Top Shelf Aquatics

Quick's 40 Breeder

Quick

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
marinebiologist

WoW................. the fts is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what kinda lights are those again?

It's a 4 bulb t-5 setup. 2 blue+, 1 UVL super actinic, and one GE 6500k... Makes for a nice color tank in my eyes..

Excellent work. I can tell you really take care when mounting your frags. Hardly any glue. You should see how much super glue I used to mount a tiny setosa frag. And it still didn't stick!

Also, your hammer looks quite appealing. I'm going to add mine back to my display after seeing your photo.

Thanks, I try to use as little glue as possible. I have only had once piece fall, but that was because of my clumsy turbo snails haha..

And thanks for the compliment on the hammer, I'm not even sure what it is exactly, some tips look hammer and some look frogspawn.. Either way though, when I saw the color I had to have it.

+1 on the colors on your hammer.

My hammer is similar in color but yours is very nice. I have the same hammer/frogspawn things going on but I like it haha.

I saw that in your thread.. Like you said, both of ours are very similar.. I think yours has more of the hammer/frogspawn thing going on though haha.

Wow, skipped from page 7 to 18. A lot of growth in a relatively short period of time. Good work Quick.

Thanks.. I have put a lot of hard work and money (mainly money) into this thing, so its nice to hear that.

Couple shots from today, I received my mag-rack from blackrockreef.com and let me say this thing is awesome. Built very well and looks great. I bought the mr2 which was on sale for $15 including shipping.. Not too shabby.. I also went to vivid and saw that they had an undata in the $20 section.. So, I got the piece for $20.. I've been wanting it for a while.

Undata...

40reef1060.jpg

MR2 full of my frags.

40reef1065.jpg

New FTS

40reef1064.jpg

I saw that in your thread.. Like you said, both of ours are very similar.. I think yours has more of the hammer/frogspawn thing going on though haha.

Yea I think your right. It came to my work as a hammer coral so that's what I call it. Yours have more of the hammer tips.

Jon

marinebiologist

looks sweet... is there a store you get most of your coral from or is it just anyone with good deals?

I get almost all my stuff from vividaquariums.com.. There store is about 30 minutes away from me.. I also get what I can from fellow reefers.

marinebiologist

ok, thanks, im trying to find a store thats close to me that has good prices and livestock, but i havent found anyone yet :(

I would definitely recommend to head down there if you are ever in the area.. Lots of frags at good prices...

I just left for a 5 day vacation today, I hope that everything in the tank is fine when I come back.. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Add more shots like this as the are way sweet.

anim_9db6a9dd-61db-a564-1d1c-b8526cb239d7.gif

I need you to do a full expose' on your HOB fuge. I may do on the 75 Aquafuge the LG model.

Thanks man.. I miss that little guy. I can try to get a few more up like that. And I'll get some better shots of the fuge tomorrow. Also, forgot to ask hows that light working out for you??

Also, got back today from my vacation and all is doing well in the tank.. The ATO and RKL kept everything nice and stable.. Thank god..

Thanks man.. I miss that little guy. I can try to get a few more up like that. And I'll get some better shots of the fuge tomorrow. Also, forgot to ask hows that light working out for you??

Also, got back today from my vacation and all is doing well in the tank.. The ATO and RKL kept everything nice and stable.. Thank god..

Quick,

The light is doing just fine as it is sitting on my love seat waiting for me to move the tank. I just picked up a spectrapure RO/DI 90 GPD last weekend. I am hoping to get my new skimmer this week. I think I will turn my 29 gal in to my new sump.

I got the skimmers down to 2 different models

Reef Octopus NWB-150 Protein Skimmer *2009 Model

http://www.saltysupply.com/Reef-Octopus-NW...er-p/oc3501.htm

or

Reef Octopus Extreme Series EXT-160 Protein Skimmer *2009 Model

http://www.saltysupply.com/Reef-Octopus-Ex...60-p/oc1044.htm

Archived