SaltCritters.com

The Official All Solana Owner's Thread

d'Espresso

Yea saw a rumor about that on rc ...

Guess I waited too long to order a SA skimmer....

Guess I'm going to mod my stock one and see how that goes.

That tank is sick!!!...I love it!!!...But, the skimmer's did suck...IMO...

Well kinda glad im gettingthe Tunze now. From what im hearing people are having issues and needing parts. And no one can get in contact with them. I've even tried a few times.

Hi, i bought a sunpod 250W for my solana from a person on this site. It looks like the sun in my living room. I aso bought a tank on craigslist that had a 24" nova etreme T5 and we kinda like the light better from that. the fan though is hella loud (and it doesn't have individual reflectors).

my question is what is a good 24 inch T5 (we want to stay with 24 for bulb choice), that has adjustable arms to fit the 20" solana - we do not want to hang it? I found a couple, but can't tell if they can be adjusted for a narrower tank like the solana. can anyone confirm is they will or won't work?

- Finnex High Intensity LED/T5 HO

- WavePoint T-5 Light Fixture 24 inch

-Aquatinics Tx5 5x24

doing my first water change tonight since setting it up this past weekend. Nitrates are very very high :o

Aquatinics are really nice- too bad you didn't like the Sunpod-glad I did not sell to you- LOL wife mailed it on Saturday

Hi, i bought a sunpod 250W for my solana from a person on this site. It looks like the sun in my living room. I aso bought a tank on craigslist that had a 24" nova etreme T5 and we kinda like the light better from that. the fan though is hella loud (and it doesn't have individual reflectors).

my question is what is a good 24 inch T5 (we want to stay with 24 for bulb choice), that has adjustable arms to fit the 20" solana - we do not want to hang it? I found a couple, but can't tell if they can be adjusted for a narrower tank like the solana. can anyone confirm is they will or won't work?

- Finnex High Intensity LED/T5 HO

- WavePoint T-5 Light Fixture 24 inch

-Aquatinics Tx5 5x24

doing my first water change tonight since setting it up this past weekend. Nitrates are very very high :o

Hey Rich, thanks for letting me know when you mailed my check back, I feel a little uneasy with a $250 check out there.

The light is nice, but wow super bright, and stock bulb looks very blue to me. I didn't want to get locked in to the current extreme pro 20", due to lack of bulbs, but i bought a tank on craigslist this past friday that has a 24 inch fixture (nova extreme) and i didn't notice much light spillage and it looked fine on the solana. Will give the sunpod a week then decide. i've got a lot to learn in this hobby and have to start my build thread.

thanks for the guidance on the aquatinics, i've heard that one is nice, i don't think it has legs fit, but it says you can rest it right on the glass top.

- james

Aquatinics are really nice- too bad you didn't like the Sunpod-glad I did not sell to you- LOL wife mailed it on Saturday
TriggerHappyDude
Yea saw a rumor about that on rc ...

Guess I waited too long to order a SA skimmer....

Guess I'm going to mod my stock one and see how that goes.

Yeah they made some cool stuff...not just nano skimmers...

Sapphire-Aquatics-Custom-Overflow-Box-2.jpg

Another member of MARSH has generously let us use some pictures of his gorgeous 130-gallon rimless cube aquarium built by Sapphire Aquatics for this article. As you can tell from the photos, the tank was well thought out and the quality is amazing. The overflow box for the aquarium has two special sections where the dry side of an EcoTech Vortech pump can sit without getting wet. An ingenious design to say the least.
TriggerHappyDude
They should but most of them are too cheap.

I think if they (most companies), just offered "custom" services, they'd fit a small niche' of us out there.

Maybe they do and I just don't know about it, but imagine if say Current-USA would have a dept that would work with us on a Solana build where we could do something similar to above, that would be cool, sure you'd pay more of a premium, but anyone doing custom work knows that...I think it would great to have more companies offer that.

Yeah they made some cool stuff...not just nano skimmers...

Sapphire-Aquatics-Custom-Overflow-Box-2.jpg

That is an amazing tank for sure... Have you guys seen the thread on "the other site" for that tank? :o

B)

I think if they (most companies), just offered "custom" services, they'd fit a small niche' of us out there.

Maybe they do and I just don't know about it, but imagine if say Current-USA would have a dept that would work with us on a Solana build where we could do something similar to above, that would be cool, sure you'd pay more of a premium, but anyone doing custom work knows that...I think it would great to have more companies offer that.

I agree. This is why we mod. It would be nice if you did not have to do anything other then add water.

Ok so I got my Tunze skimmer today. I stuck it in the 3rd chamber as of now. Once I get the intank skimmer cup will it fit into the 1st chamber? Or does it only fit in the 3rd?

Ok so I got my Tunze skimmer today. I stuck it in the 3rd chamber as of now. Once I get the intank skimmer cup will it fit into the 1st chamber? Or does it only fit in the 3rd?

Its good there but the only problem is you have to stay on top of the water level because it fluctuates in that chamber unless you have an ATO if you do i would leave it there since it is the last line of filtration and will do the most good there...for 1st chamber you must remove the magnet and reattach it to the side of the unit and replace stock cup with the stevieT cup...

hmm what a pita, I thought there would be enough room to have the magnet on the side of the 2nd chamber

the water level wont be right for the skimmer...

SpankythePyro

you're not understanding me correctly..

skimmer in chamber 1 (overflow chamber)

magnet (the free magnet) in chamber 2, holding up the skimmer and its attached magnet in chamber 1

you're not understanding me correctly..

skimmer in chamber 1 (overflow chamber)

magnet (the free magnet) in chamber 2, holding up the skimmer and its attached magnet in chamber 1

here let me make it as clear as possible...

NO!

your statement the water level won't be right for the skimmer is incorrect then

1.look at the water level mark on the skimmer

2.now look at the water level in the 1st chamber

3.now line up the magnet to the wall on the 2nd chamber...

4.now tell me if i'm wrong...

dude i'm just tryin' 2 help you i've had the skimmer for over a year and i know where it works and dont by now...but its just like the the good book says you cant argue with the ignorant...lol...

Edited by DAHNIC561
SpankythePyro

lol well the problem is I don't have my skimmer anymore, sold it with my BC29 when I went to the 50 so I could get an octoxtreme200.

I was just making a conjecture. How would flipping the magnet to the longer side of the tunze help it? Are you talking about the lip in the 2nd chamber used to hold up the false floor/ceiling being where the magnet needs to go?