Cultivated Reef

Nanobud's JBJ 28 gallon Nanocube HQI

Nanobuds

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay... Tank looks like crap... All 3 of them. Pico is a cyano hell, frag tank is crap, and the cube is really dirty. Firefish is MIA. Watchman and pistol keep movin around corals In the sand. Almost lost the plate yesterday. Had to go digging for it... I've been busy with school... So far a rough start. And it's only week 3. I go to school, then cross country, hen homework, them bed. No time for tank stuff :mellow:

Okay... Tank looks like crap... All 3 of them. Pico is a cyano hell, frag tank is crap, and the cube is really dirty. Firefish is MIA. Watchman and pistol keep movin around corals In the sand. Almost lost the plate yesterday. Had to go digging for it... I've been busy with school... So far a rough start. And it's only week 3. I go to school, then cross country, hen homework, them bed. No time for tank stuff :mellow:

:o:(

That stinks! Maybe you could try to set aside some time on days you have less homework or something to do a little cleanup? Even if it is little by little, it can still help.

• 2 weeks later...

sad sad news.... last weekend was gonna be dedicated purley to my tanks... but we decided to go to our stupid lakehouse :mellow:

when i got back i found the firefish. dead. half eaten by nass snails. the scooter blenny is completely MIA :tears: he was my fav fish.... the plate looks like its gonna die... the pistol couldnt move it so he snapped at it causing flesh to tear off... and it hasnt stopped receding :(

im takin down the frag tank too. it has a lot of evaporation and the hair algae is a PITA. ill just have a frag rack in the nano... i told my parents theres no way im gonna go anywhere this weekend and im just gonna work on the tanks... -_-

nanobuds, sorry if this has been suggested already as i havent read every page of this thread, but have you tried raising your magnesium levels with Kent's Tech M, i had bryopsis bad and it killed it all while my corals flourished, downside is it seems to paralyze and kill alot of snails when its above about 1400 which is where it will kill the algae if it is kept there for about 4-8 weeks. don't know the effects on the urchin, u might check into that. good luck

i did, my LFS said it would mostl likely kill the urchin in a tank as small as mine, and tht he tried it in his 40 gallon. he said he had a longspine urchin, which died with the high mag lvl

• 2 weeks later...

har... i got a lawnmower blennie 2 help with algae control. hes a friggin beast.

no pics till tank is fully clean -_-

oh, and im re-doing the pico. gonna be a harlequin shrimp tank. with other neat inverts. like sexies. and bumblebee shrimp. and porcelains. etc. etc.

oh, i also tore the 10g down for good. i needed moar room, cuz my mom didnt want the pico in her office anymore.

• 1 month later...

omg hiiiiiii tank isnt too different.... i took down the pico so it has all the corals from that... umm got 3 peppermint shrimp too take care of the aiptasia... yeahh sorry i promise ill try to get pics up tomorrow :D

kbye

• 1 month later...

untitled-3.jpg

okay... this FTS is about a month old, imagin a new hammer coral replacing the torch coral skeleton thats in front of the leather. i also fragged the leather and spread the branches around the mother colony. thats pretty much it.

oh and lawnmower blenny went MIA last week :(

nothing much has changed since ive been working on a new project... :ninja:

Archived