inTank Media Baskets

got2envy's 46g Bow front

got2envy

Maria, your foam wall makes me want to do one, only problem I don't have plans for a new tank anytime soon. Although i saw a 30breeder on pbmas with tank,stand, sump, and canopy for $100. Maybe just maybe I'll get it. Really like my ap24 as it is now though.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do a rock wall for the 24 doo eet now! I <3 your AP24

haha I saw that too, great deal for the 30...I am trying to jump on that AP24 for sale but the guy hasn't answered me back yet <_< might do a AP 24 instead if a 20H if the tank is in good shape...let's see

Yay! just got my 36" NEP for my 46 bow...here are some pix

actinics

P1010001-37.jpg

all six

P1010008-18.jpg

I should of let them run a few minutes, they get brighter as the bulbs burn in...I just turned them on and snapped pix..sowwy

actnics

P1010004-23.jpg

all six

P1010005-25.jpg

over the bow

P1010011-13.jpg

This light is bright as heck..I may need to get a canopy

My DIY rock wall is fully cured and will start up soon...I pwomise ;)

I knowz...there is nothing harder than staring at a nice new empty tank with all the fixens

I will try to get it together soon...work sux arse :mellow:

I just need a full day to dedicate to the tank transfer, I am also going with mixing my own salt water...this is a big step for me as I have always used NSW. I got tired of driving to go get it and then lugging it into the car, then lugging it into the house and then lugging it over the tank to fill..just tyhad of lugging

did my first water change on the 40 long with mah own mix and everything looks great..TDS reading O as I bought all new filters for my 5 stage supah dupah RO/DI ( i have well water) got the RO/DI from a freind for $100 dollaz..a steal I could not pass up

Won't do one on the ap24 maria, thanks tou you telling me about the NEP can afford a 40brd! :D But my dad has to approve -_- I have an ap24 fs, it was my brothers. Has some scrathes but no too bad. Think we were looking to get about $80 for it. Also how much did it cost you to do the foam wall, how many lbs of rock did you use, and how many cans of foam? Got to do an excell spread sheet on overall cost to see if it's reasonable. I have 20lbs of rock cooking and 15 in my tank. Think I'd need maybe 10lbs of John's base rock.

Btw if I did the 40 I'd have asandbed again no BB, reallt miss the Yashas so you knwo what that means, I told my mom I'd have sand again she's like yippy since she loves gobies/jawfish and my dad was great since he knows how much those lil buggers cost.

Yay! 40 breeder soon for ya then!

I used appox 35 lbs of dry rock from The Barrier Reef...they now give 10% off <_< I payed $2.99 a pound without the discount..here is the break down

1 can great stuff (red can)- $8 Home Depot or wal mart

30 lbs base rock- $2.99 a lb w/tax $100

5lb bag dry sand for rock wall -$ 9 Petsmart

1 bag zip ties - $6

1 can Bodo brand resin - $13 wal mart

1 sheet eggcrate - $12 Home Depot

I don't think I could ever do a tank without sand IMO

HTH ya Nick :D if ya have any questions shoot me a PM

too bad you didn't live up here, theres a guy that runs a shop in my town that sells saltwater for a buck a gallon, he runs tap water through a massive R/O unit and mixes it up in a 75 gallon tank with oceanic salts I don't mix anymore cause of him, its cheaper and less work than going out and buy distilled water and mixing it myself

wow! a dollar gallon! I was paying .75 cents a gallon for NSW x 25 gallons at a time and I thought that was crazy..plus .85 cents a gallon of Distilled water x 8 gallons a week...the recycle guys hate me :mellow:

buy a RO/DI...I have seen the light lol

I would get an RO unit but for all the more water i use and the fact that I rent and don't really want to have to do the plumbing on my own and stuff and the costs of replacing the membranes in the unit this just seems to be the way to go for me.

actually, I had the same mind set..but they sell the mighty might at air water and ice for $110 plus another 10% off using the coupon code not bad at all that hooks up to your faucet mighty might...the filters only need to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on how many gallons you make a month prob longer, they are only $13 - $20 bux each before discount..and the membrane needs replacing every 3 years which is the expensive part $40...bucket o' salt $35..so I said what the heck am I doing haha ofcourse I have the full size RO/DI as I have 2 larger tanks

lol...how did ya know I lub Pink Floyd :flower:

I know! It's killing meh not to be able to work on meh tank

I am very happy with the light, nice housing, fans are pretty silent, stock bulbs meh...but I will replace them in a few months

Thanks NRF!

Yay! 40 breeder soon for ya then!

I used appox 35 lbs of dry rock from The Barrier Reef...they now give 10% off <_< I payed $2.99 a pound without the discount..here is the break down

1 can great stuff (red can)- $8 Home Depot or wal mart

30 lbs base rock- $2.99 a lb w/tax $100

5lb bag dry sand for rock wall -$ 9 Petsmart

1 bag zip ties - $6

1 can Bodo brand resin - $13 wal mart

1 sheet eggcrate - $12 Home Depot

I don't think I could ever do a tank without sand IMO

HTH ya Nick :D if ya have any questions shoot me a PM

Not too bad, got worried since one guy on PBMAS used 4 cans to do a 40 breener then I realized he foamed the bottom and used alot less rock.

I transferred everything today...holy shat am I tired and mah back is toh up

here are the first pix of the tank...it is a mess at the moment and still a bit cloudy lol I will mess with it tommorow, my hands are raisins right now...heres some hi lights of mah day

-My RBTA was a pain cause it was stuck to the glass like velcro and took at least 20 minutes to get it off without hurting it..it is in my 75 for now so the clowns wouldn't stress it further

-The leopard wrasse decided it was going to hide in the sand and took me 10 minutes to find <_<

-a pom pom crab crawled down my brothers arm outta rock and onto the floor, running like a crackhead chearleader

-I had alot more chit in that 40 than I thought :mellow:

P1010010-23.jpg

my trio..upset about RBTA not being in the tank

P1010009-22.jpg

some upset frags...don't mind my last minute DIY frag rack :lol:

P1010004-24.jpg

P1010005-26.jpg

P1010002-34.jpg

-a pom pom crab crawled down my brothers arm outta rock and onto the floor, running like a crackhead chearleader

that's hilarious! looks full!

Thanks guys! The rock wall came out better than expected

The pom pom scared the crap outt my bro lol

here are some pix from today...I ran outta aquamend and glue so I will have to get back to some aquascaping when I am off again..alot of the corals are still po'ed I am sure the upgrade in light also has something to do with it

P1010006-23.jpg

P1010007-24.jpg

P1010004-25.jpg

my midas blennies new hole :ninja:

P1010011-14.jpg

an actinic of my rics and zoa frags

P1010002-35.jpg

FTS

P1010012-10.jpg

P1010005-28.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Poopcola! It should look better once the wall gets some coraline and some color on it, it's still not exactly how I want the scape..lotsa stuff is on the sand still :D and alot went to my 75g

Archived