Pod Your Reef

Mrs. Nanoty's 3g Picotope........

nanoty

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy chit! what a recovery :oomgomgomg

Lol, it was a sucess story. It was one of 2 frags that survived my nanocube crash when I was out of town and the AC quit, house and tank hit the 90s for a couple of days. It recovered in the 40 breeder but really took off in the pico.

Hi nanoty, what type of light do you have on top of that?

I am using the cheap Aquatraders 24w PC light. It was about $25 and works great on this little tank.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flatworms? Bad?

IMG_8832.jpg

Anyways, on to the real and slightly better pics.

IMG_8834.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8836.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

To give you an idea, here are the clove polyps I got from Fab when I recieved them and and then now.

IMG_8296.jpg

Today.

IMG_8839.jpg

IMG_8840.jpg

I've had those flatworms before and never really had them cause a problem.

Not totally sure, but I think the reddish colored flatworms may be more of a problem.

I like the stuff you have in this tank.

I'm gonna steal a page from your book and ask for a FTS purty pls. ;)

I've had those flatworms before and never really had them cause a problem.

Not totally sure, but I think the reddish colored flatworms may be more of a problem.

I like the stuff you have in this tank.

I'm gonna steal a page from your book and ask for a FTS purty pls. ;)

I haven't noticed any problems but just noticed them the other day.

Thanks for the props. The wife is mainly taking care of the maintenance but in reality it is the easiest tank I've ever owned. Another upside is it is packed full of corals that we've probably spent $150 total, lol.

There is a really crappy FTS on the last page from a few days ago but it is kinda dirty. I'll try to clean it up and get you a nice one Weetie.

Clear flatwerms are okay.... red/yellow are bad.

I read somewhere that the clear ones eat some enzyme in a particular algae.

you must have that kinda algae.

I'll see if I can find the article....

Edit: If you want them gone, raise yer Mg.

I love those cloves!!!I hope I can find some when it is time to stock my tank.

Give me a shout when you are ready and I'll see what I can do.

I can't do good ones either. :(

I mean it looks like total barf. My closeups are going to win any awards but at least they actually depict the stuff as it looks. The FTSs I just took today look like a tank that hasn't been cleaned in a month, shot through a windshield of an 18wheeler.

I mean it looks like total barf. My closeups are going to win any awards but at least they actually depict the stuff as it looks. The FTSs I just took today look like a tank that hasn't been cleaned in a month, shot through a windshield of an 18wheeler.

It can sometimes be difficult to get a good FTS with auto focus turned on. Cameras are really good at focussing on the glass and not what is behind the glass. If you can manually focus your camera on the coral, fish, or whatever else is behind the glass your FTS shots will usually turn out a lot better. Atleast in my experiences anyway. :D

Are those cloves open all the way? It looks like some are yet to open. I'd love a pic of them all open.

Maybe we can talk a frag pretty soon? :) :)

It can sometimes be difficult to get a good FTS with auto focus turned on. Cameras are really good at focussing on the glass and not what is behind the glass. If you can manually focus your camera on the coral, fish, or whatever else is behind the glass your FTS shots will usually turn out a lot better. Atleast in my experiences anyway. :D

Yeah, this point and shoot is ok but we are looking at a Rebel pretty soon.

Are those cloves open all the way? It looks like some are yet to open. I'd love a pic of them all open.

Maybe we can talk a frag pretty soon? :) :)

As far as I know, lol. That is how they usually look.

I'll toss a few small pieces of LR in them and let them spread on it. Should be able to pull out a few frags in a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

First vertebrate inhabitant.

Damn I hate taking pics of this tank. Tank is literally FULL of coral. I cannot find any more room for stuff. Wife said the magic words the other day, "I think I need a bigger tank". Lolz. I am thinking ADA myself although the curved glass looks nice, I just can't take pics at all.

IMG_8910.jpg

When you do get frags of those cloves let me know how much you want.It might be better to wait till the weather warms up though.lol

First vertebrate inhabitant.

Damn I hate taking pics of this tank. Tank is literally FULL of coral. I cannot find any more room for stuff. Wife said the magic words the other day, "I think I need a bigger tank". Lolz. I am thinking ADA myself although the curved glass looks nice, I just can't take pics at all.

What a woman!! just dont go to big.I went to a 220g years back and hated it.I couldnt reach the bottom of the tank and it really sucked.When I go big again I will go with a much shorter tank.

did you put any tiger pods in your tank? if so thats one of there three stages of life:) not flat worms. but if they are flats i wouldn't worry about them they look like harmless type.

Archived