Coral Vue Hydros

Rocker's 10 gallon

Rocker

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ The purple ones are really cool under actinic lighting. Their skirts glow a hint of green & there's a cool neon pink ring on the inside.

Aww, everyone's Palys (and zoas) are growing 'scept mine :closedeyes: Though the smallest polyp has definitely gained size in the past few weeks, and they have colored up nicely.

I guess I need to find out what sort of growth rate to expect with my Paly frag... I suppose I need to do some research :lol:

I love those pink zoas :)

Aww, everyone's Palys (and zoas) are growing 'scept mine :closedeyes: Though the smallest polyp has definitely gained size in the past few weeks, and they have colored up nicely.

I guess I need to find out what sort of growth rate to expect with my Paly frag... I suppose I need to do some research :lol:

I love those pink zoas :)

I'm sure they're growing. Just give it time. I've heard certain types of zoas grow slower than others like some will grow a few new polyps each week while others a few each month.

Alrighty, I found out my brother had a dremel so off came the plugs! Well, the stem part anyways.

FTS:

ZoaFTS.jpg

Close-up of zoa placements:

ZoaLand.jpg

Going for a pink metallic ledge and purple hearted and hawaiian mint zoa islands. Can't wait till they start filling out & covering the rest of the plug.

Idk how this guy managed to escape my killing spree the other day, but he's pretty cool looking. Doesn't quite look like the other brownish clear aiptasia's that boiled in their glory that's probably why I missed him. He's definitely going down!

Aiptasia-1.jpg

They are sneeky little buggers. I had one escape Bulldozers rampage on my anthelia colony and ended up on the back of my overflow. Within a week of it being there it already multiplied.

Got a green clown goby today! He's a small little guy about an inch big. :D

GCG_Acclimating.jpg

GCG.jpg

Before starting up my tank this was actually one of the fishes I really wanted, but as time passed I forgot about these little guys esp. while checking out different LFS; never saw one in sight. But a few days ago I went to the LFS & the manager said someone put in an order for this fish & said he ordered a few more just incase others wanted them. Worked out great.

This will be the last fish unless one of the two dies *knocks on wood*. Now I just need a pom pom crab to finish off my livestock plans. Everything else added after the pom pom crab will be zoas/palys.

Rocker I'm so jealous of your pics! :P

I still can't get a good shot of mine... but he's at least coming out a little more. I bought him some mysis to go along with his pellets but I still haven't seen him eat. Great looking fish and welcome to the GCG club!

I want one!

Get one! :D

Rocker I'm so jealous of your pics! :P

I still can't get a good shot of mine... but he's at least coming out a little more. I bought him some mysis to go along with his pellets but I still haven't seen him eat. Great looking fish and welcome to the GCG club!

Good to know he's kind of warming up to his new home. Frozen mysis seems like the perfect size food for them eat. Hope you're able to feed & see him eat soon.

Idk if it's a good thing, but the little guy just hangs out in the front right corner of the tank. Hope it's nothing to worry about.

GCGhome.jpg

What a pretty fish! What's the name ? :D

Still trying to think of something cool that will match his crazy markings. Got any ideas?

Get one! :D

I think I might, but I was just reading up on them and it said they might nip at coral. Is yours bothering anything?

They do? I thought they just liked to perch on them esp. SPS. Mines hasn't done any damage yet, but he's probably still getting used to his new place.

You should call him Morris because a couple of his stripes remind me of morse code lol.

Haha if you didn't add in that bit about the morse code I wouldn't have thought that name was cool. It's growing on me though.

new zoas look sweet

They're super cool under actinics.

I was looking at the tank this morning & noticed that the green clown goby wasn't in his usual spot so I searched the tank high & low to find him in the back of the tank stuck to the AC70 intake tube colorless & dead. I examined his little body & noticed a big chunk was missing from his side. Idk if something lurking in the shadows got him or the CUCs tried attempt at doing their job. What a way to start the day.

R.I.P. Morris. Sorry to hear about that. It is always sad to lose a pet no matter how short of a time you have them.

:tears: Yeah it sucks. He was really warming up to the tank too. He usually just chilled on the rocks or sand & would sometimes go to his little corner up in the front when someone would be at the desk.

oh that really sucks but your tank still looks great!

How much did your lights cost?

Thanks.

Got the lights at Marine Depot. It's the 24" fixture. Here's the link w/ the price & info: http://www.marinedepot.com/24_inch_Current...TFIT54U-vi.html

Awww that sucks, losses are never awesome. I'm still worried about my new livestock, the first week or so is crucial I've heard. Cheer up, friend, it happens :flower:

I'm still jealous of your rock. ;)

Archived