inTank Media Baskets

Steal on Ebay

TheUnfocusedOne

I have ordered from ReefEmpire before and was very dissapointed. Nothing looked like the pictures and the frags were tiny compared to what they said.

reefman225gal
I have ordered from ReefEmpire before and was very dissapointed. Nothing looked like the pictures and the frags were tiny compared to what they said.

Yeah, I bet that's not the clam and its probably under 2''

Yeah, I bet that's not the clam and its probably under 2''

Exactly, it prob is like an inch and looks nothing like the pic.

its $30 shipping for me =)

i rather get it from a LFS. probably a little more but worth it.

just noticed its a bid so it'll probably sell for a little more later on.

If that is indeed a black & white maxima, prices are easily $200 to $300 for these. As for $45 shipping, that's not too bad considering clamsdirect charges about the same. I may keep an eye on this one! ;)

TheUnfocusedOne

if someone is really interested they should send the seller an email asking if that is the actual specimen being sold, and if not then to send a picture of the actual specimen

that way, if they send you something that looks nooothing like it, youll have grounds to file a complaint

you do realize thats only a starting bid? then they'll shill bid until it gets to the price they want

TheUnfocusedOne
you do realize thats only a starting bid? then they'll shill bid until it gets to the price they want

i realize that

the fact is that theres only a day left and only one bid

if im not mistaken, what ever the highest bid is at the end of the auction is the price they sell it at and they cant not sell it (that im not sure of...)

im not saying that chances are high for getting for $1, but maybe you could get away with $10? its a nice looking clam for that much

Sounds like:

(A) The size

(B) The Type

© That they don't bid on their own stuff (don't actually believe that)

are all stated in the auction.

To the OP: Everyone on eBay bids in the last 5 minutes. Things go from $1 to full price very fast, so doin't get too excited with a fully day left.

2.5" - 3" Cultured Vanuatu

Black and White Maxima Clam

You will receive the item pictured.

All pictures are taken under 400 watt or 1,000 watt Ushio 20K metal halides.

We use a Canon PowerShot G10 in an underwater housing.

No actinic lighting. No reserve prices.

Never a PRIVATE auction!

Notice how many vendors on eBay keep their bidders private?

All bidders here are public because WE DO NOT BID ON OUR OWN ITEMS!

clifford513
To protect your privacy, we limit how your bid history information is displayed by using anonymous names. Your complete user ID is shown to the seller of this item only. Bidders are assigned anonymous names, such as x***y. These anonymous names are used consistently across all listings.

Ebay

Scott Riemer
All bidders here are public because WE DO NOT BID ON OUR OWN ITEMS!

Well, if they did, It would be pretty stupid of them to tell us.

Plus I noticed the seller is a Power Seller with a 99.2% positive rating! How many sellers here on N-R have that!

i know people out there that have their friends bid on their items to raise the price. and retract if no one beats them..

I have bought from reef empire once and I was very impressed with what I got...just real expensive in the end. they had the best packaging I have seen from any retailer. I prob will not buy from them again though not because of anything negative about their products but simply because it ended being so expensive for me. and like someone mentioned above people start bidding like crzy towards the last minute or two

er1c_the_reefer
That bidder is a fake bidder. It's called shill bidding. The asterisks are a dead give-away.

e***r (381*)

that's me. check the bidding history.

Plus I noticed the seller is a Power Seller with a 99.2% positive rating! How many sellers here on N-R have that!

me. =) or i'd like to think so.

FYI, they're great guys to work with; very friendly and they have awesome stuff. i've been to their facility when they were located about 10 minutes from me. granted the stuff they had never kept its color because of the 1000w halides they used compared to my measly 250w's i had back then, they always hooked it up with nice, rare pieces.

TheUnfocusedOne
e***r (381*)

that's me. check the bidding history.

:lol:

oooowned :owned:

thanks for the info

bid is muuuch higher now

Archived