SaltCritters.com

ADIN TANK 75g

adinsxq

Should've sent it back and told them to send you a new one, and then proceed to shove the broken one where the sun don't shine. IMO.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acceptable is not good enough!! Glad he's sending you a new one though. How long did it take that one to get there anyways?

4 days. Ohio to CA

I can't read past 15PSI on the damaged gauge, which is not too terrible unless I change diffusor types.

Slapped on a little paint and glued most of the PVC this weekend. Very satisfying. Hopefully I'll be able to do a leak test and fire up the completed system next weekend!

It's not the greatest wood work I know. Best I could pull off with a hacksaw in my living room :D. Doesn't matter. The stand is going to be closed (kitten-proof) anyway... I just haven't figured out how yet.

66ywqd.jpg

3538i2u.jpg

OH YEAH. i added 10 cardinals and 4 otos.

it was supposed to be 11 and 5, but I turns out I can't count.

Nips, you should join SCAPE. There's a decent number of people from SD. They have a mini meet, once a month I think.

i cant even remember my sn for all these forums. el goog is tracking my habits and advertising junk id actually want this way

haha thanks. I really do need a smaller tank. but...as a noob, i'm deathly afraid of end of tank dump. it was also already full so that saved me a trip to the gas place

Yeah gotta keep it trimmed low or it gets pretty tall, once i let it go it was like 4" tall and super dense. I want to redo that tank with HC. Wish some local stores here carried it, I've had it shipped a couple times but was in bad shape when it got here.

Really nice start here Adin, I ran a freshwater planted for a while and really struggled with the same two issues you are experiencing. Keeping foreground plants planted, and the dreaded brown/green haze of algae. I genuinely believe that a truly gorgeous/clean freshwater planted is harder to maintain than virtually anything in the reefkeeping world (with the exception of non-photosynthetics.)

CO2 is definitely key, I hope your regulator has a quality needle valve. I came home from work or woke up in the morning a handful of times to find out that my needle valve slipped and flooded the tank with CO2, I never lost fish this way, but I found them gasping at the top of a few times.

If you end up looking for CO2 stuff, or just for general planted aquarium goods, Rex Grigg is a very active member of the planted aquarium scene, and runs a small store online. Great guy, and really quality products. He sells some dry ferts too, but I found the pfertz system much easier. Much like BRS sells bulk dry 2 part etc, some sites sell bulk Nitrates, Phosphates, Iron, Potassium, and Micros. They are definitely effective, and cheap, but Pfertz seemed way easier to dose daily and required no mixing. Was worth the money for me. The idea of adding Phosphate to a tank today makes me cringe.

Rex Grigg:

http://www.bestaquariumregulator.com/index.htm

Pfertz:

http://www.pfertz.com/

I got really carried away there, sorry if this is stuff you were already well aware of. I really enjoyed planted tanks for a while before I became frustrated enough to stop, I really found saltwater to be more forgiving. If I ever go back it won't be soon, and I would want to have obscene amounts of free time to crunch numbers and tinker with the tank.

Anywho, looks great, I'll be watching!

yeah i went through rex grigg's site before buying the regulator. a few things bugged me enough to look elsewhere. for example, his description for the check valve he sells:

"The basic brass check valve. Note that you have a choice of barbs. The barbs pictured work well with most types of tubing. But not the tubing I have. If you want the barbs pictured be sure to let me know. Otherwise you will get the barb that works with the tubing I sell."

i mean, WTH does that mean. I want to know who makes it, and the measurement of the barb fittings. don't get me wrong, the information he's made available is great, but come on.

i bought the CSM+B from aquariumfertilizers. ghetto site, but it was cheaper after shipping than GLA.

• 2 weeks later...
66ywqd.jpg

Added some... curtains? This is the "back" of the stand.

Not thrilled with the shelf, but I think I'll get used to it. Brackets are too shiny I think. Maybe a few Wabi-Kusa would make a nice cover up :P

Return pipe is ugly, I know.

4uw07o.jpg

Archived