ReefCleaners.org

Mrs. Nanoty's 3g Picotope........

nanoty

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's why you have this tank! :lol:

Lol, very correct Sue. Wife is super excited about the tank though. Nice to have a hobby we can share. I wanted a pico too but couldn't justify buying another tank. This is kind of like when I bought her a rifle for her birthday...........except she wanted the pico......

Lol, very correct Sue. Wife is super excited about the tank though. Nice to have a hobby we can share. I wanted a pico too but couldn't justify buying another tank. This is kind of like when I bought her a rifle for her birthday...........except she wanted the pico......

:lol: I hear you! I know she will soon be as hooked as the rest of us. Before you know it she will have her own screen name!

Before you know it she will have her own screen name!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg:haha::haha::haha:

I almost want to start a thread poll as to what the screen name would be !!! :D

good start.. that light fixture legs kinda weird. never seen one of those before! cool and welcome to NR - Pico!

good start.. that light fixture legs kinda weird. never seen one of those before! cool and welcome to NR - Pico!

Yeah I know, they are huge and I don't really like it but I don't see any way around it. I'll probably upgrade eventually but for now it works fine. Just looks kinda funny.

Threw the button polyps that looked like ass in my 40 in there and so far there isn't much of a change. I still need a few more lbs of LR but I haven't been able to get to the LFS.

Well the AC70 came in today (big thanks again to danktank) but apparently I hid my eggcrate from myself so I wasn't able to start modding it like I wanted to tonight. I'll pick some up tomorrow and take some pics of the same thing that everyone else does, lol.

I like the tank so far... should be cool.

Thanks, lol. There isn't much to look at but as soon as I get a little more rock in I'll take some new pics. I'd like to build some type of surface strainer for the AC but we'll see.

I got to work on the AC fuge today. I also added a few more lbs of LR and one of my mushroom rocks from my 40 breeder. Someday Qwank is going to send me some shrooms too..........right Jay?

Anyways, I was really just messing around with the filter and ended up just building a simple media basket. I don't know if it will stay like this but it seems to be working.

The filter tapers down a little narrower at the bottom so I cut and "dovetailed the verticle pieces. I also used zipties instead of superglue as it was a lot stronger. That and I didnt have to worry about glueing my hands together.........again.

IMG_8113.jpg

Finished basket. Well, finished for now. I also wanted to paint it black but didn't get around to it.

IMG_8114.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

On the tank with the stock light for a fuge light. I was going to run it opposite the tank light but there is a lot of spillage.

IMG_8117.jpg

Side shot of everything. I put more rock after the pic along with the shrooms but it still needs a little more. The palys still look like ass and there is too much flow with the 70 and the k nano. I am either going to cut the impellor or get a smaller one.

IMG_8118.jpg

That's it for now. I am going to try and get a little more rock and probably break up some of the large pieces in there. I will be most likely moving the large yuma rock from my 40 breeder into the pico since I don't think it likes my MH lights. I have a small frag of GSP and probably frag some of my pulsing xenia soon for it.

On a side note. When I pulled the rocks out of my 40 I started rescaping a bit. Well I ended up going overboard and I think I totally fawked it all up :(. Oh well, I will work on it some more later and see what I come up with.

Someday Qwank is going to send me some shrooms too..........right Jay?

LOL :lol: hey how any shrooms do you want? i have 3 snail shells with shrooms on them. trying to get some of those clove things too.

LOL :lol: hey how any shrooms do you want? i have 3 snail shells with shrooms on them. trying to get some of those clove things too.

What you got? Lol :lol:

will nemo and dori be finding home in this tank?

jk nice build.

Yeah I was thinking at least 7 tangs.

Very nice Ty :) can't wait to see the progress. The 3gallon pico sure is a cool looking tank :)

Thanks, I was really suprised how much I liked the dimensions of the tank.

I really like your little media basket in you AC fuge, looks awesome!

Thank you, I had no idea what I was doing.

• 2 weeks later...
nice wifey tank ty...supah fast setup!

Thanks, its actually got quite a few corals in it. I've just been too lazy to clean it up and take pics. Or rather have her clean it up and take pics. Soon.

looks good! glad you're enjoying the picotope. I miss it lol, it definately has a great dimension and quality build to it.

Archived