Pod Your Reef

60 gallon plaything!

Aquanist

Not sure how I have missed this thread. Very nice looking growth on your corals. Your doing a great job.. and I love the new idea of converting the FW to salt etc etc. You could have one heck of a nice looikng fuger macro display with a 60 G sump.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Degener8, based on the comments received I suppose you're not the only one who's missed this thread. :lol:

But then again, I much rather have a well esteemed reefer drop in once in a while instead of someone using excessive amounts of smileys saying "cool" three times a day. Not pointing any fingers here. ;)

Loose cash leads to silly moves, some might say. I on the other hand stand proud behind my latest purchases. Nope, not yet new tank.

Placed an order to netherlands for:

- Australian plerogyra

- red trachyphyllia

- multicolored acropora millepora

- male pseudanthias squamipinnis

Wish I had enough space for them.. Should be small colonies instead of just frags.

Been a long time since I've seen this thread but your reef looks excellent and your pictures are great. I also totally love your South American freshwater tank i wouldn't tear it down!

That tank you posted looks like it would be a cool reef but why does it look so tinted?

Thanks MGDMirage! I like my SA setup too and I'm still contemplating about whether to take it down or not. It's just that it sits at a perfect place in my downstairs livingroom. And it's a little cooler downstairs than upstairs. SA thrives with occasional heat spikes up to 32 degrees celcius (not that I've ever experienced such) whereas the reef would like the constant lower temp. Plus with our new nano (literally, 2,5weeks old) reefer I'm trying to streamline the maintenance routines.

As for the linked tank I have no idea why it looks so dark. Having seen one IRL the craftmanship and overall quality seems top notch. And it's made of low iron glass.

WOOT? No pictures on this page? The atrocity!

Here's a sneak peek for what's to come... This is from my last trip to the airport... Making a new trip today. :happydance:

IMG_0094.jpg

I'll post some pictures tomorrow maybe... Oh and let's add one more coral to my "arrivals-list". Blue polyp branching montipora (digitata). :D

Count me in among those "that can't believe I missed" this thread! ;)

The tanks look great! The SA tank is really a beauty. Are there any discus? IMO, discus are as beautiful as any saltwater fish!

Can't wait to see what's in those boxes! Kinda like Christmas in June!

Those boxes weren't all for me. :) And that upper pic was taken 2,5 moths ago. Us local reefer's make direct orders to this supplier from time to time, so it's sorta group buy.

And here's poor iphone bluelight pictures of what little my order consisted of. Colors are just horrible and so is everything else as well. Pics taken minutes after acclimating as they've been just placed in my tank. Real pictures still pending. :lol:

kuva.jpg

kuva5.jpg

kuva4.jpg

kuva2.jpg

kuva3.jpg

<3 my Firefish

OMG!!! I'm going to set up a 40g fw tank! How do you do stuff like that!? Your reef also looks amazing! I'm completely jealous!!!

Should have known! Only just now I noticed the top pic of my squamipinnis if out of focus. Damn.

Well I take any excuse to upload more pictures.

That, my friend, is my BTA gone sleeping. :D It has chosen to live like a bat hanging upside down like that. During daytime it reaches up all inflated and looks just normal. :lol:

What is that beautiful fish? omgomgomg

That would be my Pseudanthias squamipinnis (lyretail anthias?) male. I ordered it from a wholesaler expecting to get a juvenile just beginning to colour up, but instead I got this 4 inch stunner! :D

Came up with this fantastic mod I'm kinda embarrassed I haven't even thought of before. I made my skimmer to draw in air from the inside of my ATI light fixture.

Didn't bother with pictures as it's pretty much just an air tubing going into the light. This has now been running for 6,5h and the fixture is running some 4 degrees cooler than before. I suppose the more air your skimmer draws, the more is has cooling potential.

Came up with this fantastic mod I'm kinda embarrassed I haven't even thought of before. I made my skimmer to draw in air from the inside of my ATI light fixture.

Didn't bother with pictures as it's pretty much just an air tubing going into the light. This has now been running for 6,5h and the fixture is running some 4 degrees cooler than before. I suppose the more air your skimmer draws, the more is has cooling potential.

Genius.

Love the Anthias.

Genius? Just a brain fart proven useful. :happy:

And thank you for your kind words! :flower: (Same goes for blokes, Nick)

Dank u voor uw reactie / merci pour votre commentaire. :D Not sure if you're from northern or southern parts of Belgium)

Archived