Top Shelf Aquatics

got2envy's 46g Bow front

got2envy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mkay cuz where ju git yur dry rox??

WTF was that?? ^^^^ :huh:

Looks awesome Maria! Could you tell me where you picked up the base rock you used?

It look simply superb and I am contemplating possibly purchasing some for my own aquarium.

I await your reply most patiently.

cuz like buss loos wit da rox info yo!

:P

I dunno know what that wuz :huh:

I got the rock from a LFS in Boca called The Barrier Reef for $2.99 a pound :scarry:

I figured it would cost the same if I had it shipped to me and I would not be able to hand pick it, It is some nice rock with alot of fossilized coral and shells on it

I dunno know what that wuz :huh:

I got the rock from a LFS in Boca called The Barrier Reef for $2.99 a pound :scarry:

I figured it would cost the same if I had it shipped to me and I would not be able to hand pick it, It is some nice rock with alot of fossilized coral and shells on it

Tank U berry much. :flower:

Nice looking rock, and not that bad a price really.

Enjoying following along on this one. :)

Thanks Richie!

I finished zip tieing the rock and adding the great stuff to the larger piece but I got tiredz and didn't finish the epoxy and sand part...it took 19.5 pounds of rock for this piece :eek:

I am trying to figure out how to move my 40 long and put this tank in it's place while I run it for a while and let the rocks get some life before transfering mah stuff in there...hmmm

here is the second piece..will finish it Thursdy when I am off from work :P

P1010007-22.jpg

here is how it fits together to look like one piece

P1010005-22.jpg

just want to add..that if you eva..EVA, EVA, EVA use great stuff wear gloves and old clothes :unsure:

it makes a hot mess.

Thanks to whomeva is following along :happy:

nice maria that rock wall is gonna look great.

Thanks I hope so! I have a vision in mah head hope it comes out as cool haha

Nice! i cant wait to see it up and running! Also it was nice to meet you at the swap, i had a great time!

Nice to meet ya too :D by the time I got there you and Nick had sold outta everything I would have bought lol..my bro was like come to this table these guys are selling shtuff fo' cheapz haha

I love how it fits like a puzzle piece!

That's really intuitive envy, or at least for someone without brainz.

Yes that was my bro's idea..can't take credit haha he said let's put them side by side as we fit the rock so that when it is in the tank you can't really tell it's 2 pieces...he is shhmart :lol:

zip it :flower:

I haz brainz on the sand :huh:

Yay rock wall is almost done..just needs some touch ups..the eggcrate shifted a bit with the weight but it is an easy fix :) here it is using the cheapy flourecent fixture that comes with the tank :rolleyes:

The right corner is left open for a live rock pile and the fuge sits behind it

P1010002-29.jpg

P1010005-23.jpg

P1010006-22.jpg

P1010009-18.jpg

my fuge area under the Tunze filter..I ordered a 10w hologen submersible light and a rio 50 for flow in there

P1010010-20.jpg

P1010015-11.jpg

P1010018-8.jpg

the right side is painted because it will be next to a wall

what do ya guys think? :huh:

Rock wall looks REALLY cool!

Build me one?

J/K. (Well, mostly.)

You gonna have a hard time accessing that fuge area for maintenance?

Nope the Tunze pulls right out :) I actually wasn't gonna do the fuge but my bro was like..you should do sometin' with the space down there..peer pressure lol

They are pretty easy to build Weetie especially in a smaller scale

:bowdown:AWESOME JOB MARIA !!! :bowdown:

I love it!

Swat-I-tink. B) B)

:lol:

Just a few pieces of LR will really finish it off just like ya said.

Cool beans buddeh!

Archived