SaltCritters.com

PICASSO CLOWNFISH BREEDING

christosclowns

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey nanoreefnovice, the clowns looking great and erik nice conversation with yall over the phone and your beautiful clowns. have showed me lots of help with the clown that i received from you.

Very nice looking babies Novice... You can see where more white is going to come in the front dorsal area of the larger clown in your pics. If you are lucky it will turn into a Grade A.

Keep up updated with pics of there development.

wouldnt having 3 clowns be cruel? one of them will probably be beaten to death by the other 2 if 2 of them pair up? or that isnt usually the case?

SpankythePyro

If the 3 clowns have been raised together aggression is significantly less than it is when introducing outside clowns. It would probably get worse as they get older and the 2 pair, which would then result in either needing a bigger tank to taking the smaller one out.

NanoReefNovice
wouldnt having 3 clowns be cruel? one of them will probably be beaten to death by the other 2 if 2 of them pair up? or that isnt usually the case?

If your talking about the three i received I have other tanks that im going to put the third wheel in. :)

Again, im so stoked to get to watch these lil guy grow and stripe up. :happy:

christosclowns

Needless to say i did not point any fngers and simply never brought you into this conversation. Again the statement was if I do get grade As never said anything about getting grade As Regardless even if this did have anything to do with you I wouldnt of even pointed a finger at you. IAll I remember is you stating you were dissaponted understanding that they were not As which is what you were expecting i have no problem respecting that. SEcondly if you really care to tlak about why I sent three clowns it was just in case one of the two did not make it. I think it was an act of kindness in my eyes. I gave away an extra clown just to make sure the reciever git to alive. Thirdly if you would like to learn about clownfish and their enviornment read threads like the one on Reef central about 27 clowns in the same tank I dont think there owuld be a problem with three considering i raise 1000 plus together. I am sorry if anything has turned out against you spanky but I did not point fingers i simply made a decision and I think I was very fair. I dont see anyone else giving away free fish DO YOU

Topic dropped no hard feelings i will wait till they are larger and do a wysiswg option

NanoReefNovice
Needless to say i did not point any fngers and simply never brought you into this conversation. Again the statement was if I do get grade As never said anything about getting grade As Regardless even if this did have anything to do with you I wouldnt of even pointed a finger at you. IAll I remember is you stating you were dissaponted understanding that they were not As which is what you were expecting i have no problem respecting that. SEcondly if you really care to tlak about why I sent three clowns it was just in case one of the two did not make it. I think it was an act of kindness in my eyes. I gave away an extra clown just to make sure the reciever git to alive. Thirdly if you would like to learn about clownfish and their enviornment read threads like the one on Reef central about 27 clowns in the same tank I dont think there owuld be a problem with three considering i raise 1000 plus together. I am sorry if anything has turned out against you spanky but I did not point fingers i simply made a decision and I think I was very fair. I dont see anyone else giving away free fish DO YOU

Topic dropped no hard feelings i will wait till they are larger and do a wysiswg opt

Thanks Erick!

Im really happy i was able to get my fishies young. Just like me dog, i had her when she was a puppy and ive really enjoyed watching her grow up.

Hey Erik! Lol I learn my lesson man. next time I know to wait alittle bit longer like 4-6 month to get some Picasso from U man. We really enjoyed watching the little clown grow day-by-day.

I need your help to examine the little guy when I can get a good better clear shot of the clown or make a video? Which is better for u? I think it's growing and showing white marks covering the middle body and dorsal fin on top head. It's probably just B's but A's is good right! Lol

Erik can you help me examine them? Grade B but possible A's??? thanks!

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

and his other friend

TR Percula Clown with funny white pattern

IMG_0107.jpg

christosclowns

D i have to say grade B definetly do me a favor post pix of all the others i sent you and whomever else has some post them thanks

D i have to say grade B definetly do me a favor post pix of all the others i sent you and whomever else has some post them thanks

Thanks Erik, I like the grade B much more because of it unique pattern marks. So u say it usually develop the white mark on it tails around 5-6 months?

I don't have picture of the one you sent me but If you like I will send the pictures to your pm's later tonite when I get home from work. :(

• 2 weeks later...
nanoreefnate
i'd love to buy a pair of the gladiator picassos. my nakeds are going to be banished to my small tank.

you planning on selling those nakeds? id be willing to buy them.

Also Eric if you got and no grade clown like reg's id be willing to buy those too.

you planning on selling those nakeds? id be willing to buy them.

Also Eric if you got and no grade clown like reg's id be willing to buy those too.

I don't know. I've grown attached to them because of their personality... but they're not distinctive enough for my main tank.

nanoreefnate
I don't know. I've grown attached to them because of their personality... but they're not distinctive enough for my main tank.

OIC. well if your willing to let go of them just pm me. ;)

christosclowns

Im hatching babies this week i have taken a break for a little bit been very busy being a dad so I look foward to some cool clowns in the next few months. My platinum onyx pair is going to spawn very soon so is my helmets and my wyoming white pair so ill keep everyone updated as of now there are no picassos for sale

Quick question for Erik? The baby Picasso that I received from the july raffle I was wondering how many weeks or when it was born? It's for my little journal that I would like to keep up on the clown growths and what was that medicine or pills you said back in your thread that if feed the clown with the food it will make his color pop out more orange red?

• 1 month later...
NanoReefNovice

I thought i would post up an updated pic of my little guys, their stripes are coming in nicely.

Zoo_08-070.gif

Been feeding them rod fish food and they are happy, colorful, playful and healthy.

Thanks again Erik!

Archived