inTank Media Baskets

DHaut's Hoity Toity

Deleted User 6

Great looking rockwork, very inventive! It makes for a very clean looking tank.

Any reason you have that little powerhead in the front corner like that? Can you cut a hole in the rockwork and hide it back there?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6
Great looking rockwork, very inventive! It makes for a very clean looking tank.

Any reason you have that little powerhead in the front corner like that? Can you cut a hole in the rockwork and hide it back there?

I'm trying to get some flow to the back wall since it'll have SPS on it. As for putting in in the rockwork, not really. I've already got an MJ600 behind the rocks and to cut a hole in the rock would cause a lot of trouble. The only thing the Kor nano is covering up is the sump return, so you're not missing much.

Looking good! Be sure you don't have any snails or critters that will eat that algae. Mexican turbos plowed through some of Weetie's & something ate my flame macro.

Deleted User 6
Looking good! Be sure you don't have any snails or critters that will eat that algae. Mexican turbos plowed through some of Weetie's & something ate my flame macro.

Yeah - I thought of that. I have ceriths and periwinkles and so far they haven't messed with it. The fuzzy chiton (if he's still alive - hasn't moved much since he got in the tank) might go chomping on some of it.

Deleted User 6
Check with Johnny. He can tell you what is safe. I'm not sure about the chilton.

Johnny sold them to me ;)

It's alright though - I'll be getting some more display algae from John soon - the shaving brush was DOA, sadly, and it's been removed.

Johnny sold them to me ;)

It's alright though - I'll be getting some more display algae from John soon - the shaving brush was DOA, sadly, and it's been removed.

If he knew where they were going you are good to go. I got stuff for 3 systems & he told me what not to put in the display sump with my macros. Great guy! Wouldn't buy from anyone else!

Deleted User 6
Dude build me a rockwall like that please.

My wife would kill me if I did another one of those, lol. Seriously, though, it was way easier than I thought it was going to be. You should def. try it!

Deleted User 6

Added a poll!!!

A question: The tank is now well past the cycle. How much longer would you wait to add fish? Easy corals?

Deleted User 6

I think I'm going to go with a single goby/shrimp pair and maybe also another small fish (YCG or the like). It'll still be a while till I add them though.

Added a poll!!!

A question: The tank is now well past the cycle. How much longer would you wait to add fish? Easy corals?

I don't see the poll but I think your ready.

Deleted User 6
I don't see the poll but I think your ready.

Yeah - I axed the poll - got two responses and they were both what I was leaning towards, so I'm going with it.

Deleted User 6
is that your final answer? lol!

kick ass tank

Thanks! My wife keeps asking when I'm putting something in it. I think some zoas and rics are in order very soon.

Deleted User 6
i could totally see you rocking something super exotic. Like jokers, AOG, or tubs blues

Oh trust me, that's the plan ;)

m'akoyPINOY
Oh trust me, that's the plan ;)

what's the plan :o ?tank is looking good ,DHaut! B)

and yeah,build me a rockwall ,too.lolz

Deleted User 6
what's the plan :o ?tank is looking good ,DHaut! B)

and yeah,build me a rockwall ,too.lolz

Sure thing! I just get to come pick 10 corals out of your tank, my choice :lol:

Right now I'm thinking about putting tank additions on hold for a while. Since I may be moving apartments in a couple months, I don't want to risk buying something that I kill in the move. I still will probably go ahead with adding some nice zoas and a ric or two, but (if I can stand it) I'll hold off on the fish and other mobile inhabitants for a while. Plus, it gives me the benefit of letting the tank mature.

Archived