Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lani's 40 Breeder

Lalani

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I don't know what the fixture actually looks like. -_-

I don't recall... Do you skim this thing?

lg-21113-28559-fish-supply.jpg

And no, I don't use a skimmer.

Those aren't the same as the R2 I had... they look like the Current USA ones. The one I had was a hollow clear plastic tube with black endcaps, and the PCB/lights always stayed dry on the inside. Pretty sure it was waterproof...

Needreefunds

:tears:

I see two holes for screws there.....how did that fall in?

Did the base break?

Meh, anyway I hope everyone cheers up soon. :flower:

I see two holes for screws there.....how did that fall in?

Did the base break?

I hadn't gotten a chance to drill holes into the tek fixture to attach them that way. I used that double sided, super sticky tape that I've used before to hang crap on the wall and all kinds of places. It's never failed me before... -_-

Update: Fish/crabs/snails/shrimp are all fine. Hammer is seeing tissue recession on the stalks, frogspawn is slightly bleached and shrunken, setoso is bleached but not completely gone yet, two types of palys are shrunken and losing color, orange ric is slightly bleached.... everything else seems to be recovering alright.. Moved the blue clove frag into the frag tank and it looks better. Going to do a water change in a little bit.... *sigh*

Haven't dipped anything, and frankly I'm afraid of stressing things more. I just finished a water change and I moved the rock with some of the palys and the setosa into the frag tank. Some of the palys are opening up again already. Whatever else still seems to be struggling tonight I'll most likely move into the frag tank until things are under control again. :(

Have you got a GFI for your tank, Lani? I'm not sure if it'd do much for what I assume to be a 12VDC application, though it's possible hitting the water caused a current spike in the tank and everything has gone into electroshock... were the fish swimming less directed or breathing heavily directly after? That'd be a pretty good indicator...

Have you got a GFI for your tank, Lani? I'm not sure if it'd do much for what I assume to be a 12VDC application, though it's possible hitting the water caused a current spike in the tank and everything has gone into electroshock... were the fish swimming less directed or breathing heavily directly after? That'd be a pretty good indicator...

Nah, no GFI. I live dangerously, lol.

Like Fosi said, there shouldn't be much power going through those little LED lights, so I can't imagine a lot of electricity passed through the tank. The fish were and still are fine, showing no signs of stress when the light was in the water and thereafter. All of the CUC are fine also, it's just the corals that have been affected.

The lights were still off when I left the house, but it does look like some things are opening back up again. The frogspawn isn't looking too hot, but I think it'll bounce back. The setosa still has a tiny bit of color to it in the frag tank, so hopeful it may recover.

doesnt take a whole lot of amerage to do massive amounts of damage. Even as little as .2 amps cant seriously mame a human for life. Voltage doesnt mean jack. so just imagine what as little as .02 amps could do to a fish, remember class water is an excelent conductor of electricity.

Get a GFCI it's cheap insurance for your tank & the romex (or bx cable) thats behind your walls. OH & they only cost $5 or so.

I can write a DIY for those that need it (tho i would assume no liability if you zap yourself). it litterally takes 5 minutes. The hardest part is figuring out which circuit breaker to turn off.

If there was only a little current running through the tank a GFCI wouldn't have done anything anyway.

^^^^^^^ this, gfcI wouldnt have helped in this case.

Archived