SaltCritters.com

ADIN TANK 75g

adinsxq

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

good i guess. can't compare (of course) to a real macro lens.

there's a little too much (internal) over processing, but i can live with it... but most photos at full 4000x3000 resolution look pretty crappy

everything's getting a brown or green haze. time for "CUC"

surface has a nasty film so i added a mj400 to help with circulation. water level is way up to 8"!

i ordered some CSM+B and NPK (dry). on the hunt for CO2. keep going back and forth between a paintball setup and full size reguator/tank

2q1gkde.jpg

zthm9s.jpg

So you running a sump on this thing? Is this a standard 75? Also you gonna do co2? that should be fun with a sump hehe. Shoulda done Dwarf Baby Tears :P

good i guess. can't compare (of course) to a real macro lens.

there's a little too much (internal) over processing, but i can live with it... but most photos at full 4000x3000 resolution look pretty crappy

everything's getting a brown or green haze. time for "CUC"

surface has a nasty film so i added a mj400 to help with circulation. water level is way up to 8"!

i ordered some CSM+B and NPK (dry). on the hunt for CO2. keep going back and forth between a paintball setup and full size reguator/tank

2q1gkde.jpg

zthm9s.jpg

nice peektures.

OK so I bought most of the CO2 gear

(2) 20lb tanks. Nasty bulky steel. One came full, so I guess I'll use that and in the meantime sell the second, empty tank.

Regulator:

Micromatic single stage regulator

Clippard solenoid

Fabco NV-55-18 needle valve

Brass bubble counter

I don't know anything about regulators... but it was pretty so I ordered. I hope it arrives OK. Used.

Here's the sump. I know it looks like it was plumbed by a moron. I had good reasons to do this when it was supposed to be a reef tank... I had a lot more equipment to cram into this space. I don't even know if it will work. The output is split into so many directions. OH WELL WE'LL FIND OUT SOONER OR LATER.

25qejkn.jpg

OK so I bought most of the CO2 gear
Sweet; those 20lb tanks are pretty massive (yeah, that's what I have too). :) What are your plans for a diffuser? Will you be running it just during daylight hours, continuously, or switched on/off with a controller?

CM! Thanks!

Seabass: I have a generic class/ceramic diffuser I was just going put in the sump... and probably add a cover.

The regulator arrived. I am so bummed out. One of the gauges is bashed in.

9ir4ld.jpg

153nvwj.jpg

The more I look at it, the more upset I'm getting. I was looking forward to finishing the build this weekend.

Maybe they will ship you a new gauge based on your picture. Then you could use the regulator in the meantime and ship the damaged gauge back in the same box. :unsure:

Archived